Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How are the STS haters spinning this ? I would go over
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

How are the STS haters spinning this ? I would go over

Apr 10, 2014, 4:47 PM

there but I am one shot short of being fully innoculatized.

tia ahead of time

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: How are the STS haters spinning this ? I would go over

Apr 10, 2014, 4:48 PM

What are they spinning? Aren't they the ones who want us to recruit more linemen?

Just a quick glance so we don't scare anyone away from the big arsehoels at STS:

I think his ranking is legit, and I can see from his film why the recruitniks think so highly of him. He's tall, carries his weight well, and his feet are really good. He shuffles them into his pass set very well without taking too big a step that would make him bend at the waist or lunge at pass rushers. Sometimes his pads are a bit high, but this is normal for a 6'5 guy in HS. It appears his HS runs a mostly-pass offense, because you just don't see enough of him in the dirt and drive blocking to get a real feel for that part of his game. At least not from anything I see on Hudl. I suspect he'll need to put on some more mass, but this is the type of OT you'd want to run a zone read with. He can get to that 2nd level pretty quickly.

In short, I see an athlete playing OL, not some big plodding oaf who happens to be bigger/stronger than everyone else.

Fruhmorgen was recruited by Tony Elliott. He's the 3rd OL for this cycle, joining Noah Green and Mitch Hyatt. Clemson's plan is to take 4, 5 if theres an oversign and some attrition on this roster. I think Hyatt's film shows more of the run-blocking and he's been up against the best, so I feel like his ranking is justifiably higher, but their feet are very similar, so either can play LT in the future.

CAN'T BELIEVE THEY JUST SAID THAT ABOUT OUR COACHES AND RECRUIT!!! Oh wait...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2014, 4:52 PM

Spinning what? The Fruhmorgan commit? I go to STS about the same amount as I do here...the main guy for recruiting (Quacking Tiger) has been saying for awhile that Fruhmorgan would be a Tiger and everyone there has been pumped about it...what's there to spin?

Apr 10, 2014, 4:54 PM

STS sucks amirite?!??!?!?!?

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Found TWO ! ! ! !***

Apr 10, 2014, 4:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Apr 10, 2014, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: How are the STS haters spinning this ? I would go over ]

Absolutely! Who needs different opinions when we can collectively high five everyone about every move ever over here??

Stop the Us vs. Them thing with STS -

Apr 10, 2014, 4:56 PM

It's not productive. Nobody over at STS is spinning anything. There's just more X and O talk over there - period. No reason to start and maintain some kind of internet gang war.

Clemson fans - all of us.

Aye, aye Captain ! ! !***

Apr 10, 2014, 4:58 PM

STS knows next to nothing about x and o's...

Apr 10, 2014, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Stop the Us vs. Them thing with STS - ]

cutting and pasting from a coaching book doesn't mean you have knowledge. STS really wants to see Dabo fail. They called last season a failure, even though we won 11 games and won our first OB in 32 years. No matter how Clemson does, STS will find a way to nit pick. Even if Clemson wins another national title, those haters at STS will try to down play it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly .... tmac & 8675309tig - this ^^^^. See the forest

Apr 10, 2014, 6:46 PM

much ?

That group will ALWAYS have the "well, we wasted 3 years (fill in the number) while Dabo got on the job training"

or

"if we recruited lineman all along instead of receivers we would have won 12 games 2 years in a row"

or

"CEO'ing ain't coaching"

Miserable bunch. And yes - I realize this is a generalization. But very Alpo Alpo.

From what I've read... ^^^THIS^^^ Always some caveat***

Apr 10, 2014, 6:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly .... tmac & 8675309tig - this ^^^^. See the forest

Apr 10, 2014, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Exactly .... tmac & 8675309tig - this ^^^^. See the forest ]

It's ironic that you're asking if we "see the forest much" since we're the ones who frequent contribute to sites with different tones (STS tends to be a bit more grounded/pessimistic, TigerNet tends to be much more overly positive/"if you don't like it get out").

Re: STS knows next to nothing about x and o's...

Apr 10, 2014, 6:52 PM [ in reply to STS knows next to nothing about x and o's... ]

Lol, every time you say this, you have nothing to back it up. I've run their articles through copyscape before and not one bit of their original content is "copied and pasted."

Maybe you should learn the difference between someone providing expert opinions from third party sources and "copying and pasting" entire articles.

Tell us what you know about X and Os. Post one of their articles and refute it. I don't know why you're scared to death of someone looking at tape and breaking down what they see with their eyes, but I'm curious to see what I'm missing out on since I do read their tape/scheme breakdowns.

I don't agree with how vulgar they are at times with regards to talking about players and coaches, but it's nothing short of asinine to say they know "next to nothing" about Xs and Os. It's friggin' ignorant when they're the only site who break down Clemson's scheme specifically. HINT: When they're talking about Chad Morris' scheme ---- there's NOTHING ELSE TO COPY AND PASTE IT FROM BECAUSE THEY'RE THE ONLY SITE WHO DOES WHAT THEY DO.

I guess next you'll tell me that Pro Football focus is hogwash because they make stats up, too.

Their S&C bullying lost me

Apr 10, 2014, 8:09 PM

Lots of research that lead to what came to an unjust viewpoint. It all came across as "get on the bandwagon and get Batson fired because we know more than him". Then we gassed LSU and a lot of other opponents. Just lame.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2014, 8:38 PM [ in reply to STS knows next to nothing about x and o's... ]

I think one commenter called the season a failure...but otherwise everyone saying it was either a successful or very successful season with two exceptions:

1. Losing to South Carolina
2. Losing to FSU in the way we did

I'd say that's a fair assessment...

Apr 10, 2014, 8:50 PM

Yep. It's clear that TigerKing is misguided on the "failure" thing...it's easy to do that when you make things up.

They ever apologize to Dabo?

Apr 11, 2014, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: STS knows next to nothing about x and o's... ]

They were disrespectful to him and I take offense. I was a Tiger Fan when dem chitlins was hangin in daddy's sak. Cheerleader my ###.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They ever apologize to Dabo?

Apr 11, 2014, 9:57 AM

I don't remember ever seeing an official press-release apology, but I do know that they've praised him for certain things...so maybe they did?

With that said, why do you take offense to them not being high on Dabo and what does being older than them have to do with anything?? At first, I wasn't a big fan but he's grown on me...at the beginning, the "cheerleader" thing was a fair criticism since he was hopping, skipping, and jumping around the sidelines and we went 6-7...but he's made some great hires since then and done very well on the recruiting trail, so my opinion has changed on him.

Coaches will always be criticized, regardless of their successes or defeats. Saban gets criticized, Belichick gets criticized...everyone does. So why get worked up over it?

STS stands for

Apr 10, 2014, 4:57 PM

Serious Thursday Sevendaysaweek

STS is for adults, Tnet is more fanfare and for kids***

Apr 10, 2014, 8:46 PM

By "kids" do you mean like actual kid-kids, or do you mean

Apr 10, 2014, 10:49 PM

the grown ups with stunted growth and low IQs?

As we all know, there are some grown people who find a bizarre sense of self-worth by creating several handles and pretending to be common fans on their rival's site. Those types of intellectually-challenged weirdos are in desperate need of some meaning in life.. or perhaps a complete frontal lobotomy would be better for both him and society as a whole? Anyways...

Just for a simple example, I'm sure you remember that mental invalid, "tigerstripe777"? He used to post his grade-school poser attempts about every day, using words like "we" and "us". That's weird enough, but then when you consider he kept posting long after being busted for his #### love, then you realize the extent of the guy's issues. I mean seriously, what kind of loser does that every day of his life? I'm not trying to knock him if he can't help it, but there's gotta be something wrong with guys like that. Don't you agree,"CUGradFan06"?

STS does a fairly good job predicting recruiting.

Apr 11, 2014, 9:06 AM [ in reply to STS is for adults, Tnet is more fanfare and for kids*** ]

They have a good analysis after the fact when it comes to breaking down game film.

But I have ought against them. They've done more to divide Clemson's fan base than I've seen in my 30 years being a fan. I'm talking about the crap they've slung at Dabo.

They never gave the man a fair chance at being who he's become today. I really think their problem with Dabo is his moral attitude. STS is the debil, Bobby!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: STS does a fairly good job predicting recruiting.

Apr 11, 2014, 9:15 AM

They do seem like some godless heathens. I think the division in the fanbase comes when people act like there's a turf war between TNet and STS.

I'm almost positive that I know who Dr. B is on TigerNet based on the way he writes and the types of insights he provides. He has a 100% TigerPulse. I could be wrong, but I'm about 85% positive I know who it is.

Tigernet is for this weird thing called fans

Apr 10, 2014, 8:52 PM

STS is for people who love being critical. Sometimes there is good stuff on there. Sometimes their posters come off as total douches. Sometimes both. I for one think I would much rather tailgate with TigerNet.

The S&C complaints are really weird though.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic