Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Every year that goes by we see how SEC hype is BS & a talented PR group was hired..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,775

Every year that goes by we see how SEC hype is BS & a talented PR group was hired..

Oct 13, 2020, 6:48 PM

to create the “It Just Means More”.. and that their pompous phrase isn’t any better or meaningful than the limp political one of: “Yes We Can”.

Saying, Clemson & Dabo have seen thru that Bull and moved to the front.

Go #1 TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Every year that goes by we see how SEC hype is BS & was created by a talented PR group..

Oct 13, 2020, 6:54 PM

"Yes We Can"

Make American Great Again

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny, See what you done did there partner..

Oct 13, 2020, 6:58 PM

but that last little ditty phase actually had some merit especially if every American could have or would have gotten on board.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's fascinating. I could say the exact opposite :)***

Oct 13, 2020, 7:02 PM

Re: Every year that goes by we see how SEC hype is BS & was created by a talented PR group..

Oct 14, 2020, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Every year that goes by we see how SEC hype is BS & was created by a talented PR group.. ]

Which American?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 13, 2020, 6:57 PM

We knew for sure when they let the coots in it was a schlock operation

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2020, 7:08 PM

So true Bill!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2020, 7:16 PM

Is it hype when they are in the championship game almost EVERY year?

Oct 13, 2020, 7:27 PM

In the last twenty years there has been only three championship games that did not include an SEC team. To me, that is as impressive as any streak in sports!

Oct 13, 2020, 9:41 PM

There were many of those years before the playoff system that a SEC team was in the championship merely bc of the SEC hype BullChit. Under the BCS system, I do wonder how many times, if any that Clemson would have had the opportunity to play for the NC bc of the SEC-Big overhype BullChit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a moderate with the SEC Bill ..

Oct 13, 2020, 7:57 PM

1) I would expect Ole Miss & Miss St to overwhelm most ACC bottom dwellers with points despite no D.
2) Bama and UGA can recruit with Clemson, and Bama can play with Clemson.
3) One year wonder SEC teams like LSU & AUB can win the big one when the stars align. Do not look fo that to happen at UNC, Va Tech or even "BretFSU" anytime soon.
4) But I have to agree with you the SEC Propaganda Machine never stops printing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC has the skins BUT...

Oct 14, 2020, 1:03 AM

SEC has won the NC game 11 of the past 17. SEC simply has more talent than any other league.

This year, however, SEC is apparently down. LSU is a dumpster fire, and all contenders have lost except UGA and bama who play Sat nite.

bama has no D, got abused by OM. UGA has limited O, still has QB issues.

b12 is a joke, Pac is as usual irrelevant.

Looks like CU and tOSU are the best in the land.

May the cv19 miss you. Good luck vs the nuts!

Agree...***

Oct 14, 2020, 9:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The SEC has normally about three really good teams

Oct 14, 2020, 9:25 AM [ in reply to SEC has the skins BUT... ]

each year. What has set them apart in the public eye, is that, other than Bama, it is not usually the SAME three teams. As you said, one year wonders like LSU and Auburn pop up, and make a run all the way to the top. But, just as quickly, they fall back again, but that part does NOT get reported, because it would not play into the hype machine.

Millions of dollars matter, and that huge infusion of cash the SEC got from the SEC Network, and affiliation with ESPN, gave them a large advantage for several years. Now that the ACC Network exists, I expect the ACC to make some inroads. However, it is obvious to me that the ACC Network is still being treated like a "little brother" compared to the SEC Network. How else to explain that you have a show like Packer and Durham eating up a huge amount of air time?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The SEC has normally about three really good teams

Oct 14, 2020, 10:21 AM

IT'S NOT ALL HYPE! SEC takes on top teams from B12, ACC and b10 in bowls, and WINS.

Plus look at the NFL:

Five out of the top 10 programs that have the most active NFL players are SEC schools.
conference players on NFL rosters

SEC 339
Big Ten 253
ACC 215
Pac-12 189

SEC has 53% more players in the NFL than does the ACC.

Is the NFL biased? Do they wrongly buy into the pub?

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,775
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic