Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson moves up in the latest CFB Playoff Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson moves up in the latest CFB Playoff Poll

Dec 2, 2014, 7:08 PM

Clemson moves up in the latest CFB Playoff Poll

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson moves up in the latest CFB Playoff Poll

Dec 2, 2014, 7:13 PM

I hate Fsu but that are taking a major f****** I hope they win it all again just to spite these people the reigning champs still undefeated and 4th that's just plumb stupid

Dec 2, 2014, 7:23 PM

you got that right. what a system we are in.

how is USC ranked??? Ohhhhhhh, never mind.***

Dec 2, 2014, 7:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Trojans not chickens ;-)***

Dec 2, 2014, 7:48 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2014, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson moves up in the latest CFB Playoff Poll ]

Evidently a Communist System

wow..not even sure what to say

Dec 2, 2014, 7:23 PM

for those saying ACC wouldnt be left out if undefeated just got a wake up call. Imagine if miss st had beaten ole miss, FSU may not be in at all. I dont care if they barely got by, they found a way to win every game in front of them, something none of the other 3 did. Not to mention that although some of the acc teams werent ranked as high but fielded top defenses.

Bama lost to Ole Miss and barely got by Arkansas, and

Dec 2, 2014, 7:36 PM

Miss State. Wow, is right, they just can't wait to drop FSU out of the playoff.

Re: Bama lost to Ole Miss and barely got by Arkansas, and

Dec 2, 2014, 7:40 PM

This whole playoffs isn't any better than the BCS anytime people instead of games choose the champ it will always be biased. How hard is it to just take the 5 conf champs and let them play it out

Re: Bama lost to Ole Miss and barely got by Arkansas, and

Dec 2, 2014, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Bama lost to Ole Miss and barely got by Arkansas, and ]

This whole playoffs isn't any better than the BCS anytime people instead of games choose the champ it will always be biased. How hard is it to just take the 5 conf champs and let them play it out

i don't think it is the competition within the acc as much

Dec 2, 2014, 7:49 PM [ in reply to wow..not even sure what to say ]

as it is the way fsu is winning. i agree with the old adage that, to be the champ you have got to beat the champ, but we all have to admit they have been less than spectacular. heck, some people might even think that jameis winston stole auburn's horseshoe when auburn was still crying after fsu beat them for the mnc last year. i do. however, with all that said, i still couldn't have them lower than any team that has a loss !!!!

FSU #4... I do not get it

Dec 2, 2014, 7:38 PM

I am stating this for everyone on TNET, and therefore hopefully the world, this committee is a complete SHAM. They know absolutely nothing about football.

Allow me to clarify: How many losses does #1 - 3 each have ? 1
How many losses for FSU - 0, nada, zilch, zero, goose-egg

They just beat the world class SEC Florida Gators. What gives ?

My disappointment with this new "system" is already at a fervent pitch. There is something amiss and it needs to be remedied with immediacy or else the year of college football has failed on an epic scale.

Re: FSU #4... I do not get it

Dec 2, 2014, 7:53 PM

Nothing new, these voters are swayed by esecpn's desires. Notice there is no way an SEC team does not make the playoffs. Even if Bama loses to Mizzou they will only fall to 4th place. Rigged as much as a carnival game at fair time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If FSU played TCU, Oregon, and Alabama on a neutral field

Dec 2, 2014, 7:55 PM [ in reply to FSU #4... I do not get it ]

Which one(s) do you think they would beat?

on any given day

Dec 2, 2014, 7:57 PM

They could beat all 3

Re: If FSU played TCU, Oregon, and Alabama on a neutral field

Dec 2, 2014, 7:58 PM [ in reply to If FSU played TCU, Oregon, and Alabama on a neutral field ]

They could beat all three and could lose to all three.... Gotta play the games

Exactly what will happen in January.

Dec 2, 2014, 7:59 PM

Should be fun.

we have four teams. which one of the 4 is different than

Dec 2, 2014, 7:59 PM [ in reply to If FSU played TCU, Oregon, and Alabama on a neutral field ]

the others ?

Same as if Bama played FSU,TCU or Oregon on a neatral field

Dec 2, 2014, 8:00 PM [ in reply to If FSU played TCU, Oregon, and Alabama on a neutral field ]

a chance to win , a chance to lose.

So you agree that it's reasonable for a committee to believe

Dec 2, 2014, 8:01 PM

That those three teams are better than FSU?

Theyre butthurt that theres only 1 sec team left

Dec 2, 2014, 8:28 PM [ in reply to FSU #4... I do not get it ]

With one loss and decided to take it out on the acc

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2014, 7:40 PM

I'm can't stand FSU and their crap, but they are getting shafted. I mean, to say they have won that many games in a row, and steadily dropping is amazing. If they put Ohio ST in front of them next week if they get by Wisconsin, S**t will hit the fan.

I'm trying to think outside the box here though, and say that maybe the football committee want to see Bama vs Florida St with their two traditional offenses and defenses and Oregon and TCU against each other with their Spread, no huddle attacks? Anyone else got an opinion on this?

Dec 2, 2014, 8:00 PM

This system is already a joke less than one year in. I think the committee put FSU 4th, because that gives Bama the best shot at getting to the championship game. Otherwise Bama gets matched up against TCU or Oregon, and based on what I saw Saturday night against Orburn (that's how they pronounce it), TCU or Oregon would run all over Bama. How about those SEC defenses? Impressive (insert fart noise here). This past weekend's record ACC 4 SEC 0. As a Furman grad (lifetime Clemson fan and Clemson by marriage), I have always enjoyed the playoff system, at least when Furman was in it. I believe an FBS playoff would produce more revenue than they could imagine if expanded to 16 (FCS playoff system is so popular it has expanded from 16 to 24). Even with 24 teams, the FCS (Still I-AA to me)championship will be finished before the FCS championship.

Dec 2, 2014, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson moves up in the latest CFB Playoff Poll ]

That may be a bit far fetched there...

If FSU beats GT this weekend, they are in the playoff...But they are getting the shaft as far as seeding, no doubt...

LOL we all thought the BCS was an obvious SEC c@ck blow...this commmittee is just bringing the human element of the BCS computers to fruition...Condoleeza Rice is on the d@mn committee for god sakes...come on!

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Condoleeza Rice is on the d@mn committee for god sakes...

Dec 2, 2014, 8:31 PM

I heard Condoleeza was the only one on the committee with the balls to vote FSU #1 because they are the only undefeated team!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: CUTIGER0207 your right

Dec 2, 2014, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson moves up in the latest CFB Playoff Poll ]

I think you are probably right. Simple adjustment to bracket. BAMA vs. FSU and TCU vs, OREGON. Then again, ESPN seems to have dog in the fight behind the scenes somewhere and it a.known fact that they are in bed with the SEC and also love Ohio State. I can't stand FSU because they, along with NC , have given the ACC a bad name with all the shenanigans going on with their players and athletic programs. I guess it's hurry up and wait time to see how it all lays out.

These b@stards are going to make me have to pull for fswho..

Dec 2, 2014, 8:20 PM

This is ridiculous they're the undefeated national champions and bamas schedule isn't much better than theirs. The playoff committee already thinks of themselves as being to important and their opinion is that much better. I didn't really have a problem with the bcs system but this is awful, Oregon doesn't play anyone and lost to the one good team they've played and you rank them second above a team that's been undefeated for 2 years and actually beat high ranked competition that was higher than the best ranked team Oregon played and lost to. I wanted tcu to win but I really want fsu to show the committee, the sec and espn up. I hope they kick the ##### out of alabama, the other 1 dimensional vastly overrated team from the sec, the other polished turds from Mississippi got showed up so now they put all the chips on a bama team after an "impressive" win over a 16th ranked team that should have been shut out against Georgia's and almost lost to USuCk and that supposed great defense gave up 40 something points and an ungodly amount of yards and the bad thing is auburn could have had 60.

I'm ready for this trash to be changed they don't need all this power because they apparently think they can see teams better than anyone else. A 1 loss fsu should be ahead of tcu and Oregon yet they're undefeated and behind them. That's terrible.

Dec 2, 2014, 8:25 PM

its biased......its all about the bracket alignment and ticket sales.........FSU vs BAMA on the east coast and DUCKS vs FROGS out west.......respect sacrificed for the dollar

I believe it's is about the brackets...

Dec 2, 2014, 8:41 PM

They think that FSU-Bama would get the most interest in the semi, and they don't want the possibility of an all southeast region final. What is interesting, by moving TCU to third, they have put some space between TCU and Baylor. All the pundits have been saying that if Baylor beats KSU, they will pass TCU, but now they have to jump three spots to do that. I hope not, I think TCU may be the best team out there. They lost by three at Baylor, in a shootout. I consider that a draw. The way I look at it, of all the one loss teams, TCU easily has the best loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe it's is about the brackets...

Dec 2, 2014, 10:39 PM

Sorry if Baylor wins this week and TCU gets in over them I call BS. They won head to head and will be conference champs bottom freaking line. You cannot put a team that has lost to another with basically the same schedule in the playoff. Imagine if that we our Tiger's. For one DRad would be lynched and ran the F out of town. You simply cannot justify it.

Also I recall an Ohio State team that escaped every game barely and beat a Miami team the same way to win the NC. Also I remember a certain Auburn team (make that 2 of them) that played allot of close games. One won the NC. One gave a dominant FSU team all they could handle. Point is it is not always about the point spread during the year.

Slice it how you want. This is a slap in the face to the ACC that just mopped the floor with the SEC. This is not in the best interest for Clemson.

FSU (w/bigs) might be better off facing Bama than ORE/TCU.***

Dec 2, 2014, 8:33 PM

I never thought I'd miss the BCS computers

Dec 2, 2014, 8:41 PM

but I think I'd prefer them over this panel. Enough has been said about FSU, so I'll just mention that if you break down Alabama vs Oregon, it's clear that Oregon should be ahead of Bama.

Dec 2, 2014, 9:05 PM

This whole playoff committee thing is a GD joke...I hate the Semenholes, but this just ain't right...I could see 2 or 3, but not 4!!!! Ridiculous !!!!

Dec 2, 2014, 10:13 PM

For the most part, it's all about where you start in the polls. If you rank a bunch of SEC teams (for example)in the top 10 or 15, when they play each other, the thought process says that if the lower ranked team beats the upper ranked team, them that lower ranked team MUST be good and moves up while the loser moves down a bit, but stays in the top 10-15...and round and round we go...perception starts you at the top and you tend to stay in the top...that's one thing not having the computer rating(s) hurts as it does not have the "human" bias factor.

computers have the same bias-- every school has to have some

Dec 2, 2014, 11:02 PM

kind of base value in a computer model-- SEC gets a bogus higher value in most of those as well

I'l be Pulling for the Missouri Tigers this Saturday

Dec 2, 2014, 10:54 PM

I hope more than ever Missouri will defeats Alabama. Alabama looked like crap against Auburn's offense in the first three quarter but oh that's ok. Clemson could beat Alabama. Watson could beat them standing still in the shotgun. Auburn had over 600 yards on Bama. GT could beat Bama. Georgia could beat Bama.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic