Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hmmm, interesting comment from Sammy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 5,205

Hmmm, interesting comment from Sammy

Jan 30, 2020, 6:48 PM

"If it suits me and my family and [meets] my needs, for sure," Watkins said Thursday when asked about possibly renegotiating his contract as the Chiefs prepared for Super Bowl LIV against the San Francisco 49ers. "But I'm really in a different space right now. I don't know what I'm going to do. If we win it, I might chill out. I might sit out a year. You just never know.

"Not retiring, but I might just want to rest up and chill. I don't know. I don't want to say I'm going to do something, but you never know. I might want to go somewhere else and create another Super Bowl team. So it's just all about how I'm feeling. I've got to sit down with my family, my parents and grandparents and everybody and just see what I want to do.''

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sammy wants that smoke***

Jan 30, 2020, 6:57 PM

he Is so oft injured that I can see why he might want to chill out for a year***

Jan 30, 2020, 6:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'll be the highest paid WR next season

Jan 30, 2020, 8:26 PM

He'll be in the 3rd year of his 3 year deal with the Chiefs and be paid $21M. He's missed 8 games the past 2 seasons. You can't pay top dollar to a guy that's missed that many games. And the Chiefs want to make Mahomes the highest paid QB. So something's gotta give. No doubt Sammy has already been told by his agent that the Chiefs will probably want to restructure his deal. He's been dynamite in the playoffs, but his availability the past 2 years hurts any leverage his playoff magic earned him.

My guess: Sammy won't be back with the Chiefs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He'll be the highest paid WR next season

Jan 31, 2020, 1:09 PM

His salary next year is $13M, not $21. You are probably including his prorated signing bonus...he gets that no matter what.

Re: Hmmm, interesting comment from Sammy

Jan 30, 2020, 8:31 PM

These guys put their bodies through hell, which we've found out is leading to mental health issues. Sammy has done nothing but good, no trouble, a good team mate and has done what has been asked of him. He's pondering his future...if his money is right...why not!! Hes barely 30 but I bet his body feels 50...let him rest without judging

He's not barely 30 at all. Lol

Jan 31, 2020, 8:04 AM

He's only 26 years old. If that's barely 30, then Joe is barely 200 years old.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Jan 30, 2020, 9:00 PM

Gotta take care of your chicken, your mentals and your bodies - Beastmode

Jan 30, 2020, 9:34 PM

Sammy better not go on a cruise during his time off. He might fall off the edge of the earth.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

SAMMY U the man - one of the best Tigers ever God Bless***

Jan 31, 2020, 10:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 5,205
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic