Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As much as I dislike Roy Williams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

As much as I dislike Roy Williams

Mar 11, 2014, 4:52 PM

he at least does halftime and post game interviews unlike the exalted one who has lackies for that or comes up with some malady to avoid media scrutiny.

He said some nice things a few weeks ago when we beat them but his general picking and choosing when to deign us with his presence annoys me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As much as I dislike Roy Williams

Mar 11, 2014, 5:05 PM

I didn't realize we beat NC.I know we beat Duke
and coach K said some nice things about our team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2014, 5:08 PM

I was referring to mIkey. post was unclear

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You siriusly think Coach K is a bigger

Mar 11, 2014, 5:10 PM

##### than Roy??

Remember Roy kicking the Presbyterian fan out of the Dean Dome?

Coach K is almost always very complimentary of our team, in particular when we win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: You siriusly think Coach K is a bigger

Mar 11, 2014, 6:02 PM

When coach Valvano was dying of cancer, Coach K, visited him regularly, sat by his beside and became a close friend.

I've since become a fan of coach k.

I also think his players have a good opportunity to come back to Duke and learn the craft of coaching from one of the best.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TU for Bob.***

Mar 11, 2014, 7:16 PM [ in reply to You siriusly think Coach K is a bigger ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2014, 5:12 PM

Roy Williams is the absolute worst. I will never forget when he had that poor PC fan kicked out for yelling, "Miss it Deon!" Roy Williams is an entitled POS!

Mar 11, 2014, 5:50 PM

di you miss the I dislike roy part. I just get annoyed with mikey's selctive appearances like hes some hollywood star or something

Roy Williams has vinegar and water for blood

Mar 11, 2014, 6:12 PM

Any coach who does this

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7469169/roy-williams-unc-tar-heels-says-apologized-players-left-court-florida-state-seminoles

Is a flipping joke.

Re: Roy Williams has vinegar and water for blood

Mar 11, 2014, 6:27 PM

He's done this, but he's known to throw his players "under the bus" after an upset loss. I have zero respect for him.

what do you find objectionable?

Mar 11, 2014, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Roy Williams has vinegar and water for blood ]

he spoke with the FSU coach who agreed he should take his players off the court.

a miscommunication resulted in the walk-ons being left out there in a dangerous situation and he apologigezed for the mistake

what do you find so wrong with a coach protecting his players?

you'd prefer he stay out there and cuss at the fans like K did at UVA?

if you think 2 national championships and a great win percentage is a joke, then the joke is on you

Coach K

Mar 11, 2014, 7:02 PM

Is the best in the game hands down. He's good coach on top of being a great person. Who cares if he don't talk at halftime.

Roy's not that bad of a guy.

Mar 11, 2014, 7:09 PM

Came from a very rough childhood. Dad was an alcoholic from what I understand and was quite rough on Ol' Roy. Lived in God's country in Skyland, N.C.

He has made a very successful man of himself, coming from where he came from. Sure, he's a little arrogant at times, but what he overcame counts for a lot.

Re:Yes, he had it tough. I agree, not a bad apple as some

Mar 11, 2014, 9:45 PM

think.

So let me get this straight...

Mar 12, 2014, 10:19 AM

Roy Williams gets a pass from you because he did the "right" thing by removing his team (well, most of his team), from the floor because he feared a "dangerous" situation. However, he conveniently forgot about the expendable players of his team, who were left out on the floor to finish the game? And no other coach does this? And you commend him for this? You must be kidding me.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did you miss the apology part?

Mar 12, 2014, 10:32 AM

i guess my mangled spelling above may have been confusing

he admitted he made a mistake - at the very least failed to communicate properly

your use of 'conveniently' is total b. s.

i have no problem with any coach taking his players off the court in that situation

i'll ask you the same question as i did above, would you prefer a coach stay out there and confront and cuss students/fans like K did at UVA

read this

Mar 12, 2014, 10:40 AM [ in reply to So let me get this straight... ]

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7469169/roy-williams-unc-tar-heels-says-apologized-players-left-court-florida-state-seminoles

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic