Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finally.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 305

Finally.

Nov 20, 2020, 2:27 PM

Been suggesting this for a few months now. Just take yesterday as the latest example. DHEC says there are 1410 new cases and 82 probable cases. Johns Hopkins says there were 1713 new cases. Same day. Then, after a few days, you look at what's on DHEC's chart, then compare it to their own press release, and there's a huge difference. There are consistently undercounts every single day. Sometimes 100 or so. Sometimes 400 or more. Take Nov 17. DHEC release says 1088 new cases/58 probable. Their own chart today shows for November 17th there were 1441 cases.

https://scdhec.gov/news-releases/south-carolina-daily-covid-19-update-november-20-2020

COLUMBIA, S.C. — As part of DHEC's continuous improvement efforts to enhance the quality of information DHEC provides, daily COVID-19 data will be provided with a 24-hour delay beginning November 27, 2020. This delay will allow for more robust analysis of data before it’s publicly reported. DHEC's epidemiologists and data analysts will have greater time to review the vast amounts of data and information reported to the agency each day and will have additional time for data validation, verification of death reports, and improvements in processing large data files submitted from reporting partners. This also will allow DHEC’s data and medical experts more time to identify and investigate any data inconsistencies or abnormalities.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finally.

Nov 20, 2020, 2:33 PM

That's easy, just add 1088 + 58 = 1441.

See.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once again

Nov 20, 2020, 2:34 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you follow their daily press release, you are getting

Nov 20, 2020, 2:45 PM

statistically significant undercounts. They shouldn't even bother doing it without a delay as it is misleading. You can see the raw data from Johns Hopkins instantly anyway, as it comes in. And while that is not accurate daily either, their 7 day trends are. Pick a day, any day 4+ days ago, read the DHEC press release, then see what DHEC charted after collecting all data. People picked up on this and complained, other than me. And DHEC is addressing the problem. I'm not even sure 24 hours gives them enough time, but it will at least be much closer to accurate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you follow their daily press release, you are getting

Nov 20, 2020, 2:53 PM

SC'd data does look somewhat better

Nov 20, 2020, 2:34 PM

than a lot of other states, in terms of hospitalizations and deaths. But it looks like they're starting to pick up. I hope we can weather this without major impacts, but I still suspect that SC, along with most every place, will have to re-instate restrictions sometime in the next several weeks.

Replies: 5
| visibility 305
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic