Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SOS reaches out to Lattimore
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

SOS reaches out to Lattimore

Nov 5, 2014, 5:38 PM

South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier says retiring San Francisco running back Marcus Lattimore has a place at the university.

Lattimore announced his decision to retire from the NFL on Wednesday.

The 23-year-old Lattimore suffered two major knee injuries with the Gamecocks. He was drafted by the 49ers in 2013 and sat out last season. He hasn't played this year.

Spurrier says either he, athletic director Ray Tanner or university president Harris Pastides could find a position for Lattimore after football. The coach says Lattimore was among South Carolina's most popular and well-respected players ever. Lattimore, who majored in public health, has NOT graduated.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SOS reaches out to Lattimore

Nov 5, 2014, 5:53 PM

My guess....he'll be in-charge of tutoring.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New Bag Man ???????***

Nov 5, 2014, 5:56 PM

That was good thing to do. Glad to hear it.***

Nov 5, 2014, 6:15 PM

I wish he would've finished online during his rehab process***

Nov 5, 2014, 7:08 PM

This is one of those things I talk about

Nov 5, 2014, 7:25 PM

Seems like I find myself talking about little things like this all the time. I mentioned to my wife last season that Sakerlina would ruin Mike Davis by giving him the Earl Campbell treatment. The very next play he gets hurt. Looks like he's hurting bad. Goes to the locker room and he's back on the field ASAP. Now, everyone knows that college and pro football players get cortizone shots and other things to help them hrough nagging injuries. But some programs take it to a different level.

I told people including my Sakerlina homer brother that, Sakerina would burn Davis the same way they burned Lattimore. The proof is in the years after. Look ow many stud running backs Spurrier has had over the years. HOw many of those went on to a decent, lengthy career in the NFL? Few if any! Now worse than that is UGA. There have been several times in the last 10-12 years that Georgia's tailback situation was just ridiculous. They had 3-4-5 top 10-15 (out of HS) in the same back field. They'd run one to death, he'd get hurt, on to the next. Thomas Brown, Kregg Lumpkin, Knowshon Moreno, Tyson Browning, DUdley, Cooper, King, Jackson, Thomas, Ealy, Crowell. Turman, Gurley, Marshall, Chubb and Michel. Yeah a few of those are still at UGA but out of the others how many had any career at all after GA? Moreno, and he's never been a GREAT back in the NFL. The only reason he made it out alive was that no one could get a good hit on him.

I wish more players and parents looked at things like this. Every program in the country has guys that get hurt every year. But that is a far cry from what both of these institutions have done. Run them to death, toss them to the side, get the next one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic