Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Work pole - GITT on your vacation time
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 749

Work pole - GITT on your vacation time

Jan 30, 2019, 11:22 AM

and how much, asking because our company did away with any paid time off, and is now using "permissve time" meaning, you have to get your manager's pre-approval before being out of the office. Covers sick time, vacation, etc.

The word on the street is the amount of permissive time is equal to what your vacation days that you accrued prior to it being abolished. So there is no more use it or lose it days at the end of the year.

I had five weeks of vacay time previously but mable took half of that each year

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 weeks PTO

Jan 30, 2019, 11:26 AM

Includes sick and vacation. But I could take more if I wanted. Company is pretty chill. I never reach the 3 week limit, so it sucks that it doesn't roll over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

In 2017 I had 25 days to do with as I pleased could roll 10.

Jan 30, 2019, 11:26 AM

In December of 2018 we got word of the hostile take over and those 25 days were turned into 10 vacation days and 7 "discretionary" days. Any of those 7 that I don't use can be cashed in at the end of the year.

I am very sore at this still. On the other hand, I will have to do far less covering for people this year as we had no roll over days. I really want my next job to be less of a team situation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I really love my job"

Jan 30, 2019, 11:29 AM

said aero never

I've yet to figure out how to get paid to ride

Jan 30, 2019, 11:32 AM

roller coasters.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He could have his dream job

Jan 30, 2019, 11:33 AM [ in reply to "I really love my job" ]

Unlimited vacation.
Insane pay.
Wild perks.

Still unhappy. Perpetual rain cloud over aerozeptallica's head.

He would still look to exclusively buy meth dens.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

4 weeks vacay and can carry one week, no real sick time

Jan 30, 2019, 11:32 AM

because salary and can take off as needed or work from home if sick.

Also get 6 major holidays and 4 "floating" days that don't count towards PTO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Old job

Jan 30, 2019, 11:33 AM

24 days a year accrued at 2 per month with an allowance to carry over up to 15 year to year. Plus 10 sick days.

New job - Just let everyone know when you aren't going to be here. But still get all your work done if you want to get paid because you are paid by the work you do not just because.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got around 200 hours vacay, and another 170 hours sick

Jan 30, 2019, 11:34 AM

time.

I feel a BAD cold coming on soon.

New jahb

Jan 30, 2019, 11:36 AM

16 days off per year until 5 years, then 21. This counts for sick time and vacation.

Flexible work hours are nice though.

Greenr got 3.5 years credit for time previously served, so I aint TOO far from 21 days off. Tried to negotiate that immediately when I came on-board butt they said no and I gotta wait another year and a half.

Old job had 10 vacation and 10 sick. You got penalized on your reviews for using your sick time, however. This was the dumbest rule ever and I fought it hard. They changed the rules some, but didn't COMPLETELY do away with the penalty.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously ? What a great way to encourage sick people

Jan 30, 2019, 11:38 AM

to come to work to infect more employess

Was a REALLY weird rule. Also, when hired at last job,

Jan 30, 2019, 11:47 AM

sick time was only to be used if you were sick. Sick kids, wife, parents, grandparents, etc did not count. They didn't enforce this in my department, but I understand other departments did.

Anyways, our evaluations were on a 1-5 scale with 10-15 different metrics and one of the metrics is attendance. If you use vacation, that is fine. If you use sick time, that counts against your attendance. They dropped the weight of that metric over time, but my last evaluation dropped 0.2 points because I used 7 sick days in the year for my kids and my Dad. #### all that #### was my exact response.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's a ######## way to grade attendance for a review.

Jan 30, 2019, 12:08 PM

If i wait until annual reviews to address excessive unapproved absences with an employee, then that's my fault as the manager.

Good managers know who's taking advantage of the system and who's not.

I figure even it not part of the offical review, folks get

Jan 30, 2019, 11:38 AM [ in reply to New jahb ]

penalized for a bunch of unplanned absences. Those folks can't be trusted.

currently squattin' on 5.5 weeks 'Time off with pay' (TOWP)

Jan 30, 2019, 11:36 AM

that's after taking off just about 2 weeks at xmas.

hours accrued on a weekly basis, everything under 2000 hrs rolls over year to year, I believe you get paid out on the overage.

laid off/fired/quit/retire, and you get paid for your TOWP balance, so I like to hold on to a nice chunk for whatever job security it may provide

only problem is, this balance accounts for ALL time off, including holidays....so xmas, New years, easter, etc....gotta use TOWP those days.

However, that is taken into account in the amount of TOWP you can accrue per year

A lot***

Jan 30, 2019, 11:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I have no vacation days. Or holidays. Or sick days.

Jan 30, 2019, 11:43 AM

Or weekends. I just have work that needs to be done. If I finish everything, then I can have as much time off as I want. Unless I try to do something to get more work.

TOTE1 is killing it

Jan 30, 2019, 11:46 AM

IDK why he hates his job so much.

I get 15 vaca days a year. I usually roll over 8-10. I get my bday off and if I work a holiday (New Years, Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day) I earn a vacation day. I usually volunteer to work those days b/c its dead, I get paid time and a half and I earn the vacation day to use whenever.

I am currently working 11am-8pm b/c my college courses are only offered during the day time. The class Im taking now in online so whatever.

I go to work at 11 get off at 4 for lunch and head home. Remote into my pc from home for 5-8pm and my customers all go home at 5. Yes Im working part time with full time benefits and pay.

And I hate it

So what fraternity are you pledging ?

Jan 30, 2019, 11:52 AM

I think clemsonrulez08® has a strong opinion on this

I've been asked to join a national honors something

Jan 30, 2019, 11:57 AM

something. I deleted the email w/o really even skimming it.

lutz***

Jan 30, 2019, 12:28 PM [ in reply to TOTE1 is killing it ]

4 weeks vacation and one week sick.

Jan 30, 2019, 11:50 AM

Some vacation time can be carried over, just don't remember the rules.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Samesies!***

Jan 30, 2019, 12:01 PM

12 vacation days, 15 sick days

Jan 30, 2019, 11:53 AM

All federal holidays off. Banking hours.

6 weeks *******

Jan 30, 2019, 11:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We offer 24 days, and aftr 5 years, 29 days...

Jan 30, 2019, 12:00 PM

Employees start at 0 hours and accrue time at 7.38 hours per pay period. That gives them 24 days per year. These days can be taken for anything they want. There is no sick time, no holidays. You can roll over up to 60 hours on 1/31 and then again on 7/31. Any banked time over 60 on those dates is lost.

After 5 years, you earn an additional 5 days off. So you accrue at 8.92 hours per pay period.

Pigs of Mable?

Jan 30, 2019, 12:01 PM

And why did she use so much of your time?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Work pole - GITT on your vacation time

Jan 30, 2019, 12:04 PM

With 13 years of service, I get 3 weeks paid vacation (15 days for you ret4rds).
At 15 years, it goes to 4 weeks, and at 20 years it goes to 5 weeks (IIRC).

When I'm sick, or my kids are sick, etc. I just call in and don't show up to work. Nobody cares or keeps track unless it becomes a trend.

I can't complain.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I get 240 hours per year

Jan 30, 2019, 12:53 PM

They start you out at 200 per year. 240 hrs after completing 4 years. 280 hrs after completing 19 years I think.

We have to use it for sick days, holidays, whatev days but we can roll over to a max of 2080 hrs.

I currently have approx 640 hours.

I thunked it was 2000 hrs even

Jan 30, 2019, 2:56 PM

(I'm basing this off of old project manager who HAD over 2000+ hours, and would basically just take december off)

2000 or 40X52...don't remember for sure***

Jan 30, 2019, 2:57 PM

Re: Work pole - GITT on your vacation time

Jan 30, 2019, 1:02 PM

I also got the "improved" benefit of flexible time off in place of defined vacation.

I will be taking MUCH more vacation than previously since I won't get paid for the days I don't take.

They are saying that they expect you to take as many days as you had when it was a defined benefit but I doubt it.

When I told my manager I was going to take every other Monday off he thought I was joking, but that works out to 5 weeks which is what I had before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I accrue 16 days a year plus a personal holiday

Jan 30, 2019, 1:03 PM

so 17 days. We can roll over up to 2 years worth of our PTO rate so I can roll over 32 days max. We also get paid our hourly rate for any unused PTO hours if we quit

I can take off the rest of the year.

Jan 30, 2019, 2:01 PM

I just wont get any paychecks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

52 weeks***

Jan 30, 2019, 3:06 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As much as I want.

Jan 30, 2019, 6:15 PM

I'm self-employed.

Of course the problem now is that I know down to the penny how much a week away from work costs me, so the desire to take them is tempered.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

30 days vacation....they did the permissive...

Jan 30, 2019, 7:24 PM

Vaca deal at GE. Heard it's catching on. Employees view it as a perk (if sold properly) and company doesn't have to pay for unused time when you get fired or quit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I retired years ago

Jan 30, 2019, 8:44 PM

I just haven't told anybody yet. 30 days annual personal leave must take or lose, 15 days sick. Presently trying to burn excess sick leave before I retire fo reals. About fourty days worth plus the fifteen. Then, there is the comp time due to working some after hours. I usually check the weather first but really don't like working Mondays. Boss don't give a chit long as I don't have work scheduled.

Very close to the point I can make more retired from pension and soc. sec. than staying on the job. But, with new boat and new truck and kid in college I think I will keep my job at the pie factory another year or two. Plus my ex makes big bucks and I can collect half her S.S. and let mine ride until 70 for 32% bump. "Good living is the best revenge!"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

264 hours

Jan 30, 2019, 9:20 PM

next year it will be more with 20 yr anni

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hours ?

Jan 30, 2019, 9:47 PM

That's a new Juan to me

6x9+6+9

Jan 30, 2019, 9:53 PM

no but really. being a commission only employee sucks. I'm capped out at 15 days. Get 0 paid sick days, therefore I've never called in sick. dgaf if I get people sick, pay me or I'm showing up. If I hit this next contract for smoke alarms I'll make the rules and be my own boss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 749
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic