Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC Network's Greg McIlroy was
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

SEC Network's Greg McIlroy was

Nov 14, 2016, 8:15 AM

on "Mike and Mike" this morning, and he says Clemson drops only from 2 to 3 on Tuesday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

Re: SEC Network's Greg McIlroy was

Nov 14, 2016, 8:19 AM

that would be interesting if so. with lots of others losing who knows

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2016, 8:22 AM

Agree with him , but maybe 4 .
Louisville isn't jumping Clemson with the committee...they only get that reach from the biased AP pollsters.
#CFBPCommitteeDon'tcare'boutpretty

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 14, 2016, 8:40 AM

So you are saying a solid 3, cause Ohio ain't gonna be behind U of L either.

In reality we should not be behind OSU, Michigan, or U of L.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2016, 8:45 AM

I think it will be ...and this is conjecture of course :
1. Bama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson, Michigan
4. Michigan, Clemson

You'll not there is no Louisville anywhere on my rough draft.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 14, 2016, 9:15 AM

yep - there will be on louisville

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Nov 14, 2016, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC Network's Greg McIlroy was ]

I know, was assuming you wouldn't have both B1G schools ahead of us.

I don't see where either should be above us, is in my last statement in my previous post, we was already ahead of Michigan and the Penn St win over OSU is the key in my assessment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2016, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC Network's Greg McIlroy was ]

I agree Clemson should and will likely be #3 or #4, and that Louisville will not jump Clemson. We're obviously basing this on the precedent the committee has set (see TAMU/Auburn), and explicitly stated.

However, it seems pretty naive to call them "biased AP pollsters" after Louisville jumped us this week. Let's at least recognize the CFP committee has a new, slightly different protocol for analyzing and ranking teams. Prior to the CFP committee, everyone would mostly expect (or at least accept) Louisville jumping us this week based on their only loss being to a top 10 team (albeit us) on the road, and our loss being to an unranked team, at home, and later in the season.

The rankings are fundamentally different, and right now we're benefiting from the relatively new emphasis on head-to-head matchups. Simple as that - nothing more, nothing less

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I know is that

Nov 14, 2016, 8:24 AM

no matter where we are ranked, if Louisville is ahead of us I have lost all faith in the committee. They have made it crystal clear that head-to-head is the first measure of ranking so if they go back on that now I will lose it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is probably the most irrelevant poll to date from the

Nov 14, 2016, 8:47 AM

committee. If they have us behind them in the final one, the one that sets the 4 team playoff, then we have something to complain about. Tomorrow, it doesn't matter where they put us, and we have not won the Atlantic or the ACC as of yet. Even the head-to-head can be argued both ways (when it happened, what has happened since, home field advantage, etc), but there is no arguing who has a championship and who doesn't. Even though now, the Atlantic will end in a tie technically.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic