Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Run Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,150

Run Game

Sep 10, 2017, 12:00 PM

Outside of Kelly, we didn't even try to establish our running backs in this game. Choice was the leader in the RB room with 7 carries. Did we just say early on, hell with even trying to run against them or what? Everyone knows the run opens up the pass too

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought playcalling was too vanilla at first

Sep 10, 2017, 12:08 PM

but then realized we were leaning on the d to keep us in it and going conservative offensively until something gave. KB was in his first "real" game against a quality opponent. At the end of the day I look back and see that Elliott and Scott did exactly what they planned to do. If we can score 21 points in each of the remaining games this year it will be tough for anyone to beat us with the defense we are fielding.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. I was frustrated at first

Sep 10, 2017, 12:25 PM

Until we had two stupid turnovers and it became apparent that Auburn couldn't get anything going.

It was a different kind of Gamble to play so conservatively, but the probability for losing the game due to an INT or fumble also went way down. We were banking on Auburn being unable to move the ball, and we were correct in doing so.

Expect a very different game plan against Lou.

Re: I thought playcalling was too vanilla at first

Sep 10, 2017, 12:28 PM [ in reply to I thought playcalling was too vanilla at first ]

we need creativity moving forward 14 points will not win the Louisville game.The longer the o has the ball the more rest the defense will get.We need to keep Retro and Cain on the field what's up with Feaster he's a our home run threat.

Re: I thought playcalling was too vanilla at first

Sep 10, 2017, 9:40 PM [ in reply to I thought playcalling was too vanilla at first ]

You're right. It was conservative but in a different way. Like I mentioned, we really didn't give our backs much of a look. So in this case our conservative play was short passing which is nothing new. I'm fine with going at renfrow, he is a sure 5+ yards as long as his route is that long and the ball is where he has a chance to catch it

Re: Run Game

Sep 10, 2017, 1:24 PM

Everyone is going to have difficulty running against aw-burn. Not as good as Clemson, but still a great D. I think we will be fine moving forward.

Re: Run Game

Sep 10, 2017, 1:29 PM

SEC refs played a big role in killing momentum , should have been a 24-3 type win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,150
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic