Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rumor is Kamara always wanted to go to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Rumor is Kamara always wanted to go to Clemson

Jan 18, 2014, 10:23 AM

but we filled up at the RB spot with Dye's commitment last year. I hear that's the only reason we turned him down. With Fuller and Olgesby both being questionable to play next year do to grades, Kamara is definitely a take if the red flags aren't too red.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rumor is Kamara always wanted to go to Clemson

Jan 18, 2014, 10:29 AM

yeah well he had as long as anyone else to commit. if he missed the boat it is on him. and as far as I'm concerned the ship has sailed for him at Clemson. we have plenty of backs and should be focused on replacing two unexpected OL departures.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2014, 10:30 AM

What two OL departures would that be?

timothy & desteph?***

Jan 18, 2014, 10:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: timothy & desteph? yes

Jan 18, 2014, 10:32 AM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2014, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Rumor is Kamara always wanted to go to Clemson ]

desteffano and Webster

Re: Timothy not Webster sorry

Jan 18, 2014, 10:31 AM

nm

webster will happy to hear the good news...

Jan 18, 2014, 10:35 AM

photo webster-1_zps305f935b.jpg

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why so harsh on Kamara.. remember Trevor Pryce? He only

Jan 18, 2014, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Rumor is Kamara always wanted to go to Clemson ]

played here a year but wow what a year he had! He obviously transferred from Michigan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Price was suspended the first two games too

Jan 18, 2014, 11:08 AM

i think. i'm old CRS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2014, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Rumor is Kamara always wanted to go to Clemson ]

Absolutely one or two big uglies!

Jan 18, 2014, 10:29 AM

he may very well have wanted to go to Clemson

Anyone find it funny that anytime Clemson misses on a recruit it is because the coaches stopped recruiting him the position filled up (most of the time with lower rated player) or some other reason came up

I just like open in your face facts

Sometimes it is ok to just miss because some other coach built a better relationship, the school offered a certain major, the HC talked to Momma and got her blessing, the opportunity to play on day 1, and any number of non negative reasons

It seems so many on here are quick to make excuses when there is a miss on a recruit. It happens everyday

Look at the Oline there are plenty of misses there, maybe a scattered 4 star but mostly 3s and that is not what should be here with the hot shot offense run and the points scored weekly

Sometimes a player just picks someone else, seems a bit juvenile to always make an excuse for a 17 18 yr old you have never met

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2014, 10:37 AM

We didn't have a Chick-Fil-A. If we're every going to recruit any topnotch players we've got to start construction on a Chick-Fil-A.

Jan 18, 2014, 10:40 AM

I remember the Chick fil a issue that one was strange.

There is a tigertown tavern

Jan 18, 2014, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Rumor is Kamara always wanted to go to Clemson ]

We have a Chick-Fil-A in the Canteen in the Student Union...

Jan 18, 2014, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Rumor is Kamara always wanted to go to Clemson ]

Its also pretty juvenile to always assume the worst in absence of facts.

When you don't know you don't know.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Jan 18, 2014, 10:46 AM

I think a logical person would deduce that of the recruits who didn;t choose Clemson over the last 5-7 years, say 50% just thought the other school was better for them, the other coach had more credibility, the playing time was available right away, etc

While the other 50% could have been told there was no room. I that is a fair number, however, we never see that discussed. Some look juvenile when they are on the 100% bandwagon that is they chose another school then the coaches backed off, positions were full, they couldn;t get into Clemson etc

it's discussed a lot & many wish the recruit well...

Jan 18, 2014, 10:47 AM

you seem to be sensitive to those that don't.

Re: it's discussed a lot & many wish the recruit well...

Jan 18, 2014, 10:51 AM

fair enough maybe I missed those

lots of toddlers on here that are more vocal that maybe I caught and overlooked the reasonable ones

i think that's fair, what's unfortunate is the times that

Jan 18, 2014, 10:55 AM

the coaches do say good bye for good reasons are lost in the wash.

shrug. nothing's going to change it. folks will always get their feelings hurt, take it personally then respond "in kind".

Tell 'em coot

Jan 18, 2014, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Rumor is Kamara always wanted to go to Clemson ]

a coot would know about this SMH

No this is legit. We told three backs that it would be shut down

After the next commit. The 3 were derrick Greene, kamara and dye.

Lot of people were very passed off that we shut it down so early and stopped recruiting the no. 1 back in the country who we were very in the thick of things with. Greene and Kamara wanted to wait til NSD or All-star games and we just couldn't afford to slow play guys while waiting for the bests sigs on nsd and whiff down the stretch ala marshall/Gurley/davis

Most recruiting gurus say they would not touch him. Too many

red flags. I don't know what those flags are, but apparently he has some issues.

Re: Most recruiting gurus say they would not touch him. Too many

Jan 18, 2014, 10:43 AM

They were uga red flags, he would fly them all the time when he was driving around town.

***guys were pissed on TI....***

Jan 18, 2014, 10:41 AM

imagine that***

Jan 18, 2014, 10:54 AM

dude, there were many people b!tching everyday on TI

Jan 18, 2014, 11:04 AM

About our staff's decision to not even take greene as an oversight guy if he decided to come. They were freaking out every single day about if for like 2 months

Re: dude, there were many people b!tching everyday on TI

Jan 18, 2014, 11:08 AM

Yes not taking greene going after green was a mistake. They were putting to much stock into Dye for last season. Wayne was always gonna be a redshirt. After Dye went out all we had was Hot Rod(who is a nice change of pace back but not a starter or a short yard back this team needed.) Greene would have taken this offense to another level.

Re: dude, there were many people b!tching everyday on TI

Jan 18, 2014, 11:26 AM

I agree that Hot Rod wasn't the short yardage back that we needed, but to say he wasn't a starter is just ridiculous. He may not have been as good as some of our previous backs, but he was a 1000 yard rusher. That's better than a lot of other "starters".

Re: Re: dude, there were many people b!tching everyday on TI

Jan 18, 2014, 12:25 PM

How many acc teams would hot rod have started for. Not many. I like hot rod and thank him for his service too clemson, but he won't get drafted and prob wouldnt start for many acc teams. Rb was the weak spot on the 2013 team offense.

Who cares if he won't get drafted, he helped this team...

Jan 18, 2014, 1:50 PM

win a lot of games this year and he rushed for over 1000 yards. The NFL is completely separate from how we do in college football.

Re: Re: dude, there were many people b!tching everyday on TI

Jan 18, 2014, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: dude, there were many people b!tching everyday on TI ]

He could have started and certainly would have been in competition to start for all ACC teams except BC and Miami. Do you not realize that he finished 3rd in the conference in rushing this year?

***oversign worthy***

Jan 18, 2014, 11:05 AM

Fuller's projected to play DB...not sure if Oglesby will

Jan 18, 2014, 11:09 AM

make the grades according to some on here, but I've heard nothing official on this.

"We turned him down"???? Hahaha

Jan 18, 2014, 1:12 PM

Some of you people don't quit. He recommitted. Not everyone wants to come to Clemson, it's ok, we will take the ones that WANT to come here.

Jan 18, 2014, 1:20 PM

A guy on STS, who has a very good pulse on recruiting, says we're at the top of Kamara's list. Even if there are some red flags, I think it's worth taking a shot. If he doesn't work out, you cut him. The family-based culture of Clemson football and Clemson in general is something I think would be a huge positive for someone who may have had some troubles in the past.

Take one look at Kamara's recruiting tape and tell me that's not someone who would help us immediately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHw_cC4gZWg

Jan 18, 2014, 1:25 PM

Also, we had another guy who had off the field troubles in Mike Bellamy...his problems had zero affect on other guys on the team.

This is something we need to do.

And Mike Bellamy got kicked off the team….

Jan 18, 2014, 1:54 PM

not a good example of bringing in guys with red flags.

A guy on STS. That's laughable. Please don't post about...

Jan 18, 2014, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Rumor is Kamara always wanted to go to Clemson ]

those hacks again. They are completely clueless when it comes to Clemson football.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic