Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Same record, but did we improve?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Same record, but did we improve?

Dec 3, 2013, 6:38 PM

Most Tiger fans are disgusted with the ending of this year's football games. I hate losing to the coots and don't look forward to the long winter, and spring, and summer having to listen to another year of clucking.

But, having said that, I feel like our team actually improved in several key areas from last year.

1) our defense was better. Our front 7 were much better, our DB's were banged up again but still looked better. I have great expectations for next year....do you? We will be even better on D in 2014, I can see it getting that way.

2) our O line was deeper and stronger. Sure they had some games that they needed improvement. But I say they improved...some. But,I see them being deep again next year with even more experienced players across the board. They weren't FSU good but they will possibly be next year

3) I don't think we will have a big drop in talent on O in the skill players. Williams, Bryant, Humphries, Seckinger, Cooper, Dye, Brooks, Gallman, Kelly, Stoudt, D.Watson...is a pretty good list of studs.

We improved, we got better, we are still recruiting at a high level. I see the sun rising on our program, not the gloom and doom of defeat that some of the so-called "realists" see.

Even though we haven't won the games we really want to win. As some say the important ones but in my opinion we are gaining on the rest.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Same record, but did we improve?

Dec 3, 2013, 6:43 PM

D improved all year. O was better in some ways but not in others. where the ball got distributed in passing was a problemn at times. open guys missed for other targets. Rod ran well. he isnt AE but a very good back none the less. Bryant developed but losing Peake and Nuk still hurt

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2013, 6:44 PM

Completely agree. Best qb in school history is gone but with the offense in place it's really not a huge issue. I think cole stoudt could have went 9-3. The sky is the limit if D.Watson is the real deal!

Well...we did beat a hated competitor in UGa, so that's a +

Dec 3, 2013, 6:46 PM

GoTiGS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well...we did beat a hated competitor in UGa, so that's a +

Dec 3, 2013, 6:51 PM

yep very enjoyable. as much fun as LSU

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Same record, but did we improve?***

Dec 3, 2013, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Same record, but did we improve? ]

Can't beat the same 2 teams we couldn't beat last year***

Dec 3, 2013, 6:46 PM

Last year they beat us 27 to 17.

Dec 3, 2013, 6:47 PM

This year it was 31 to 14. So, no, we are not getting better.

Re: Last year they beat us 27 to 17.

Dec 3, 2013, 6:51 PM

Last year was at home and a sack fest!! This year it can be argued that clemson actually won the line of scrimmage.

Re: Last year they beat us 27 to 17.

Dec 3, 2013, 7:38 PM

it can be argued or is true?

It's not the same record yet, we would need to win the bowl.

Dec 3, 2013, 6:50 PM

But as far as improvement on defense especially, oh yeah, we got better. I am sold on BV. Would like to see him stay at Clemson a long time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2013, 6:54 PM

No improvement

Everywhere except the QB and RB positions.

Dec 3, 2013, 6:56 PM

I really expected HotRod to match AE's numbers. Tajh? I got about what I expected, Tajh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When do we start beating FSU and South Carolina?

Dec 3, 2013, 7:24 PM

Or do these games no longer matter under Dabo?

Re: When do we start beating FSU and South Carolina?

Dec 3, 2013, 8:11 PM

I think every game matters to our coaches and players. I think our attitude team-wise is good.

Next year I not only want to see more improvement but, I want to see some nasty ### attitude in both O and D lines. And, some going for the jugular by the coaches

We are still on the rise but we still have a ways to go. We aren't on top yet but we can see the summit. 5 years ago we were on the way down.

No.***

Dec 3, 2013, 8:13 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic