Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 322

Jun 15, 2019, 2:47 PM

Ran 2 miles @ 7 mph today. Felt good, pulse was in the 130's and I felt like I could have gone another mile. Registered for my first 5k in November, but I may be ready sooner.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2.0

Jun 15, 2019, 7:51 PM

Nice work!!!

Don’t increase mileage too fast or you are sure to get shin splits. About 10% a week is good. You will be tempted, but instead of the extra mileage running, add in some walking or cross training like simpel weights or sit-ups/pushups.

It’s best to slow increase and run the same or close to mileage for 2-3 weeks. Then start increasing by 20-30% and run that distance for 2-3 weeks.

There are 1000 ways to do it, but increasing too quickly will have you hobbling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Running is coming after a lot of cardio and strength.

Jun 16, 2019, 12:11 PM

I've put in the time, averaging 120 minutes a day. Have overcome hurdles in so many other areas. I'm walking 2 miles outside with hills at 4.7 mph average. Rowing and spending time on the elliptical, etc. Feel like I should be having more success adding in running. Have had some breakthroughs this past week but it's still a crap shoot. Sometimes it goes better than others. Often I have to shut down the running at a quarter mile. I got two half miles in this morning. But my success is limited to a treadmill where I can control the pace. Outside it's difficult to get in a quarter mile. I understand that pace is a big part of my issues, i tend to want to speed up. Been working with music to try to control my pace. I also feel like my running motion needs to be fine tuned, I don't feel like I've got a smooth motion. But it's all incremental progress and I can't push my body as much to gain progress because I can't exert, so I've got to shut down or pull back when my pulse gets into the 140's. And after 30+ years of smoking, maybe running just isn't a reasonable goal. My pulse does recovery well, so that is good news. I've just got to stick with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Running is coming after a lot of cardio and strength.

Jun 16, 2019, 4:46 PM

Great great great!! All is awesome man. Keep us up to date!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

clap clap clap. APM approves. #cleanliving***

Jun 16, 2019, 9:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 322
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic