Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let’s have a big laugh at FSU fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Let’s have a big laugh at FSU fans

Jun 4, 2020, 1:31 AM

What goes around comes around

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let’s have a big laugh at FSU fans

Jun 4, 2020, 7:48 AM

I assume you are referring to the reports that the players are going to stage a boycott because of comments Norvell made.

I've heard the rumors, but haven't had time this morning to try and track it down.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to be fair not laughing at ALL FSU fans.. some stuck up for

Jun 4, 2020, 8:02 AM

dabo. though a lot of the ones on twitter negatively recruiting and some of the message boards, sure.

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Here is the source of the story.

Jun 4, 2020, 8:03 AM

https://www.tomahawknation.com/florida-state-football-fsu-noles/2020/6/4/21280072/players-threaten-boycott-mike-norvell-workouts-response-football-fsu-seminoles-george-floyd-protests

I'll let y'all read it and decide what you want to believe. I admit that no one knows what is actually happening. But, it does go to show how easy it is for a "journalist" to throw fire on the situation.

The guy who printed the quote is Tashan Reed. Here is how he was described by someone else: Tashan Reed was FSU’s beat writer and left to cover the Raiders. He had a history of saying unfavorable and misleading things during his time covering the Noles.

Did he misquote Norvell? You decide. I don't know. I have read the quotes from Norvell as well as Odell Haggins and Chris Marve (two black coaches on the staff - Haggins played under Bowden and has been on the staff for over 25 years, he was the interim coach when Jimbo left and when Taggart left. His integrity has never been questioned.

But, we all know that this isn't about Dabo or Norvell or any other coach. This is about people using a tragic death of George Floyd and turning it into a political agenda that has nothing to do with whether or not Norvell or Dabo or Drew Brees is a racist.

SI has picked up on the story.

Jun 4, 2020, 8:27 AM

https://www.si.com/college/fsu/football/fsu-marvin-wilson-quote-mike-norvell-lie-team-strike-football

Re: Here is the source of the story.

Jun 4, 2020, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Here is the source of the story. ]

I am with you Bret. Its a tough job to be a coach. Of course I'm assuming that Norvell didn't just make a statement but was communicating with a majority of players over the weekend.

There are haters everywhere, including TNet. Maybe everyone should give others the benefit of the doubt these days and not be so quick to laugh and pile on; even if its your rival.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is getting out of control. Bret- did he say anything

Jun 4, 2020, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Here is the source of the story. ]

bad or not? i can't discern fact from fiction at this point

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Unfortunately, facts are irrelevant.

Jun 4, 2020, 9:33 AM

It's all about perception. If you read his quotes from my perspective, there is nothing racist about them.

But, to others if a a white person says anything less than, "America is an evil racist nation and all white people are endowed with white privilege and are inherently racist" (hyperbole on my part to try and make a point) then that white person "just doesn't get it."

These flare ups with Dabo and Norvell and Brees are not about whether or not these men are racists. It goes far, far deeper than that.

Re: Unfortunately, facts are irrelevant.

Jun 4, 2020, 9:36 AM

This is the most alarming point of all. Facts are irrelevant. And having reached that point, nothing matters anymore except the way people feel. These are dangerous times.

Re: Unfortunately, facts are irrelevant.

Jun 4, 2020, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Unfortunately, facts are irrelevant. ]

Unless I misunderstood, his quotes aren’t being perceived as racist. The way I read it is that he lied about talking with all of the players individually and that’s what they’re upset about.

Did I misunderstand?

Jun 4, 2020, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Here is the source of the story. ]

It doesn’t look good. If the quote is real FSU could have a difficult time getting through this. I can’t understand why he would lie though...very curious.

I hope y’all work it out. We need FSU whether we like it or not.

Jun 4, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Here is the source of the story. ]

This is an overreaction by a player that should be more worried about working hard and be happy with the opportunity he has.
Not using his platform to stir more hate .
These young people today don’t realize how good they have it but instead won’t more given to them .

Jun 4, 2020, 10:59 AM

Maybe he and tuts can go bowling or something...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let’s have a big laugh at FSU fans

Jun 4, 2020, 8:56 AM

Reminds me of the bad stretch we went through with Hatfield. Seemed the harder we tried the worse it got.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, lets not.

Jun 4, 2020, 9:22 AM

Lets not confuse fandom over a game vs real life issues.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is this really an issue??

Jun 4, 2020, 10:01 AM

If it were a story about Clemson football - we’d be calling it a non-issue...

Here’s my guess at what’s happened...
Norvell Sent a mass text to his team...
He then engaged individually with players that wanted to talk or text in response to what was said in the mass text ...

Neither party is 100% accurate ..not Norvell or the upset players ...

More concerning would be the response and what that says about the tone in the FSU locker room... maybe some not thrilled Taggart was let go and subsequently not thrilled with the new hire? Possibly?

Re: Is this really an issue??

Jun 4, 2020, 1:47 PM

If this happened in Clemson. I'd be concerned. Just like I was, and still am, about Danny Pearman being an issue.

I'm not going to guess what happened. Hopefully, for their program, and most importantly the players, they come together and find understanding.

Here is an update.

Jun 4, 2020, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Is this really an issue?? ]

You are very close to being right on in your assumption.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/football/2020/06/04/florida-state-fsu-football-team-seminoles-mike-norvell-marvin-wilson-racial-injustice-team-meeting/3144185001/

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic