Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SCISA schools
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 731

SCISA schools

Jun 9, 2020, 9:15 AM

If people want to attack schools on the basis of racism, maybe they should go after the SCISA schools, which were established in the mid 60s in direct response to desegregation. Most (if not all) were originally named after military figures or politicians; many have been renamed, but their roots remain the same.

Clemson University has nothing to do with slavery; it was established nearly 25 years after slavery became illegal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SCISA schools

Jun 9, 2020, 9:23 AM

It's hard to know what point you're trying to make. Defend Clemson or throw SCISA schools under the bus? Seems like you could do the former without doing the latter.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2020, 9:27 AM

The "private" school in my hometown was thrown together from the ground up in six months when I was entering 10th grade, pretty much so that four rich kids could be spared the "horrors" of integration. The joke was on those parents though, as one of those kids hated it so much he came back to our public school, and graduated with the rest of us country peons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2020, 9:50 AM

Or maybe we could just leave off with race-baiting and needless attacks altogether.

BTW, my SCISA alma mater was named after an officer in the Revolutionary War who later served as the Lt. Gov. of SC and then 11 years in the US House of Representatives.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 731
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic