Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SO.. last we week we “was” suppose to win by 25 pts & now by 17 something..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,821

SO.. last we week we “was” suppose to win by 25 pts & now by 17 something..

Oct 5, 2018, 12:57 PM

Saying, didn’t DaBO say 1 extra point would get us to where we want to go..ACCCG, CFP, Natty Game & Back Home Undefeated?

I think SO! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SO.. last we week we “was” suppose to win by 25 pts & now by 17 something..

Oct 5, 2018, 1:32 PM

Bill I believe it’s only a matter of time before the offense starts clicking. Pass pro needs to get a little better and our true freshman QB needs to get some more experience. Once this happens the spreads will get covered. We should start firing on all cylinders here in a couple of weeks. NC St is a concern for me. Doeren seems to have a great game plan when he plays us. Finley is the best QB in the ACC imo. We probably can’t afford to start slow in that one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2018, 5:34 PM

Good points BUT

- why have we given up the hurry up offense? Does not appear we are even trying anymore.

- pass protection seemed a significant impediment to greater success last year. Why are we still having trouble?

- defense has done some good work, but where is the dominance?

Either our competition is better than anyone is giving them credit for or we are playing significantly below our perceived ability. A part of me hopes reality is; both of the above. If so, we can play better, but I am concerned it may simply be that we are playing significantly below our potential. We really do not have this luxury.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2018, 7:54 PM

From my point of view, I think our offense has the pieces it needs to be good enough that it does not need to rely heavily on HUNH. I view not running HUNH as a benefit, as it reduces the risk of shooting ourselves in the foot, and also helps protect our defense against fatigue. Also, we have a lot of young talent on offense that has not yet mastered the offense, which might necessitate running the offense at a normal pace.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

^This^

Oct 5, 2018, 8:23 PM

Thoughts on the defense were not part of my response simply because I don’t think they are the main reason why the spread isn’t being covered. The defense rotates a lot of guys. Last week they were defending a short field at times. GT’s points were garbage time points. They caught some bad breaks at TAMU. Back to my point I think the offense gets rolling here in a few weeks as TL gains more experience and the guys build more chemistry with him as QB. A lot of offenses are sluggish early in the year. I remember a pretty good offense that we had back in 2016 that left us scratching our heads at times too. Just saying experience, mindsets, chemistry often need to be developed and are expected with a new QB.

Re: ^This^

Oct 5, 2018, 10:15 PM

Our slow place offense allows teams to adjust to the plays we run. Just like our defense gets gassed playing against other teams hurry up offense. Over time, it really takes a toll and is effective.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2018, 10:23 PM

The last couple of years we have just flat out worn most teams down. It’s a slow methodical grinding offense that takes over late in games. The BC and FSU games stand out in my mind from last year. We saw it again last Saturday. However, I don’t think it’s what we really want to do which is why TL was named the starter. I believe we will see the Clemson offense we have been accustomed to under Tajh and DW before the season is out. Trevor Lawrence will get it done imo.

Oct 6, 2018, 2:16 AM [ in reply to ^This^ ]

Good points. This is what I would expect from the offense given the early offensive struggles in years past that you noted.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Oct 6, 2018, 7:46 AM

Our receivers expect to get the ball and that means passes. They are good when they get here and they want to leave better and NFL ready. They will only come to Clemson if we continue to throw the ball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,821
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic