Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rubio should drop out and give Kasich a chance to beat Trump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Rubio should drop out and give Kasich a chance to beat Trump

Mar 8, 2016, 9:09 PM

Too bad the voters have their own opinion on who to vote for and various strateragies for beating Trump.

nobody paid me a nickel for this post, but I would accept any nickels offered.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish more people would have been smart enough...

Mar 8, 2016, 9:31 PM

to vote for Kasich.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand and respect the process, but it has been

Mar 8, 2016, 10:11 PM

fecked from the start. For anyone who did not want Hillary to be the next prez, the one and only goal, and therefore the singular focus should have been deciding early on and then rallying behind the candidate that had the best shot at beating her. Realize you will not get everything you want, and you may have to swallow a few bitter pills, but be smart and play to win, or at least play to minimize the pain. Of course, most people have not gone about it that way at all, and here we are.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Isn't that what has happened? Donald Trump is the one they

Mar 9, 2016, 8:10 AM

think can beat Hillary. The other candidates just weren't good enough to coalesce around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I don't think most are voting for Trump

Mar 9, 2016, 8:46 AM

because they think he can win. While they may think he can win, I think they are voting for him mainly because they want him to win. All early indicators were that he didn't have a prayer against Hillary. They want him to win because he's a Washington outsider, he pushes his enemies around instead of getting pushed around, and he's gonna build a wall and make America great again.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Trump voters realize they don't get everything they want

Mar 9, 2016, 9:21 AM

and they may have to swallow a few of his bitter pills (many are saying he is not a conservative with his single payer health care, isolationism, anti-free trade and pro tariff statements, past support of liberal issues/candidates, etc.). They don't seem to care about those differences.

A large part of it, regardless of what national polls say about his chances(even most experts say national polling is worthless at this point or any point prior to this one), is that they think he has the willingness to get nasty on Clinton and drag her through the mud and do whatever nastiness it takes to take her down.

Given those bitter pills, it seems that the Trump vote is the closest candidate to meeting your requirements.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think that's really accurate

Mar 9, 2016, 11:37 AM

People are voting for Trump almost solely because he's an outsider with no political record and a bully. Very few are voting for him because they like his policy. But people are treating all the other candidates as if everything about their records needs to be perfect. Trump is different because his popularity is solely based on his celebrity and the cult of personality, whereas the other guys are being harshly evaluated on their record. The rules are just different for Trump, or really any protest candidate. That's why people don't care about the "differences" they have with Trump on policy.

You're right that people want Trump to "drag [Hillary] through the mud." After all, his biggest appeal seems to be that he insults his opponents, and people would love to see Hillary be disrespected to her face.

But all of that doesn't matter when Trump is facing something like 70% of people with a negative opinion of him. A large percentage of the population say that would never vote for him, including a significant portion of Republican voters. Again, the rules are different for him: whereas other candidates might've had a couple of things about them that you didn't like, Trump is completely unacceptable as a Republican nominee to many.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, he's gonna drag Hillary through the mud alright.

Mar 9, 2016, 12:20 PM

Their first debate should be on Monday Night Raw.

- H. L. Mencken

One thing about a bully is it is human nature to want to see

Mar 9, 2016, 1:29 PM [ in reply to I don't think that's really accurate ]

someone take him down. People are watching and waiting and hoping that someone will do it and will stand and cheer when it happens.

Unfortunately for the Republicans, given their ideological similarities with the Donald on immigration, tax cuts for the wealthy and Romneycare, a Republican is ill equipped to do it.

Cruz and Rubio have been doing it for a couple weeks

Mar 9, 2016, 1:52 PM

Rubio, especially. Hasn't particularly helped him, although it had hurt The Donald.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rubio's attacks were childish at best and Cruz's were

Mar 9, 2016, 2:51 PM

dishonest. Republicans can't or won't hit him on the things they need to hit him on because they share a common ideology and they don't want to alienate his voters.

Democrats have none of those problems.

I would relish having

Mar 9, 2016, 10:46 AM [ in reply to I wish more people would have been smart enough... ]

Kasich as the Rep. opponent; if Bernie had a chance to win the Dem. nomination, I would prefer Kasich over him. Sec. Clinton remains my first choice.

Go all Tigers, support your preference to the bitter end.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cam ain't gonna like this.***

Mar 8, 2016, 9:50 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: cam ain't gonna like this.***

Mar 8, 2016, 10:00 PM

just hope he doesn't repeat his posts on here. Nobody posts the same thing over and over in teh JouNge.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't care much, it just seems like these are Kasich campaign talking points

Mar 8, 2016, 10:37 PM [ in reply to cam ain't gonna like this.*** ]

And they don't really make a lot of sense, either, because Kasich is so far behind in the popular vote. Kasich will not win the primary through voting. His only chance is to be a compromise candidate at the convention, but that would look more illegitimate than giving it to another candidate who'd gotten more of the vote.

Unfortunately, I think you are correct as far as Kasich's

Mar 8, 2016, 10:50 PM

chances, and I think it would be a huge mistake to deny the will of the people in this case.

- H. L. Mencken

His strategy seems to be to keep losing til everybody drops out***

Mar 8, 2016, 11:29 PM

Besides not being a loud mouth

Mar 8, 2016, 10:13 PM

What kasaich want to do that is so appealing? The same ole same ole? I've got nothing against the guy, he just seems like a GW part 2

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Besides not being a loud mouth

Mar 8, 2016, 10:23 PM

I don't think he's All That, I just think he's the best alternative. Which is not a high bar considering the competition. He's actually accomplished some conservative stuff, not just talked about it. And I think he's a straight shooter.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kasich+proposals&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#eob=m.02zzm_//short

When I look at Hillary, Bernie, Trump, Cruz, and Kasich,

Mar 8, 2016, 10:45 PM

I'd sleep a whole lot better with Kasich at the Helm over all of the others. There isn't one in the whole bunch that's as pure as the driven snow, but when all is considered (actual governing experience and record, the ability to get things done within the government matrix, vision for America, demeanor, temperament, and integrity), I truly think Kasich is the best candidate. Most importantly, I think he could appeal to many voters that republicans absolutely MUST have and therefore stands the best chance of beating Hillary as long as conservatives don't pout and stay home on election day.

- H. L. Mencken

the question I have about Kasich is

Mar 9, 2016, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Besides not being a loud mouth ]

being Gov of Ohio......

If Ohio is such a great place and all, why do 50% of Ohioans move their obnoxious selves somewhere else? Namely Charleston and Hilton Head? People are moving away from there in droves FOR A REASON. What is it?

It's like the Trail of Tears in reverse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't we keep this #### on the politics board.***

Mar 9, 2016, 9:04 AM

ROH

Keep this #### off of the soccer board okay?***

Mar 9, 2016, 11:19 AM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic