Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC network REALLY wants us out...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

SEC network REALLY wants us out...

Sep 29, 2019, 12:04 AM

Just happened to flip to what they were saying about today. They discuss where everyone should be ranked. First guy... Didn't even have Clemson in the top 5 and put Auburn at #1, Bama at #4. Second guy had Clemson at #4. Anyone think 44-16 scared the hades out of them of Clemson returning?? Someone really thinks we should drop out of the top 5 after winning? Lol. Wow, that's just rich.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC network REALLY wants us out...

Sep 29, 2019, 12:05 AM

We won. Move on. Next.

Sep 29, 2019, 12:06 AM

Yep. Their only hope is we don’t make it in. They’ve seen what we can do to them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 29, 2019, 12:13 AM

Simply hilarious how transparent their fear is, @ SEC network. Love it!

Sep 29, 2019, 12:20 AM

Same here. That couldn't have been any more apparent. If we aren't the Patriots this season in every game, they'll be hoping we drop out, forgetting they do in fact have to play each other and what happens if those games aren't close. They really were broken by what we did to Alabama. I'm loving this.

Yeah, we played bad today... But every year, we have that one bad game that wakes up the coaches, wakes up the players. It's always good when you can say you won that one. Back to fundamentals boys... Hype time is over... Time to go earn it and prove it, again. GO TIGERS!!!

Sep 29, 2019, 6:57 AM

You think. Of course, they want us out. If the SEC had there the way the playoffs would be expanded to 8 teams, with 4 spots going to SEC teams not named coots, plus the 3 power conference winners other than the ACC, then add Notre Dame.
The 3 power conference champions, plus Notre Dame would each face an SEC team in the first round. Figure that the SEC teams are placed 1-2-3-4, and the strongest Power Five winners are placed with the strongest team ranked 7-6-5 and Notre Dame 8, you have a pretty good chance the SEC gets 3 out of 4 wins in the first round.
Or just take the top 4 SEC teams, and play 1 vs 4,2 vs 3 at two of the Major Bowl sites other than Atlanta, and then play the National Championship there.

Sep 29, 2019, 7:07 AM

I think we are 4th through 7th somewhere from what I have seen at this stage. That doesnt mean we wont be better by end though. Doesnt exactly matter right now.

Sep 29, 2019, 7:19 AM

As long as this team is in the Top 4 of the CFP standings after the ACC Championship Game, I’m good. There is something about the championship stretch that transforms this team and turns them into the Incredible Hulk. A little more maturity with this team and I like our chances. Always better to peak later in the season rather than earlier,

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2019, 7:22 AM

Thinking should be at 4 this time team needs a reality check.

There is nothing real about rankings...

Sep 29, 2019, 8:51 AM

Nothing. Somehow, there's a perception that those who vote...and those in the media doing all the talking and writing are experts. LOL...no more than me. If they were experts, 'Bama would be working on a Natty 5-bomb this year. But...they ain't. And when the ball drops in the New Year, 'Bama won't have another Natty, either.

When you watch how teams play their games, in many instances, they're telling you what their warts are. With the possible exception of Auburn, defense is NOT the strength of the SEC 'Wonder Kids'. And in Auburns case, it's because their offense is functional...but that's it.

Realizing it's a hard concept to grasp, but the Tiger staff really does know what it's doing. There's a conscious effort to put players in a position to feel stress...and that can't happen when you're up by double-digits. That's why back-ups are in the game during the first quarter. It's why plays are run when everyone knows what's coming. Prove you can impose your will...prove it. That's how the iron gets sharpened.

We're five years into a process that unfolds every single September the same as this one has. Many, many Tiger fans realize that. For many others, though, while they say they LOVE Dabo...they don't hear a word he says!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2019, 9:39 AM

Good thing is, they all have to eventually play each other. It will all work itself out. We just got to keep winning baby!

pretty funny that the SEC Network covers Clemson

Sep 29, 2019, 9:54 AM

as much or more than they do the Cluckers. Our game highlights actually ran this morning on the "SEC Now" show.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic