Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Same old Braves...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,538

Same old Braves...

Apr 4, 2016, 7:38 PM

Blew a 3-2 lead in the top of the 9th and lost. The ownership refuses to invest in winning a championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Same old Braves...

Apr 4, 2016, 7:39 PM

Give them a couple of years . The farm league is loaded, possibly the best in all of baseball right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proud Clemson Fan and Active Brother of the Kappa Alpha Order

" Dieu et les Dames"

Apr 4, 2016, 7:46 PM

It is the best in baseball. As it was 5 years ago. They refuse to pay to hang on to the talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2016, 8:05 PM

I agree . However, we should have won today. I don't like putting blame on anyone but Beckham with the two strikeouts and the HUGE error really affected the game .

Proud Clemson Fan and Active Brother of the Kappa Alpha Order

" Dieu et les Dames"

You're way, way off base.

Apr 4, 2016, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Same old Braves... ]

5 yrs ago the Braves had a much higher payroll, and probably the worst farm system in baseball.

Check your facts.

Apr 5, 2016, 10:19 AM

Baseball America had the Braves at #3 in 2011. They have them at #3 this year as well.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/organization-talent-rankings/2011/2611472.html

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/organization-talent-rankings-list/#06ol887DfqMuCqYV.97

I don't disagree with the payroll comment. That's the problem. They're not willing to commit the $$ to field a competitive team. The farm system may be good, but when you let them go to free agency you're constantly in a revolving farm door. they let the best closer in baseball go 2 years ago. Could have used him last night.

Spin it how you want, it's apparent the organization no

Apr 5, 2016, 10:23 AM [ in reply to You're way, way off base. ]

longer cares about being competitive, much less winning championships.

We had the game won

Apr 4, 2016, 8:07 PM

Aj dropped an almost perfect throw to cut down tying run and end game. Then as usual a lead off walk a badly shifted defense cost us a hit. Then a bunt hit and boom.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh not to mention dude throwing the ball

Apr 4, 2016, 8:07 PM

12 feet to freddies right on an easy out. That run scored.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their games are blacked out in Raleigh, so I couldn't watch.

Apr 5, 2016, 10:22 AM [ in reply to We had the game won ]

So looking forward to getting back to SC and that's one of the reasons.

Apr 4, 2016, 8:11 PM

I think next year will be the start of something special. The farm will start to trickle out soon and Braves will have deep pockets and be able to keep ballpark revenue. Good times are coming soon

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2016, 8:41 PM

The outfield throw was just average. It was a 2 bouncer from a shallow hit ball. No need to bounce one that close. The second bounce skidded low under his glove.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Need a real pitching rotation IMO.***

Apr 4, 2016, 8:57 PM

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Apr 4, 2016, 9:01 PM

This is not the same old braves. This team is going to struggle but they have rebuilt the farm system by trading away their high dollar players. The farm system was terrible two years ago, now it is considered the best in baseball. This is the same model that was done in the late 80's early 90's. I remember when Dale Murphy was traded, everyone questioned that move but in the long run it payed off. Have some patience for the next couple of years and I do believe they will be back.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2016, 3:53 PM

lol a lot of these "Braves fans" are like "Who's Dale Murphy?"

Apr 5, 2016, 4:23 PM

Then no way they'd remember Bob Horner. Or Knucksie. Or Eddie Matthews.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,538
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic