Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

May 26, 2020, 7:58 AM

Friday night, bottled up the latest home brew, ordered some pizza. Was bored to tears by Exorcist III on The Last Drive-In with Job Bob Briggs.

Saturday, mowed the lawn and was lazy otherwise.

Sunday, didn't trust the weather enough to commit to a long hike so just drove on the parkway a bit then through Chimney rock.

Monday, attempted to hang a new shelf that will hold the record player. Made one too many marks, put one bracket in the wrong place, realized I didn't have the other set of screws I needed, gave up to go eat bbq,

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Booze Beef & Pork

May 26, 2020, 8:01 AM

Lotta yard work
That’s about it....
Did I mention booze?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worked some on Friday, took off about 4:00

May 26, 2020, 8:06 AM

Wife and I had house to ourselves for 10th wedding anniversary, picked up wings, binged The Last Kingdom and reenacted one of the scenes.

Sat - Up at 4:30, launched at Gum Branch for a cheap tourney where I donated funds to other fishermen, caught 5 small ones. Drove home, packed clothes, drove to the other side of Hartwell where I met wife and kids and in-laws.

Sun - Played at the lake all day, arrived back home around 8:15.

Mon - Played with kids outside, picked some blackberries with them, dinner at mom's for bbq and spent some time in the pool before downpour.

the end.

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

May 26, 2020, 8:07 AM

Not too bad...Kiddo came up from Chucktown, hadn't seen her in a while....Got a lot of chores done around the house inside and out. Ate well, burgers Friday, Pizza Sattidy, blueberry-balsamic salmon Sunday,and baby backs lass night.

Took the boat out with plans on heading to the marina to find we were "lake-locked"... water was so high we couldn't get under the Martin Creek bridge so we drove to the marina for lunch.

Was able to do a lot of cussing at DirecTV because storms shut down the signal.

Libations go without sayin...

8.62/10 (minus 2 cuz DirecTV)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I did not work Sun or Mon except for answering emails

May 26, 2020, 8:09 AM

that was the first time this year that I took 2 days off in a row except for a weekend trip in Feb that was really work too since it was for a nonprofit

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like you work too hard.***

May 26, 2020, 8:14 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

May 26, 2020, 8:16 AM

Lots of rain. Meh

Repetitive

May 26, 2020, 8:28 AM

Saturday- Cleaned off lower deck for cookout on Monday

Sunday- Cleaned off lower deck from storms on Saturday

Monday - Cleaned off lower deck from storms on Sunday then cancelled small family cook out due to storms

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Went to drive thru zoo

May 26, 2020, 8:33 AM

Finally at at first restaurant on patio.

That's about it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weekends, LOLUTZ.

May 26, 2020, 8:48 AM

Friday, played a lot of bass, drank a lot of alcohol.

Saturday, played a lot of bass, drank a lot of alcohol.

Sunday, cleaned the gutters, gave the dog a bath, played a lot of bass, drank a lot of alcohol.

Monday, played a lot of bass, drank a moderate amount of alcohol.

I don't know if I'll ever get the guys in the band to play all the tunes I've learned over the last week, but I've had fun learning them. I think every earworm used in TV commercials has now become part of my repertoire.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sucked, as they all seem to do lately

May 26, 2020, 9:04 AM

needed to take advantage of 4 days (had off-friday) off to get a SHIDTON of work done.
Didnt. At all. I'm probably screwed.

Rain ruined my yardwork plans for the most part, but "luckily" revealed 2 spot where water is coming into the house. Also, had a BUNCH of asphalt shingle granules at bottom of downspout after the hail.

Pool opened, and apparently I'm the only one that can take the kids to the pool

pretty much spent rest of time helping SheGUAR with shid SHE needed to get down, and sleeping, and contemplating life choices.

other than that, it was great.

You have a record player?

May 26, 2020, 9:18 AM

Don't all the hipsters call records "vinyl" now?

Weekend..yeah.

Saturday-Watched the Trump boat parade pile through Shem creek from the new walkway bridge, 'cause I wasn't getting with 100 yards of the harbor in a boat. Then grabbed lunch at at Waters Edge. Pro tip: If you go there, don't sit on the deck overlooking the Cabana bar. It's going to fall down, and soon.

Sunday and Monday were carbon copy clones of each other where I drank too much and ran my mouth off. Pretty typical weekend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Turned out quite good.

May 26, 2020, 9:26 AM

Was supposed to go to Clemson for some boat time with old Clemson roomie. Wife waffled back and forth all week on whether to go, finally decided that 1) she wasn't going to go because reasons, and 2) the kids couldn't go because eleventeen other reasons (Pilot was definitely going to break down, people die when cars break down, raining/snowing/tornadoing on the trip up and trip back, dogs will impale themselves on fences if we leave, and literally 10+ other reasons). I was highly displeased, especially having to cancel on friend that I've known longer than 19She at the last minute.

Friday: left, without saying anything. Hung out at buddy's house, threw some bags, drank some dranks.

Saturday: took kids to frans' house to swim in pool (frans were up in the mountains, so free backyard)

Sunday: went on neighbor's boat; got to see Trump parade, lots of MAGA and Murican flags, a few Trump/Rambo flags (srs)--a shitshow around the Battery, but we skipped past most of it and anchored down at No Name beach. Liberally applied sunblock, and everybody besides 19She got blistered (she looked like she was going to a yoga class in a sunshirt, so she avoided instant skin cancer). 11 year old boy says "Dad, why do those two guys on that boat have so many girls with them?" "Well, son, it's because they have a boat. You'll learn soon." Other frans called us on the way home and wanted to come over, and I told them to give us an hour. They showed up 4 minutes after we walked in the door. Dicks. Drank a bunch and actually had a much better time than if those things are planned, because that means a full day of cleaning and 19She screaming at the kids and 19B, and we cut all of that out by people showing up to a messy house.

Monday: time to pull out the neglected kamado, and put some things on smoke. Stuffed some mushrooms with cream cheese and some of pop's breakfast sausage. Sweet corn 5/$1 at Food Lion means smoked Mexican street corn. Squeezed a tri tip in the last remaining space. And stuffed some jalapenos with REALLY sharp cheddar and wrapped in pecanwood bacon--those might have been the winner. Corn was on point too. Put beverages down gullet for 4th or 5th day in a row because social distancing driveway holidaying.

Looked like a 3/10 weekend on Friday morning; turned into 9.5/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A buddy who went out there said it was 4' seas in the harbor

May 26, 2020, 9:52 AM

because of all the boats. I saw a video and it looked like that scene from Jaws when all the boats were going fishing.

I wish I would have had a "Hillary 2020" flag I could have driven around with.

It was pretty ridiculous.

May 26, 2020, 9:58 AM

So much Ohio.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at this chit show.

May 26, 2020, 10:01 AM

I'm glad my boat stayed on the trailer.

And I hate people that talk to me with their eyes closed.

https://www.facebook.com/foxcarolinanews/videos/maga-boat-parade-in-charleston/245476133215989/

Another worser view.

May 26, 2020, 10:02 AM

Just no. Hellno.

https://www.facebook.com/abcnews4/videos/3310940782272725/

Ugh, I also hate those smug dbags

May 26, 2020, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Look at this chit show. ]

Like listen fatass, #### with your virtue signaling and try not to have a heart attack getting into your car.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was breathing hard just standing up***

May 26, 2020, 10:06 AM

Re: Turned out quite good.

May 26, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Turned out quite good. ]

I can only get so erect

smoke and drank a lot

May 26, 2020, 9:46 AM

Fri - played golf in HHI, hit the beach for a bit, lowcountry boil to end the 2 week work-cation at the beach

Sat - packed up and drove home. ate take out pizza

Sun - cooked a dope breakfast skillet, did yard work, smoked some ribs

Mon - finally got to relax and read the paper, did more yard work, smoked a butt

10th Weekend in a Row without Friends or contact with

May 26, 2020, 9:48 AM

humans other than seeing them out running and at the grocery store.

I am really tired of this shit, wife is too.

We have celebrated 2 kids' birthdays, Dad's birthday, Mom's birthday, neice's birthday, 15th Anniversary, my birthday, and about the celebrate other kid's birthday this weekend, all without hanging with anyone but my immediate family.

I have developed a nice beer belly from all the drinking. I got a little sunburned around the pool Friday (short lived, thanks storms), Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. We went for runs/bike rides every morning. Even that is starting to get old.

FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like every other one. I've figured out how to stay sane BUT

May 26, 2020, 9:51 AM

the 'Rona SUCKS!!!

A Memorial Day weekend with no pool, no Indy 500, no Monaco GP, no futbol, and to make matters even worse, as if the Almighty just wants to rub it in - NO FRIKKIN' SUNSHINE in my neck of the woods.

Overall I did the things we usually do these days - ate well, drank more than usual, watched streaming content, read, worked, had seggs. The usual same old COVID crap. In fact, after drinking and seggs I had the thought, "I am now counting a successful weekend like I did as a junior at Clemson - got drunk and got laid." That's a victory when you're 20 years old I suppose. Not so much now.

ARGH!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty much the usual

May 26, 2020, 10:00 AM

Spent 3/4's of the day gathering #### so we can travel less than half a mile. Saturday there was a band playing on a dock up by the 24 bridge, anchored up there for awhile and hung out. Didn't ride around too much the lake was so packed.

We're going to need a bigger boat if this kind of boat traffic becomes the norm.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

May 26, 2020, 10:06 AM

Worked around the house and hung out with the kids on Saturday.
Sunday, Son and I went with my dad down to our cabin on the Edisto River and worked on the cabin and piddled around in the woods. I stepped on a CFL light blub with my bare feet. Do not recomend. I pulled a 3/4" macaroni noodle shaped piece of glass out of my foot. There's probably still glass in there. Hurts like a MF.

Monday, I woke up, tried to dig additional glass out of my foot, did not find any. Went to my cousin's house and rode cheap chinese 4 wheelers, ate burgers, just had some good ol' family hang-time. Had ##### with wife last night.

Decent weekend.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

popped my pandemic restaurant eat in cherry

May 26, 2020, 10:07 AM

went and ate Saturday at McGee's Irish Pub in Anderson, their new outdoor seating area is awesome, food was good and may not have contacted anything

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

East coast party don't ever end......

May 26, 2020, 10:41 AM

Friday - Watched westerns. Daughter came for short visit. Cooked something for SIL and Granny. Don't remember what.

Saturday - Watched westerns. Cooked chicken & rice and seasoned peas & snap with Vidalia onions for SIL and Granny.

Sunday - Watched westerns. Watched Green Berets with Granny. Cried at end when Vietnamese orphan boy looked for his GB buddy who got kilt. Made boiled shrimp and coleslaw for SIL and Granny.

Monday - Watched westerns. Made Swedish meatballs & noodles with green beans for SIL and Granny.

Tuesday - Put Trailer hitch on truck. Backed up to trailer. Realized it was a 2" ball and wouldn't fit trailer. Bought 1-7/8" ball from Ace Hardware. Meanwhile John Deere still broke. Grass reaches record height. Greenr ending.

10/10 spent on the canal at 'souf' Litchfeel. Went to

May 26, 2020, 11:02 AM

Bistro, sat at bar, and ate goot food. Fished a lttle. Had great beach day Sat.

Did I mention I played Caledonia Friday?

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

SHHHHHHHHHHH***

May 26, 2020, 11:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

serry***

May 26, 2020, 1:36 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Pretty good.

May 26, 2020, 11:37 AM

Got laid

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty good. LDRed it all weekend at the beach for vacation

May 26, 2020, 12:21 PM

spent yesterday doing yardwork.

Not bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic