»
Topic: SEC
Replies: 22   Last Post: Jan 8, 2013 9:33 PM by: fridgepush
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.


[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 22  

SEC

[4]
Posted: Jan 8, 2013 4:43 PM
 

I am no longer using the term S E C, from now on I will just say "ALABAMA"

military_donation.jpg

I'm calling them second extra chance


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 4:47 PM
 

because you can play in the National Championship even if you can't win your own Conference Championship

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg


or even your Division.***


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 6:11 PM
 



2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Photobucket is holding my sig pic hostage. Screw them.


Re: SEC


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 5:37 PM
 

I absolutely agree, I get that the SEC is the top conference, but without Alabama they dont get half the credit. Look how many SEC teams this year didnt go bowling. Its all bama, not the sec!! A&M will come back to earth after johnny football leaves in 2 leaves. Bama steamrolls the sec teams.


9 of 14 went bowling. Pretty good numbers.


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 5:41 PM
 

5 sat home. and none had to get waivers from having a losing season after losing the championship game.

military_donation.jpg

Only because the SEC doesn't punish it's cheaters...If UNC,


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 5:57 PM
 

OSU ,PSU and Miami were in the SEC, they wouldn't have to sit out...


What cheating hasn't been punished?***


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 5:58 PM
 



military_donation.jpg

Auburn? How can Auburn get a ruling in 2 days when Miami


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 5:59 PM
 

can't get a ruling 2 years later?


Because apparently the NCAA said


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 6:02 PM
 

"Nothing to see here"

There was no impropriety found by the NCAA. However, I think it was dirty as all ####. No one can prove it though. That was all on the NCAA. SEC can't punish a crime for which there is no actual proof (or at least for which the proof hasn't been found).

It's not about not punishing cheaters, it's about the cheaters getting caught in this case.

military_donation.jpg

Auburn didn't get caught?***


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 6:03 PM
 




Do you remember the investigation report came back (really


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 6:07 PM
 

fast, I might add) and said no impropriety had taken place?

I don't buy it, but that's what happened. Someone either fooled the NCAA (possible) or the NCAA is on the take (less likely, but possible). The point is, the SEC won't punish a school for something it THINKS is happening since the NCAA said there was nothing going on.

military_donation.jpg

Do you think that this many cheaters could prosper in any


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 6:09 PM
 

other conference? Do you not think Slive's "don't ask, don't tell" policy has even a little to do with the lack of enforcement?


Re: Do you think that this many cheaters could prosper in any

[1]
Posted: Jan 8, 2013 6:14 PM
 

They actually found that Cam's dad had tried to get money from one of the SEC teams, can't remember which one since they all cheat. But anyway, the NCAA actually considers it a violation for anyone working on the behalf of any recruit to solicit any inappropriate funds of any kind with or without the knowledge of the recruit.

So they caught Cam's dad. Cam should have been ineligible. The tv guys would have lost a ton of money. So Cam was magically reinstated. Hmm... fishy much?


Think UNC and Miami would have benefited from a 48 hour


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 6:18 PM
 

investigation? The $cam Newton saga was an utter joke...Even the guy defending him knows he's guilty...


That's one case, yet you say "this many cheaters" Is that an


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 9:29 PM
 

assumption or do you have evidence that you're with holding?

military_donation.jpg

How can Bama get probation WHILE it's on probation?***


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 6:01 PM
 




How can a Bama player take $ from the same agent that


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 6:02 PM
 

got UNC players in trouble and only miss a game while UNC had to sit 14 for half a season or more?


Re: SEC


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 5:48 PM
 

> I absolutely agree, I get that the SEC is the top
> conference, but without Alabama they dont get half
> the credit. Look how many SEC teams this year didnt
> go bowling. Its all bama, not the sec!! A&M will come
> back to earth after johnny football leaves in 2
> leaves. Bama steamrolls the sec teams.


The SEC had 9 teams play in bowl games... the most in college football. Only 5 of the SEC teams didn't go to bowl games.


And what is this about the SEC wouldn't be good without Bama?

Georgia would have played in the national championship this year if Bama wasn't there. And Georgia would have beaten Notre Dame.

LSU was in the national championship last year, and would have beaten whoever else was put in front of them.

Auburn won the BCS NC the year before that.

Bama won the year before Auburn. But if Bama wasn't in the national championship, Florida would have been. Florida was 13-1 with their only loss coming to Bama in the SEC Championship. Florida would have played Texas.

The year before that, Florida was the BCS NC.

The year before that, LSU was the BCS NC.

The year before that, Florida was the BCS NC.


So yes, even without Bama, the SEC would still be dominant.


Actually the Big 12 only had one team that didn't make a


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 6:52 PM
 

bowl, also coot, if you think LSU would have beaten OK st, then you're not paying attention and are a homer

military_donation.jpg

Re: Actually the Big 12 only had one team that didn't make a


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 7:04 PM
 

> if you think LSU would have beaten
> OK st, then you're not paying attention and are a
> homer

That is ######## and you know it. LSU was blowing teams out last year.

Good teams, too. Not just in the SEC. LSU beat Oregon and West Virginia last year. You guys were familiar with West Virginia last year. LSU beat them by 27. LSU blew out #3 Arkansas 41-17. Dominated #16 Georgia 42-10. Destroyed both Florida and Auburn by 30 and 35, respectively.

In fact, other than the games against Alabama, the closest game LSU played last year was 13 points.

Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State.

If you think Oklahoma State would have beaten LSU last year, you are the one who wasn't paying attention.


That's still only 9 teams.***


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 9:32 PM
 



military_donation.jpg

^^^ Doesn't always copy and paste from the internet on tnet

[1]
Posted: Jan 8, 2013 5:38 PM
 

Oh wait, yes he does.


OK??


Posted: Jan 8, 2013 9:33 PM
 

nm


Replies: 22  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: LOWER LEVEL NORTH STANDS SEC UP- ROW C - SEATS 26,28 & 30 (32 YD LINE). SEC UP- ROW E - SEATS 18,2...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1216 people have read this post