Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For the second time since spring, I find myself
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 607

For the second time since spring, I find myself

Oct 13, 2020, 3:15 PM

playing a little game I call "Allergies, Flu, or The Rona"?

It's a fun game, full of mystery, suspense, and good-time whimsy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Step one

Oct 13, 2020, 3:20 PM

can you taste and smell?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is what I do.

Oct 13, 2020, 4:47 PM

I grab a bottle of tequila to make sure I can still taste. I have these problems 8-10 times a day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is good to have multiple tests

Oct 13, 2020, 6:13 PM

just to be sure

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fart a lot. Once you can't smell them, it is Rona.***

Oct 13, 2020, 3:23 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're missing one.

Oct 13, 2020, 3:25 PM

"Allergies, Flu, The Rona, or FaceAIDS"

yw

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The worst part is you can have a broken leg and people

Oct 13, 2020, 3:26 PM

still just assume you have the Rona'. Sinus pressure and runny nose means an automatic cancellation of any in person appointments for the week. SO OVER THIS ####

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Try coughing in a public place.

Oct 13, 2020, 3:27 PM

You might as well be the leper at the grocery store rubbing your open sores all over the produce.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I gave blood today. Coughed several times, couldn't help

Oct 13, 2020, 3:44 PM

it. I think I was first in line at 9am so didn't have much of an audience, nurse didn't say nothin', so my Rona blood is out in the wild now. And my BP was some really weird 130/91, so I'll likely succumb to that before the FaceAIDS gets you. RIP in peace, 19B.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weird.

Oct 13, 2020, 4:37 PM

They usually don't stick a finger in your anus and ask you to cough when you give blood. Unless you specifically request it, maybe they will then.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's like standard Covid protocol these days.

Oct 13, 2020, 5:38 PM

Why do you think I give every 6 weeks?

I cough to cut in the line at the grocery store.

Oct 13, 2020, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Try coughing in a public place. ]

People just magically move out the way. If there's some Karen reading labels on cans right next to what you want to grab off the shelf, and you don't feel like waiting, or being polite and saying excuse me, just cough and move in. She'll move.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you starved the medical community of that intellect

Oct 13, 2020, 3:29 PM [ in reply to The worst part is you can have a broken leg and people ]

by not going to med school

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm pretty sure they don't even bother with actual people

Oct 13, 2020, 3:38 PM

anymore. They just have really realistic robots with pre-programmed responses based on your symptoms. The way you know they're actually human is they give advice that's totally contrary to what the previous nurses have told you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm pretty sure they don't even bother with actual people

Oct 13, 2020, 4:47 PM

TBH bro we all just webMD your symptoms and YouTube procedures before we walk in the room.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hit like for more angioplasty tips!!***

Oct 13, 2020, 6:59 PM

That does explain the wait times***

Oct 14, 2020, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm pretty sure they don't even bother with actual people ]

Allergies are winning for me.***

Oct 13, 2020, 3:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Sameses. Massive headache today, no fever tho***

Oct 13, 2020, 3:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Might be the deadly Delk virus.***

Oct 13, 2020, 4:21 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't been sick in 3 years. Maybe it's the

Oct 13, 2020, 4:31 PM

marlboros.

Maybe, I should become a full-time smoker again and not just with alcohol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that description=full time smoker***

Oct 14, 2020, 1:52 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm on round 3 myself.

Oct 13, 2020, 4:33 PM

First time I ran out and got tested. Negative. Second time wife got the crud first, so she got tested. Negative. So I assumed it wasn't because of her. This time I'm like fuggit. Going to wait for fever and/or smell loss. During round 2 even though wife got tested, kids got it and they had to get tested to go back to school. EACH WITH THEIR OWN FREAKING RESULT. And wife had to quarantine.....what a bunch of crap (luckily we work from home).

SIL's kids now have it, along with SIL and BIL. She said fuggit and had to have both her kids tested to return to school. They're waiting. They were also exposed to a 4th grader with it indirectly, so they may actually have a decent reason.

It is going around schools now though. Know several kids in elementary school who have it. And there was an ominous letter from the district saying basically not to expect the hybrid model to change any time soon for middle and high schools, as they're having a hard time juggling teachers/subs with quarantine requirements, with classes, buses, etc.

But there is a separate crud going around that gave wife, and 2/3 of sons a 2+ month cough. And my wife never coughs. Whatever round 2 was, stuck with her longer than anything ever. Who knows.

Fever. Breathing difficulty, or loss of smell/taste. That's my criteria. The smell/taste loss is nearly universal from what I hear. Next most common is fever, also nearly universal for my age. With kids, you have no freaking clue.

Pro tip - Get tested at one of the free DHEC drive-thru things. If you go to your doctor, they won't see you, order a test for you, and then make you quarantine until whenever the results come back. DHEC drive-thru they ask if you have any symptoms, say runny nose, swab you, and you're off. No one telling you to quarantine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep sinuses and allergies have been killing me

Oct 14, 2020, 10:25 AM

as long as I can smell and taste ZFG

It is weird that I now consciously register if I'm smelling and tasting. Like chewing on gum, I will consciously think, ok am I actually tasting the ####.. I mean gum.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 23
| visibility 607
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic