Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SCAR single-handedly costs us #1 CFB State (link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,729

SCAR single-handedly costs us #1 CFB State (link)

Jun 1, 2017, 1:38 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2712570-ranking-every-state-by-their-college-football-teams

2. SOUTH CAROLINA

FBS Programs: 3 (Clemson, South Carolina, Coastal Carolina*)

2016 Record: 20-8

Bowl Percentage Last 4 Years: 87.5

As with Alabama, figuring out where to put South Carolina was tricky, due to the addition of a new FBS program. But there's a big difference between UAB and Coastal Carolina. The former wasn't ever particularly good, appearing in just one bowl game in 19 seasons before having its football program temporarily disbanded. The latter went 43-10 in FCS play over the past four years and might immediately compete in the Sun Belt Conference.

For now, we'll give the Chanticleers the benefit of the doubt and simply judge South Carolina based on the two FBS programs we've seen in action over the past several years.

It should come as no surprise that Clemson had the second highest score among all schools, finishing slightly behind Alabama. The Tigers have averaged 12.3 wins per year since 2013, including 14 victories in each of the past two seasons. That's almost as good as it gets, and it should continue for the foreseeable future, as Clemson is one of the top candidates to reach this year's College Football Playoff.

But in-state rival, South Carolina, did Clemson no favors in these rankings, keeping the Palmetto State out of the top spot by the slimmest of margins.

The good news is the Gamecocks have been to bowl games in three of the past four seasons. The bad news is the best of those seasons came back in 2013, as they have put together a record six games below .500 over the last three years. And until they can at least finish .500 in SEC play again, we're unable to proclaim South Carolina as the best state for college football.

Rather, that title belongs to...

1. OKLAHOMA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

i mean, come on guys. How are you that terrible?

Jun 1, 2017, 1:48 PM

christ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Now there's some nice to know

Jun 1, 2017, 1:49 PM

but useless information

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Well...

Jun 1, 2017, 2:07 PM

I like Useless Info since that's ALL that Coots have to offer these days in Men's Football.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not too surprisig that USC has us stuck as number two....

Jun 1, 2017, 3:17 PM

They have been playing like number two for a long time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish they were bad enough to sink SC even lower***

Jun 1, 2017, 3:29 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,729
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic