Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GOP pulls out of NBC debate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 454

GOP pulls out of NBC debate

Oct 30, 2015, 1:41 PM

Good for them. It would've been a hatchet job even worse than CNBC.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/258673-rnc-pulls-out-of-nbc-debate

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Wah... we don't like tough questions..."

Oct 30, 2015, 1:58 PM

So we're taking our ball and going home."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Yeah, the question on fantasy football was a really toughy..

Oct 30, 2015, 2:08 PM

and the BS question on Rubio's tax plan by the guy who wrote an article on it...had to issue a correction...then denied he issued a correction on it....wasn't really tough so much as BS.

With all of that said...there is never going to be a good debate with that many people on-stange, regardless of moderates. Even if the questions were good, there is no time for substance, which forces the lower-ranked candidates to interrupt for time, etc...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rubio's tax plan

Oct 30, 2015, 2:27 PM

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/10/factchecking-the-cnbc-debates/

Rubio said CNBC’s John Harwood was “wrong” that the Tax Foundation analysis of his tax plan found “you give nearly twice as much of a gain in after-tax income to the top 1 percent as to people in the middle of the income scale.” But that is what the Tax Foundation found.

Rubio responded that the largest percentage gains would be for those with the lowest incomes, which is also true, according to the Tax Foundation’s analysis. But that doesn’t make Harwood’s statement wrong.

The Tax Foundation concluded that Rubio’s plan, when scored “dynamically” to account for expected economic growth, would result in an after-tax income increase of nearly 28 percent for those in the top 1 percent, while those in the middle income deciles — 40 percent to 50 percent and 50 percent to 60 percent — would see their after-tax income rise by 15.7 percent and 15.3 percent, respectively. People with incomes in the lowest 10 percent would see the greatest percentage gains, nearly 56 percent.

In other words, the greatest percentage income gains would be realized by those with low or high incomes, with smaller percentage gains for those in the middle.

Re: Rubio's tax plan

Nov 1, 2015, 12:17 PM

hmm, seems most of us on this board. Regardless of which team, could look at this and immediaty determine that Rubio is not on our side.

Message was edited by: Tigerbalm1®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you lead off and call someone a comic book

Oct 30, 2015, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Yeah, the question on fantasy football was a really toughy.. ]

character, they should've just packed up and left right then.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you lead off and call someone a comic book

Oct 31, 2015, 10:03 AM

Liberal Trump hater here, and even I think that question was out of line. Funny, but out of line.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did you think of the Democratic debate's moderation?

Oct 30, 2015, 2:09 PM [ in reply to "Wah... we don't like tough questions..." ]

And whether or not you wanted the debate moderators to be adversarial, the most recent debate was a total mess because the moderators kept interrupting the candidates.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Wah... we don't like tough questions..."

Oct 30, 2015, 2:19 PM [ in reply to "Wah... we don't like tough questions..." ]

Looks like the D side doesn't want any questions whatsoever..what is it, 3 debates total for the D's?

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're a comic book character... nice job

Oct 30, 2015, 2:37 PM [ in reply to "Wah... we don't like tough questions..." ]

there's a difference b/w hard questions and inflammatory questions.

Yeah i have to disagree with you on this one

Oct 30, 2015, 2:44 PM [ in reply to "Wah... we don't like tough questions..." ]

I may not agree with most of the republican policies nor do I care for any of the candidates but as Dabo would say the questions were bush league.

I want to hear thoughtful questions on policy, not setup questions meant to provoke the candidates into attacking each other.

it wasn't even that

Oct 30, 2015, 2:48 PM

it was questions like "So why do you kill puppies. I have it in writing you kill puppies and like it."

It was set up to give the audience right away a negative view of the candidate and then be on the defensive.

Hardly any, How would, What would you do type of questions like Hillary got.

I agree the questions were crap.

Oct 31, 2015, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Yeah i have to disagree with you on this one ]

But they need to grow up and get over it. Oh, you're not going to attend debates anymore because the questions aren't what you wanted? Wah.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: I agree the questions were crap.

Oct 31, 2015, 10:34 AM

Well if it's hurting them in the polls, it's probably a good move. I think the idea here is that they will try to find a host that asks better questions.

It's not like they're going to stop having debates....

Oct 31, 2015, 1:09 PM [ in reply to I agree the questions were crap. ]

just sending NBC a message that their effort sucked (which it really did).

They have 8 more debates schedule including all major networks.

i guess you missed the dnc doing that

Oct 31, 2015, 9:56 AM [ in reply to I agree the questions were crap. ]

In 2008 for their primaries. They banned fox news

and i just looked at the dnc debate sched

Oct 31, 2015, 1:36 PM

Imagine that, no Fox news.

Re: and i just looked at the dnc debate sched

Nov 1, 2015, 11:40 AM

It's a smart move, it would be just as bad.

Re: and i just looked at the dnc debate sched

Nov 1, 2015, 12:26 PM [ in reply to and i just looked at the dnc debate sched ]

Comparing Fox News and nbc is a little ridiculous. Both are mouth pieces for their corporate interests, but fox has repeatedly proven that it will never take any accountabity for getting something wrong, and is as inflammatory news source that has ever existed in modern politics.

Also, if the republican field were not such a joke, they would not be treated as such.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People who are interested in policy positions watch these

Nov 2, 2015, 11:03 AM [ in reply to I agree the questions were crap. ]

debates, to get a feel for the candidates, and just to see if they're likable people.

These moderators from CNBC were horrible, and no one would have looked good answering the questions from the premise of "it's a great economy." That is a howler.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Meanwhile GOP candidates plot debate revolt against RNC.

Oct 30, 2015, 2:34 PM

GOP candidates plot debate revolt against RNC
By Dylan Byers @CNNMoney

Several Republican presidential campaigns are planning to hold a meeting in Washington, D.C., this Sunday to discuss plans for wresting more control of the debates from the Republican National Committee, CNN has confirmed.

The meeting, first reported by Politico, comes in the wake of Wednesday's night's CNBC primary debate, which has been widely criticized by the candidates. The RNC has not been invited to the meeting, reflecting the campaigns' frustrations with the committee's handling of the debate process.

Sources with knowledge of the meeting said the plan came about after a discussion between representatives from the Ben Carson and Bobby Jindal campaigns, who then brought in aides to Donald Trump and Lindsay Graham.

As of Thursday night, representatives from the Mike Huckabee, Marco Rubio, Carly Fiorina and Rick Santorum campaigns are also expected to attend the meeting, which is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Sunday. The Jeb Bush and Rand Paul's campaigns are tentative, while a spokesperson for Chris Christie confirmed that their team was not part of the discussions.

The campaigns' goal: Come up with a way to gain more control over a debate process that they see as unruly and ill-fitted to the interests of the Republican candidates.

as well they should. The RNC is a joke right now

Oct 30, 2015, 2:39 PM

hence why non-traditional candidates are cleaning up.

Has very little to do with the RNC***

Oct 30, 2015, 5:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WOW,

Nov 2, 2015, 3:12 PM [ in reply to as well they should. The RNC is a joke right now ]

You don't like anything about your party do you, you post like you were a Rep. candidate.

Go all Tigers, pick your party and defend it.

Reminds me of that French dude from The Matrix

Oct 30, 2015, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Meanwhile GOP candidates plot debate revolt against RNC. ]

Action, reaction. Cause and effect.

Seriously, I would LOVE to see all the candidates sit down in a room and answer absolutely totally random questions from totally random internet people. It would be kind of like a town hall, but truly unscripted since town halls are always scripted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would probably be the dumbest thing ever

Oct 30, 2015, 5:07 PM

Have you ever seen the completely stupid questions that people come up with when stuff like that is done? Or the completely unanswerable questions people ask? The thing is, somebody has to curate the questions or you just end up with irrelevant questions more appropriate for celebrities or questions so specific or about issues so obscure that nobody can give a good answer.

Replies: 25
| visibility 454
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic