Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fallout from Saturday's concussion debacle hurting UM big time. Good!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,323

Fallout from Saturday's concussion debacle hurting UM big time. Good!

Sep 30, 2014, 8:36 AM

For those unfamiliar, Michigan's QB was clearly not fit to play after taking brutal hits on Saturday. He was clearly concust, barely able to stand and an O linemen even helped him stand upright. It was quite sickening. He was removed and later inserted back into play. Coach Hoke stated he didn't see the hit (yea right). As did Medical staff when they placated officials. I'll provide a video link and you'll feel outraged. Note the 5:40 mark of the video when a referee asks coach Hoke if the said player was cleared to take the field. Yes, it was that bad. Even Ed Cunningham noted how wrong the staff was and he's a moron.

They're already looking at a new AD as well. One from BC is being considered as is UConns. They way they handled the concussion situation this weekend was awful. Just plain appalling really. Later, UM failed to take the high road as they made a press release at 12:50 AM last night stating that new procedures would be enforced. Yea... they'll get it right NEXT time. But the damage is done. The program is in shambles.

Five star TE Chris Clark decommited. So has Darian Roseboro, a four star DE from NC, once a CU prospect but word is hes a NC State guy now. A UM DB commit has also hinted hes looked elsewhere. Even a QB prospect is taking more visits. Personally, I'd never let my kids play for Hoke. He's proven he doesn't care about player safety REPEATEDLY. I read a story about players getting frost bite from a 6 AM workout. Just a shame. Being tough is one thing but never sacrifice health. Ever.

Please UM, do the right thing and fire Hoke and AD Brandon. Enough of this win at all cost BS. Hold these people accountable. Either way, the UM ship is sinking. Fast.

(Video link will be posted below)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Video link....

Sep 30, 2014, 8:38 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1mIcYz-DM8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Just sickening. I believe the concussion occurs around the 2 min mark. Referee asks for clarification around 5:40.

Just watched your entire video

Sep 30, 2014, 10:01 AM

NOTHING, and I mean absolutely NOTHING in that video indicates that the coaches should have known about a concussion. The hit happened on the other side of the field and in real time it looks like the hit was to the chest. The QB (who already had a previously known leg injury) is only limping when he walks back to the huddle and to the coaches the linemen looks like he's just taking weight off the QBs leg.

Without the benefit of replay, like that giant ###### Ed Cunningham, EVERYTHING about that series of downs was consistent with a leg injury. You have to trust the player and the medical staff. Hoke thought he had a player with a bad leg and thus sent him back out for 1 play to hand the ball off and run off the field.

The concussion wouldn't be an issue if Michigan was winning

Sep 30, 2014, 8:40 AM

It would be simply a communication breakdown if it happened at Bama or somewhere that isn't sucking and falling fast.

Yeah,

Sep 30, 2014, 8:43 AM

no. The real issues is the W/L column for Mich. The fans are using this as an excuse to fire a coach mid season.

The guys who are bailing on their commitment know that Hoke's days are numbered and their opening their options.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I realize its bc of W/L. But I hope he does get canned.

Sep 30, 2014, 8:48 AM

I'm sick of this win at all cost mess. Sure, they'll can him for not winning. But it undermines the real issue of player safety. But, I guess I'm the only one who gives a ### about that.

Surprised that DL wasn't ejected!

Sep 30, 2014, 8:54 AM

B1G refs let a lot go on, apparently.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Surprised that DL wasn't ejected!

Sep 30, 2014, 12:50 PM

nothing about that hit looked illegal to me.

Brady Joke is Done For

Sep 30, 2014, 9:02 AM

Won't See Him Coaching Again

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban would hire him***

Sep 30, 2014, 9:21 AM

LOL, you're prolly right***

Sep 30, 2014, 9:31 AM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,323
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic