Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SC insider on Belk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

SC insider on Belk

May 17, 2018, 9:48 AM

Had a coworker go to an event last night to hear Muschump speak.

Muschump was asked about Belk, and he could not answer.

But talking socially with some others in the program, it basically came down to Belk not seeing the field as early as he wanted. Depth chart and what it took for playing time was an issue.

Belk was told he would have a shot at playing time in the recruiting process, then our DTs came back instead of going pro.

Belk obviously sees the depth chart and an easier opportunity to play at SC.

So be it... Just beat them down come November.

Makes you appreciate guys like Albert Huggins a little more, sticking it out to see the field when he finally gets his shot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SC insider on Belk

May 17, 2018, 9:52 AM

Huggy is going to be a monster this season

He has to sit a year now ... he's in the same boat

May 17, 2018, 9:54 AM

Our D-Line depth chart opens like the Red Sea come January.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

like most of you, I know nothing

May 17, 2018, 10:10 AM

Of this situation but I suspect that Belk is not a player we would develop a program around. I’m sure he is a quality player and a great young man or he wouldn’t be here to begin with but I promise you, Clemson football will continue to rise! Let it go. Once he gets to his next destination he will “see the light”. He will not get the chance to come back

Agreed***

May 17, 2018, 10:38 AM [ in reply to He has to sit a year now ... he's in the same boat ]

May 17, 2018, 9:56 AM

This doesn't make sense though or he didn't think it through...It's very unlikely he will get a 'hardship' waiver because the NCAA will investigate it. He's going to either get limited snaps this year at CU or sit out a year and play somewhere else. He would possibly be a starter in 2019

May 17, 2018, 9:59 AM

Dabo would not give him an unconditional release based on playing time as a freshman.

May 17, 2018, 10:09 AM

Unless like Caddie said in a different thread they basically strong armed him into it.

May 17, 2018, 10:01 AM

Still don't see that being the full issue. He would start next year with Pinckney, he could've played limited snaps with us this year and get some experience or sit out completely with them. Either way, it is what it is.....we don't want anyone that doesn't want to be here. The guys that do will light it up instead. XT and KJ will hold it down, we may have to move someone inside with the depth at DE. Mascoll is a guy people forget about it.

May 17, 2018, 10:02 AM

Thank god it was Belk second guessing his decision and not XT.

May 17, 2018, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: SC insider on Belk ]

Mascoll can't move inside. The only one with the frame to do it would be XT, which isn't happening and maybe Yeargin.

May 17, 2018, 10:12 AM

That's what I was referring too, Mascoll can be a stud at DE too....allowing XT or one of the others to move inside if need be. XT would have to put on at least 20 lbs i'd imagine.....most DT's are no less than 280-285.

May 17, 2018, 10:16 AM

We're not going to have the highest rated strong-side end coming out of high school since Clowney move inside full time. I think there's a chance he could do it some on rabbit packages, but I kind of thought we might see some of that in the coming years anyways.

I am not buying it. He would be starting within a year.

May 17, 2018, 10:03 AM

That's not a tough depth chart.

This reeks of fake news.***

May 17, 2018, 10:04 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just passing along what I heard***

May 17, 2018, 10:41 AM

Nope, can't that simple. . Has to be more scandalous

May 17, 2018, 10:12 AM

We won't accept anything less.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

May 17, 2018, 10:13 AM

Belk was told he would have a shot at playing time in the recruiting process, then our DTs came back instead of going pro.

How does that make sense when if he transfers to any D-1 school he'll have to sit for a year anyway?

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Where’s a good ol derp SIGHHHHHHHHHH when you need it ?***

May 17, 2018, 10:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Where’s a good ol derp SIGHHHHHHHHHH when you need it ?***

May 17, 2018, 12:11 PM

Needs more gooberness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Only 1 DT came back

May 17, 2018, 10:22 AM

Wilkins. The rest were DEs and didn't impact his playing time this year.

When i heard news, the 1st thing i did

May 17, 2018, 10:27 AM

was thank albert huggins, personally.

Negative. Our DT depth chart is extremely thin.

May 17, 2018, 10:30 AM

He would either be at least on a 3 man rotation next year unless he happened to be terrible, which I don't think he is.

May 17, 2018, 10:44 AM

The reason why the lack of playing time makes no sense is because Dabo gave him an unconditional release. Why would Dabo allow Belk to transfer anywhere because he wanted immediate playing time? That wouldn’t make any sense

Proves kid is gutless anyhow

May 17, 2018, 10:45 AM

If he had to lie to get out

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2018, 12:22 PM

Okay so explain why Dabo gave him an unconditional release then. Never has a player been allowed to transfer to SC. I understand him wanting to leave but if that's the case then Dabo should have dropped the hammer and not allowed him to go to anyone we play.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic