Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saban wearing out his welcome?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 4,204

Saban wearing out his welcome?

Sep 2, 2018, 1:17 PM

He has a 2 QB setup much like Dabo, but he snaps at the reporterette for asking about his answer to who starts and who plays. Being a prick as is his norm, but FINEBAUM cut him a new one..with "he may be the best coach in America, but he is ONLY A Football coach"..See ESPN sites for details... I love it..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saban wearing out his welcome?

Sep 2, 2018, 1:20 PM

Nikki is not going to like that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 1:24 PM

ESPN is all in on Alabama at this point. That whole "Training with the Tide" or whatever it's called was the final barrier.

Saban's behavior as always been left wanting. Everybody has people who repeatedly ask them questions, I know I do, but most of us make a lot less than he does and can't respond in such a way.

Sep 2, 2018, 1:31 PM

One of the only things I agree with Finebaum on. It is part of his job to talk to the media. Every other coach does it, but he acts like it is such an inconvenience. Like the other guy on that clip said, Saban created the issue himself by not saying who the starter was earlier in the week and then was annoyed when people asked. He can't have it both ways. If he wants to play that stupid game of not telling, then he should expect questions. He is like a spoiled child!

Sep 2, 2018, 1:33 PM

A polite evasive answer goes a long way. Stupid and repetitive questions come with the job, especially when you are the media darling. He is paid a decent salary It's not like it was just after an embarrassing defeat. He comes across like someone who can't enjoy life.

I think Saban is getting extra snippy lately

Sep 2, 2018, 1:37 PM

He's 70 years old and has more bling than Falva Flav.

Sep 2, 2018, 2:08 PM

He's not worried about anything but doing his job. He's a cranky old man who doesn't entertain interviewers' tomfoolery.

I'd be even worse than him. If someone ask me who I was going to start I'd look them right in the eye and say, 'I'm thinking about it, I've eliminated myself due to my wife forbidding me to play.' Then I'd walk off.

NO one has the right to his thoughts if he doesn't want to give them and after being asked the same question so many times I can understand his contempt. I don't know why he can't joke it off and be a little more civil.

Being right is no excuse for being rude.
Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's 70 years old and has more bling than Falva Flav.

Sep 2, 2018, 4:26 PM

Who's Falva flav?...

I've heard of Flava Flav....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excuse my fingers.

Sep 2, 2018, 6:11 PM

They've are quite drunk. I've though about having an intervention but I have more drunk fingers than friends.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban has always been a little snarky with the media...

Sep 2, 2018, 1:56 PM

It's probably menstrual !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 2, 2018, 2:05 PM

Saban’s pride and puffery will lead to his eventual downfall. These things tend to work themselves out. So what if he was won all those national championships. He appears to be miserable most of the time he is on camera.

Too bad he can’t just enjoy his success. I agree with Dabo’s mantra, “The fun is in the winning!”

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 2:16 PM

Saban isn't allowing the media to trash on his players. The media isn't interested in these kids' well-being, they just want eyes and clicks for stories. I think it's admirable what he did. It shows he cares about Jalen Hurts.

Sep 2, 2018, 8:25 PM

I know it’s en vogue to criticize journalists for doing their jobs, but I’m not sure how asking a question to figure out who is 1st string and who is 2nd string is “trashing” a player.

Not being willing to say the words to protect the feelings of Hurts seems to be equivalent to giving the dreaded participation trophy. It’s life. There are winners. Tua is clearly the winner and it’s weird not to want to say the words.

Re: Saban cares about Hurts

Sep 2, 2018, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Saban wearing out his welcome? ]

The same Jalen Hurts he hadn't talked to for 6 months? Really? Saban cares about him?

yes, cause he's won 5 Natty's in 10 years***

Sep 2, 2018, 2:33 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Finebaum is just hoping

Sep 2, 2018, 3:53 PM

Maria will shine his head for him if he takes up for her. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 4:02 PM

All Gas, No Brakes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 4:07 PM

Everybody sick of Saban and Bama!

He actually called the reporter and apologized

Sep 2, 2018, 6:08 PM

regardless, as long as he keeps winning, the welcome mat will be out

trust me, he keeps winning Bama will never tire of him***

Sep 2, 2018, 11:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 4,204
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic