Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Safeties - Jadar and Jayron
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Safeties - Jadar and Jayron

Nov 10, 2014, 3:57 PM

I'm not sure I understand why TJ Green is going to start while Robert Smith is out.... all preseason and even early regular season we heard alot about both Jadar and Jayron.... and of course everyone knew Robert Smith was solid if not great.... I never heard a word about TJ Green, and I havent liked what he has shown in games at Safety... why not let Jayron and Jadar play at the same time? They are obviously the 2 best options at that position....I know there are difference btwn free and strong safety, but enough to let a total green horn star against GT? Bad Idea!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"They are obviously the 2 best options at that position"

Nov 10, 2014, 4:00 PM

Thats why Coach V needs to put his butt up in the coaches box..Between constantly running on the field and not putting the best 11 that YOU see into the game he is dropping the ball on this whole defensive coaching thing..

Re: IF continue to do what we have done, Coach V can sit in

Nov 10, 2014, 4:26 PM

latrine and call play.

Apparently Venables is very specific about the 2 safeties

Nov 10, 2014, 4:02 PM

Plus, Green is a better tackler and Johnson is a better cover-man. Tackling is more important in the GT game.

Re: Apparently Venables is very specific about the 2 safeties

Nov 10, 2014, 4:04 PM

that's a good point, and Green does tackle well...hopefully he can keep his butt in the right spot saturday also... Paul JOhnson is great at finding those holes

So is Peters***

Nov 10, 2014, 4:58 PM

Re: Safeties - Jadar and Jayron

Nov 10, 2014, 4:03 PM

While the GT game is a little scary I don't forsee our D line giving GT a lot of running room. Green just needs to play his area and make sure not to get beat deep also he gives the team a good big option with him and Kearse against GT's 2 big options on the outside.

Re: Safeties - Jadar and Jayron

Nov 10, 2014, 4:04 PM

I would guess that they don't cross train the 2 Safety positions. Kearse and Green are our SS, and Smith and Johnson are our FS.
Now, I get what you're saying about the preseason talk about the Keare/Johnson battle. But maybe since Kearse has taken a stronghold of the spot, Johnson has taken reps exclusively at FS.

Good point, though.

2 different positions-- Green has played quite a bit

Nov 10, 2014, 4:07 PM

and you obviously haven't paid attention to what the coaches have been saying about him the last 2 years.

Any saftey is going to be susceptible to the play-action against these guys. I'm sure he is being warned about relentlessly in practice this week but Robert will be headed in with fresh legs to start the 2nd half.

This game is going to be dependent on our O. GT is going to get their points particularly playing at home. Our D guys have to play their responsibilities and disrupt their timing-- we need to make them put the ball on the ground.

TJ played WR last year, what were the coaches saying

Nov 10, 2014, 4:08 PM

about him then?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they were raving about his athleticism, they recruited him

Nov 10, 2014, 4:55 PM

as a safety, he played special teams last year and they like his athleticism enough to have him as the KR this year.

they have liked this kid from day 1 even though he wasn't as highly recruited as some of the others

He wore 82 and played snaps at WR last year***

Nov 10, 2014, 4:59 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no #### sherlock

Nov 10, 2014, 11:38 PM

where did I say he didn't---- since the kid stepped on campus, they have talked about his athleticism, they RECRUITED him to be a SAFETY. He played WR last year because he wanted a shot on O and the team had a shortage on #s there. He was good enough as a FR to avoid a redshirt. He's been at safety since the spring and has been spelling Robert the whole season.

Green is a good tackler, that's probably why...***

Nov 10, 2014, 4:56 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic