Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sad day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Sad day

Jul 14, 2019, 10:28 PM

Had to take our 14-15 year old beautiful Black Lab to the Vet today to send him off to the happy hunting grounds. He was a rescue and provided us with almost 12 years of love, happiness and fun.

What a bummer. I spent all os last week in the mountains with whole family to celebrate my 90th BD. Then to come home and face this horrible decision.Humphrey was with us and soaked up lots of love from the kids, grandkids, and great grandkids. In a way it was a fitting send off.

A favorite saying of mine is, " Try to be the man your dog thinks you are". Humphrey, old buddy, I will try to live up to your standards to the best of my abilities.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been there myself

Jul 14, 2019, 10:46 PM

Hardest thing in the world. Prayers up for you and yours.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sad day

Jul 14, 2019, 10:48 PM

Sorry for your loss...it is tough to lose them because they are part of our family, but cherish those wonderful moments in life that Humphrey shared with you all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel your pain

Jul 14, 2019, 11:14 PM

Best dog I ever had was a black lab. Hard to put 'im out of misery. But great memories.

Something tells me you ARE the man Humphrey thinks you

Jul 14, 2019, 11:20 PM

are . . .

Sorry about your loss, TK.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Jul 14, 2019, 11:32 PM

Feel your pain - tiger kid ..., sad sad times !! Tis true ... our dogs - and cats - think we are much better humans than we are .... if only we could live up to their appraisals !! -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jul 14, 2019, 11:54 PM

So sorry for your loss. It's the hardest, best decision to make.

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you they will be there long before any of us" - Robert Louis Stevenson

Jul 16, 2019, 8:36 AM

Like the old Hunter in the Twilight Zone episode " Whatta you mean i can't take him in? What kind of Heaven would it be with no dogs???"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've had that tough experience

Jul 15, 2019, 4:31 AM

Very sorry for your loss, friend. Dogs are so great. We've always had at least 1 - & up to 3 at once. The thing I love about dogs is - they don't "hate." They might be territorial & aggressive that way - but that's "protection mode" - not hate.

Lost my all-time favorite 5 years ago to cancer & had to put her down. It was VERY tough. She really was my best friend.

You have my sincere sympathy. Hang in there buddy.

For Tiger Kid & all dog lovers

Jul 15, 2019, 4:57 AM

Fellow TNET pal - young fellow "tiger kid" (age 90) has lost his beloved dog Humphrey. For him & all you dog lovers, thought I'd include one of my all-time favorite Jimmy Stewart poems he shared on Carson back in '81. Still gets to me.

https://youtu.be/mwGnCIdHQH0

Re: For Tiger Kid & all dog lovers

Jul 15, 2019, 1:55 PM

not a dry eye - miss mine to this day and every day

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm real sorry to hear it.

Jul 15, 2019, 7:38 AM

It is crushing to lose a family member like that. It never gets easier. My sympathies to you.

The Greeks say ...

Jul 15, 2019, 7:58 AM

A man cries twice in his life. When his Mother dies and when his dog dies.

Maybe a few more times, but those two for sure.

Jul 15, 2019, 8:49 AM

Lost my yellow lab, 12-13 years, two years ago. Myfavjr. is getting one from Santa Claus this Dec. I love that saying. It is so true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does Myfavjr read TNet ? Soooo...

Jul 15, 2019, 11:40 AM

....he knows what Santa's bringing? -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jul 15, 2019, 8:54 AM

Terribly sorry for your loss, sir. RIP Humphrey, if you were like any of the 3 black labs I had the privilege to have over my lifetime we were all better for having you!

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." - Josh Billings

Condolences to you and your family. I always figured

Jul 15, 2019, 8:55 AM

that losing a pet would get easier as I got older, but I swear it gets harder; tears me up. Boy, the time they are here sure is special though. Hang in there, tiger kid, and remember those good times.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Thank you for having the love to do what was best for your

Jul 15, 2019, 9:46 AM

beloved pet. I had a cousin, childhood friend, whose family had a chihuahua that lived to be 21 years old. But, the last 5 years or so, the poor dog was in terrible pain from arthritis, and nearly blind in both eyes. He hardly ever moved out of his little doggie bed. He spent most days whimpering from the pain. It pained me to see this whenever I visited them. I know they loved him, but they did not have the courage to do what was best for him. They built no new memories with him during those last 5 years, at least not good ones. So, again, thank you for having Humphrey's best interest at heart, and doing the humane thing. I believe all dogs go to heaven, so those two are amongst a large contingent of mans best friends that will be waiting for us when we get there.

sorry for you loss***

Jul 15, 2019, 11:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

So sorry for your loss***

Jul 15, 2019, 11:56 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 15, 2019, 1:50 PM

My lab died over 6 years ago and we still haven't replaced him although now think about it

They are GREAT dogs and my sincere sympathies

but you will see him again one day

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2019, 10:50 PM

Sorry for your loss. I inherited my daughter’s dog. He and I are tight.He is my best buddy. I hope you keep the great memories of Humphrey while finding new ones in the future with you next Lab.

Jul 16, 2019, 12:18 AM

That really hurts and the sadness is sort of overwhelming for awhile. But think of the great memories! And, go get another great dog!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 5:34 AM

Sorry for your loss. We suffered the same thing yesterday because we lost our 16 year old mini dachshund named Pearl, who was also a rescue, to cancer. She had spent the first 5 years of her life in a cage as a puppy mill mother. At least she was happy and pampered the last 11 years of her life. We still have 3 rescued doxies and 2 that we got as puppies, but Pearl always seemed to tug at our heartstrings a little harder.

Message was edited by: richmaja®

Tiger Band 70-74

Jul 16, 2019, 12:39 PM

:(

"Try to be the man your dog thinks you are"

Jul 16, 2019, 12:56 PM

Beautiful. So sorry for your loss.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive