Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
START Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

START Watson

Nov 6, 2014, 1:15 PM

Dabo and Morris have both repeatedly said that Watson runs the offense better than Stoudt. There have been countless articles on this website alone that state numbers on how bad the offense has been without Watson.

So he's healthy.. he's ready. And what are we saying we are going to do? Save him, UNLESS we need him.

NEWSFLASH: We do need him. Our defense has played absolutely out of their minds and considering Wake's offense should do so again tonight. Their offense is sub par at best. Take it off the defense for a change. Play the guy you recruited like crazy and who has shown he can efficiently run this offense and score some points.

I understand the argument to save him unless needed so he doesn't get hurt. I understand it, but do not agree at all. You play the best player and worry about an injury if it happens. You can't coach and play scared of the results will eventually show that. Play the best guy at the position.. play Watson.

You start him and let him get up early, then take him out. Why let him stand on the sidelines for the game and let it stay close then bring him in late in the second half when the game is on the line.. He will be tight from the chilly weather, won't be in the flow of the game, and then will have an even better chance at being injured yet again.

Take it off the defense. Let Vic and the boys do their thing with a little help from the offense. Start Watson, get the lead, and if its big enough for comfort let Watson stand beside Dabo for the rest of the game to save injury chances. You don't recruit superstars to be scared to play them. Let the best guy play and avoid a dumb loss that could ruin this season at all costs.

Go tigers! Beat the deacs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: START Watson

Nov 6, 2014, 1:51 PM

You're right. We won't start making any significant climb in the polls until we start dominating on offense like we do on defense. Right now, we can hardly score 20 points in a game. Finish the regular season with 4 wins and average 40 points a game and we'll be well on our way to a top 15 spot, maybe even a top 10 by year end with a bowl win..

Here's a thought.....

Nov 6, 2014, 1:58 PM

You have to remember, the only thing we have heard in reference to Watson is that he is available to play. I have not seen anything that said he was 100% healthy. There is significant difference between the two. Being cleared to play doesn't mean he is fully healthy. Also, in the last 3 games, he has only taken limited snaps in the Louisville game. Since then, he has only had limited practice time. Maybe he is not 100% prepared to play up to his potential at this point. Again, being "cleared" medically to play is not the same as being fully "ready" to play.

Maybe we should see what Cole can do after having time to actually let his should heal and participate fully in practice. Who knows, maybe Cole comes out and plays well, the running game gets on track, and we are up 28-0 at the half.

Nov 6, 2014, 1:57 PM

I'm pretty much in agreement with this. If the medical professionals involved feel that he would not be at risk for re-aggravating his injury, he should play. And if the reports are true that he is pain free at this point, then the only question is the strength of the hand and how effective he can actually be in a game situation. I believe Stoudt should start, simply because he's had first team reps and is probably more prepared than Watson, but Watson should get some reps in this game. Even if he isn't needed.

null

Nov 6, 2014, 2:13 PM

If you dont agree with Dabo/Morris, why dont you start a get rid of Dabo and Morris.
I am sure you will get a lot of support.

Never!***

Nov 6, 2014, 2:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are wise beyond your years, but we are in the minority.

Nov 6, 2014, 2:20 PM

At the very least, he should play a series in both the 1st half and the 2nd half....AT THE VERY LEAST!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic