Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SIAP: WTH is up with Homer Jordan talking about the 81 team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

SIAP: WTH is up with Homer Jordan talking about the 81 team

Jan 10, 2017, 9:51 PM

being better than this years teams.

1) No, just stop it. This team would crush the 81 team from a pure schematics standpoint.

2) More importantly, just be happy for your team and don't steal their moment in the spotlight. Jesus, be an adult.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Re: SIAP: WTH is up with Homer Jordan talking about the 81 team

Jan 10, 2017, 9:54 PM

i love it. clemson mentality - as it should be

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jan 10, 2017, 9:56 PM

It's retarded and pointless. There is no benefit to him opening his mouth. All it does is make him seem small minded and petty.

Jan 10, 2017, 10:00 PM

not really - teams that have had successful teams during different times always compare and say they were better. do you remember that team?? i was at that orange bowl. they would knock your block off. homer should be revered and said nothing except what a competitor would say. no harm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

LINK

Jan 10, 2017, 9:57 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/96408530/?client=safari

It's harmless and in good fun...

Jan 10, 2017, 10:01 PM

...wouldn't read much into that. I'm sure Homer is very happy with the win last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Homer has the right to his opinion just as much as you do.

Jan 10, 2017, 10:01 PM

BOTH are National Champs and are to be celebrated. I'm sure to most people it is no big deal. They are all Clemson football so does it REALLY matter.

you can't compare teams across generations

Jan 10, 2017, 10:02 PM

William Perry was considered a freak of nature on the DL at that time. Last night there were guys on both DL's that were bigger and faster than William.

The game is just so much different.

Btw has Homer seen what BV has done to Ga Tech's triple option last couple years? I am not sure 81 team would score.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you can't compare teams across generations

Jan 10, 2017, 10:06 PM

I am great friends with a player from that team and I asked him today could the 81 team beat this team and he said yes. I would not have expected him to say anything else, He also said it is hard to compare teams from other generations to each other. The speed of the game and the rules have changed some would help or hurt the other team.

Re: you can't compare teams across generations

Jan 10, 2017, 10:15 PM

as well he should. i would be surprised if he didn't think so. it's in a players champion mentality. don't think for a minute that ben wouldn't look at someone 3 to 4 yrs from now and say "we would beat em" when we win one with hunter or trevor. ####, we may win one sooner than that.

The 1981 team is my age. Either my generation has freak of

Jan 10, 2017, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: you can't compare teams across generations ]

nature eggs and sperm and deserves all the credit for the freakish/superior athletes we see today...or we have to admit that the difference is in advancements in technology, nutrition, medicine/human body knowledge, etc. If it is the latter, no way we can know if Fridge Perry would or would not be the elite of the elite today if he could time travel to this day and age and gain the advances that today's athletes have. Or vice versa. Would CJ Spiller, had he been born in the 1970's have been less of an athlete? If so, why?

If the differences are SCHEME, again, it's really an unfair comparison. The 1981 team could have learned today's schemes...and today's teams could well master the schemes of the 1980's.

To address the difference in body size/strength/speed: Again, either my generation deserves the all the credit for "making" these freakish athletes (genetics)...or the difference is due solely to environment. (And let's not discount the possibility of illegal "enhancements,") It's rather arrogant to claim superiority when you solely benefit from mankind's advances.

I just think it's easy for each generation to consider itself "special" compared to previous generations when opportunity, knowledge advancements, etc. are really the ultimate cause.

81 team's defense was as good, no doubt.

Jan 10, 2017, 10:03 PM

But the offense had nowhere near the weapons.

In fact I'd compare the 81 team to this Bama team.

Re: 81 team's defense was as good, no doubt.

Jan 10, 2017, 11:01 PM

The 81 team would get rocked. No take a look at that Bama lineman getting rolled by Hearn and Jay.

Jan 10, 2017, 11:04 PM

Sounds like Tigers having fun among Tigers.....old school vs new school.

Sigh _ really!***

Jan 10, 2017, 11:09 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic