Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC deal with ESPN might affect Heisman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,306

SEC deal with ESPN might affect Heisman

Dec 10, 2015, 10:23 AM

We keep hearing about how Henry is the front runner and the best player in nation because he plays in SEC and broke records during a really bad year for SEC...and barely hear anything about Watson or McCaffrey (however you spell it) except for the few people who talked about who they would vote for if they could. I think Henry gets more love than he should from ESPN just because of their deal with SEC

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ya think?***

Dec 10, 2015, 10:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Is this sarcasm or are you out of the loop?

Dec 10, 2015, 10:25 AM

Either way this is 100% the case. It's all money and politics and ESPN boosts the SEC any chance they get.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear you but,

Dec 10, 2015, 10:26 AM

Many sports writers (voters) are competitors of ESPiN. They hear the rhetoric but it doesn't mean they agree with it.

Voters come from all over.

Dec 10, 2015, 10:30 AM

Even the local sports talk host in Charleston gets a vote. I think there is an awards show tonight. It will bug me more if he doesn't get hardware from it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could also have a negative affect from regional voters outsideSEC country***

Dec 10, 2015, 10:27 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC deal with ESPN might affect Heisman

Dec 10, 2015, 10:33 AM

I really don't understand all of this talk about SEC favoritism at ESPN. All 3 candidates are very special and are vital to each of their teams' success. All 3 are very different players, and you could make a strong case for each one.

K_arena, I don't mean to be offensive but,

Dec 10, 2015, 10:43 AM

If you don't get that ESPN is biased toward the SEC... Then you must not watch or listen to ESPiN.
Things have gotten better this year but even with those improvements, they still show a strong bias.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,306
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic