Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Worse loss: Wake 03, or Duke 04?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Worse loss: Wake 03, or Duke 04?

Aug 15, 2012, 6:04 PM

Which was worse? Forget about the next week bounceback, which one stung the most for those of us at both games?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I got to say Wake 03, it was 45-0 when i left. At least the Duke game was not on TV***

Aug 15, 2012, 6:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Duke*********

Aug 15, 2012, 6:06 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't at the Wake game, but was at Duke.

Aug 15, 2012, 6:09 PM

The Duke game stung a bit worse for me. Primarily because we flat out just sucked that day. It wasn't like we were just making mistakes and a team got hot against us (as the Wake game seemed), it was just flat out 100% incompetence. From the coaches down to the players. One of the worst games I've ever seen us play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

West Virginia 2012

Aug 15, 2012, 6:13 PM

That was the worst

Got Dat Right Orig!***

Aug 15, 2012, 6:59 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Wake since I was there

Aug 15, 2012, 6:14 PM

I remember one play where there D just took the ball out of Charlie's hands while he was in the pocket. On top of that, fuel pump on the Yukon broke and I sat around all Sunday trying to get it fixed. Terrible.

They did have Chick-fil-a in the stadium though!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

i was at the duke game also

Aug 15, 2012, 6:22 PM

Ate some #### good food that day...but god the game ####### sucked....very very pissed that day....and had got hell gave to me by a couple of duke fans afterward.

Re: i was at the duke game also

Aug 16, 2012, 8:27 AM

You had a Duke football fan sighting? That's like catching a squatch.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

For me it was Duke'04 because we............

Aug 15, 2012, 6:22 PM

we were riding high after beating UM down there.

After Wake '03 I felt confident we would be beat FSU the next week. Of course all my friends said I was drunk lol.

Oh can I throw in the loss at Duke '89. After beating FSU in Tally. 4-0 and ranked #7. Now that loss really sucked!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at both. I'd pick Wake '03.

Aug 15, 2012, 6:24 PM

I will never, and I mean never, forget at the end of the third quarter, hearing their announcer say "That's the end of the third quarter with the score: WAKE FOREST 45, Clemson 0!!"

That is indelibly etched in my memory.

Threads like these make me so glad Bowden's gone***

Aug 15, 2012, 6:24 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Threads like these make me so glad Bowden's gone***

Aug 16, 2012, 9:29 AM

yeah but we haven't exactly gotten past that tendency.

NCSU- 2011
Maryland- 2009

We still average 1 ### game per year.

I know that many college football teams lose to inferior teams each year (Florida State, Oklahoma come to mind), but whether it's justified completely or not, we have the reputation of "Pulling a Clemson."

We really need at least 2 solid years of no ### games to erase that perception.

Duke by far.

Aug 15, 2012, 6:42 PM

Wake can at least put decent teams together. Duke just plain sucks year-in year-out.

What made it so much worse, besides my dad and I wasting 6 hrs to make the drive, was that we had just beaten Miami in the OB the week before. We shoulda pounded Duke by 20 or more.

So, Wake 03 was terrible, but Duke was much worse.

SC's worst loss

Aug 15, 2012, 6:51 PM

What is Sc's worst loss? Um...... this may take a while!!! Furman, Citadel, Pacific, Vandy (either time), U(stinking)conn, any team in the 0 -11 season, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,......?

Re: Worse loss: Wake 03, or Duke 04?

Aug 15, 2012, 7:06 PM

I was also at the Duke game, and it sucked. Our coaches needed to have their salaries taken away for a month for that ignorant mess. The Wake game - just freaking awful, but thankfully I was not there. And the WVU loss - demoralizing. I hope that game is a watermark that will never be touched again.

I think the WVU game was the worst. National embarrassment, plus our guys were begging for mercy. It doesn't get any worse than that game.

I guess we realize that we allowed more points in that single game, than THE ENTIRE SEC SCORED AGAINST ALABAMA!!

Tough, Duke didn't win another ACC game

Aug 15, 2012, 7:06 PM

For like 4 years

Best Is The Standard

Way to accentuate the positive.

Aug 15, 2012, 7:17 PM

Post like this just make my day.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At Both, Wake By Far Was Worse

Aug 15, 2012, 7:25 PM

At both. Wake was the worse. Will never forget us being way down in the 3rd quarter. We drove inside the Wake 40, stalled, and Bowden punts rather than going for it on 4th down. He just threw in the towel in the middle of the 3rd quarter. I've seen a lot of Clemson loses but never have I seen a Clemson coach just give up like that. If I had been the AD, Bowden would never have made it back to the dressing room after the game. I'd have fired him right there on the field. And no, the win over FSU the next week didn't take the sting out of being humiliated at Wake the previous week.

At Duke in '04 as well. Still pissed that Bowden never apologized to or even acknowledged all the Clemson fans who showed up at his request only to watch him lay yet another egg.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like another poster said about Bowden

Aug 15, 2012, 7:30 PM

I seem to be happier and happier everyday that he is no longer our coach.

As a veteran of both ....

Aug 15, 2012, 8:27 PM

...I'd say Wake was more painful, and Duke was far more frustrating.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I broke my radio when we lost to Dook.***

Aug 15, 2012, 8:56 PM

Duke

Aug 15, 2012, 9:02 PM

When's the last time they went to a bowl game. Or even were halfway to getting a bowl invite?

Re: Duke

Aug 16, 2012, 7:39 AM

They are 3-5 in EIGHT bowls.

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/acc/duke/bowl_history.php

Great site btw if you have never heard of it.

null

Re: Duke 1989***

Aug 15, 2012, 9:26 PM

Spurrier & Cuthbert out toughed Danny Ford that day.

Aug 15, 2012, 10:40 PM

Fortunately out toughing Danny Ford's Tigers was a very rare occurrence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spurrier & Cuthbert out toughed Danny Ford that day.

Aug 16, 2012, 7:35 AM

Nah they didn't out tough us. We had to picks and fumble the right back giving Duke 1st downs 20 yrd down the field. we just had awful luck that day

speak English much?***

Aug 16, 2012, 9:41 AM

Re: Worse loss: Wake 03, or Duke 04?

Aug 16, 2012, 7:37 AM

For me Duke in 04 because I was there :(

Witnessed their ###### students coming IN the game at the end to celebrate. They werent even at the piece of trash high school stadium for the majority of the game.

null

Saw them both..

Aug 16, 2012, 8:18 AM

Wake was the worst. An older female Wake fan in the stands actually told me "your team isnt very good and I dont think they are going to get any points today".

I had to sit next to her the prior 2 hours and she didnt know a touchdown from a Buick. But she was half right. We werent. At least we got "points". I remember soon as we scored, I told my son, let's go, THIS IS AS BAD AS IT GETS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: THIS IS AS BAD AS IT GETS

Aug 16, 2012, 9:32 AM

And then the Orange Bowl happened...;)

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic