Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rumor has it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 6,302

Rumor has it

Apr 3, 2018, 9:14 AM

that Swofford just offered Villanova guaranteed 3rd place in the ACC if they join.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rumor has it

Apr 3, 2018, 9:17 AM

Not sure the point of this post. Try again please.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2018, 9:45 AM

Think he's sayin Swoffy wants basketball schools in the conference and he would be willing to set the fix to guarantee them 3rd behind UNC and Duke if they join the club.

Re: Rumor has it- Had someone posted what we gave ND

Apr 3, 2018, 9:43 AM

before it happened people would have laughed. While the post is A JOKE so was what Baker and Swofford gave ND. Reeked of desperation and still does.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, it would be a football team...

Apr 3, 2018, 10:38 AM

UNC and Duke could beat.

Apr 3, 2018, 10:46 AM

I really do not understand our conference "affiliation" system. This thing with ND just makes no sense to me. So, I suppose anything is possible.

However, I do not see how it helps either would they join. Villanova is not a very large school and while their basketball program is very strong, I believe their football program would see them less competitive than Wake Forest. Further, folks in that neck of the woods dont much care about college football anyhow. Basketball may be Swofford's favorite sport, but I am under the belief football is what pays the bills. I just dont see Villanova as a good fit for the ACC - but I said the same about Pitt and Syracuse, so what do i know.

All in all, I think we would be better off ...

Apr 4, 2018, 8:40 PM

Inviting THE James Madison University ...

Or maybe UConn ...

Or perhaps Navy ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All in all, I think we would be better off ...

Apr 4, 2018, 11:13 PM

Navy would be a good replacement for one of the misfits. We could road trip to see games played In The Annapolis. :)

The James Madison University would need to move up

Apr 5, 2018, 8:51 PM [ in reply to All in all, I think we would be better off ... ]

from fcs first

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, The ACC will get Navy to join the ACC

Apr 6, 2018, 11:47 AM [ in reply to All in all, I think we would be better off ... ]

From a business AND Sports perspective, it makes sense

Navy joining the ACC will bring in the DC/Baltimore market, a void left when Maryland bolted to the B10, mucho dinero there !

Navy has a VERY respectable Football program, certainly at least in the same class as WF and DOOK, probably better !

The whole academic prestige thing

Annapolis is a really nice town

We can see cool jets fly over Death Valley maybe

Them joining the ACC will improve their Basketball program ... they have a history of producing some good ball players who made it to the Pro's ie David Robinson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 6,302
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic