Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,040

SEC

May 31, 2012, 11:51 AM

It maybe a blessing in disquise that the Big 12 isn't expanding. In a world full of marketing, Clemson had better find an angle to market themselves to the SEC. Nothing is impossible and politics is in everything, as could be in Clemson's effort. The coots could be forced to support through state legislatures. I mean surely we have some supporters in the state government. Clemson is a big enough program to contribute something to the SEC. There just has to be an effort made. They are probably not going to come knocking, but if we expressed sincere interest, I don't know? Call me crazy or stupid I really don't care. If we are seeking what is best for Clemson then the SEC is the answer. If not then we may as well stay where we are at.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still would rather be in the sec than anywhere else!!***

May 31, 2012, 12:18 PM

I would love to go to SEC, but

May 31, 2012, 12:44 PM

What do we have to provide to SEC to increase the per school revenue?

I believe we bring at least as much to the table as SC and several other schools, but I don't see what we have that would increase the per school revenue, which is what I would imagine they would want. If we were in another state bringing more viewers, that may be possible, but SC is a small state with most viewers already watching CU and SC.

Re: SEC

May 31, 2012, 1:49 PM

Conference expansion is going to happen, and The Big XII is going to be part of it.

You're correct that the SEC is a natural fit for Clemson and vice/versa. What Clemson would add over the likes of South Carolina is a Winning Tradition, Championships, Football Pedigree, Name-Brand recognition, Bowl Wins, National Appeal, etc...is trumped by the almighty $$$ and expanding the SEC's television markets (see Mizzou invite...lol). We can't, therefore we may never get an invite. Its a shame, but that's how the game is currently being played.

Staying in the ACC is only an option if one of two things happen 1) The ACC adds some football schools and is able to negotiate a TV revenue's so they can compete with the SEC, BIG 10, etc...for revenue 2) Clemson University decides that they are OK with not being relevant in Football and is happy competing with Conf. USA teams as a 2cnd-tier football power, and taking a back-seat to South Carolina in football forever.

Doing nothing is not an option if Clemson wants to continue to be a football power. My bet is that Clemson will not voluntarily neuter itself.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,040
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic