Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rotten Fish in Columbia
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Rotten Fish in Columbia

Jun 2, 2018, 1:17 AM

A school with no history in football, whose biggest accomplishments are beating Clemson a few times and winning a few Outback Bowls, suddenly gets some high-ranked recruits. With a coach who is only known for destroying a powerhouse football program in Florida.

They've only been off probation for major violations since 2015 or 2016, so they are risking the death penalty.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget they made the SEC championship that one time

Jun 2, 2018, 1:19 AM

and only lost by 39.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will NEVER forget it.

Jun 2, 2018, 2:18 AM

Still makes me laugh.

A LOT!

The 1984 loss to Navy, and the multiple losses to El Cid are

Jun 2, 2018, 2:37 AM

pretty hilarious too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: The 1984 loss to Navy, and the multiple losses to El Cid are

Jun 2, 2018, 4:24 AM

Considering they likely would have played for a national championship if they'd beaten Navy, that's probably my favorite Coot loss ever to a team other than Clemson.

The SECCG loss was an epic blowout, but they did play a great Auburn team. Navy won 4 games in '84.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2018, 12:15 PM

I’m really not sure why you guys on here obsess with my program’s failures. I myself don’t do that about Clemson.

Jun 2, 2018, 2:08 PM

I’m really not sure why you guys on here obsess with my program’s failures. I myself don’t do that about Clemson.

There haven’t been that many compared to “your team”

Jun 2, 2018, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: The 1984 loss to Navy, and the multiple losses to El Cid are ]

And the Saturday night riot in Miami where Da U brutalized them so bad that they swore they would NEVER AGAIN play Da U in My Mammy...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2018, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: The 1984 loss to Navy, and the multiple losses to El Cid are ]

Your failures are really your only accomplishment

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2018, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: The 1984 loss to Navy, and the multiple losses to El Cid are ]

That was the day my first child was born, also a Clemson grad. One of the best days of my life... the day Navy sank the ship. I believe Todd Ellis was st the helm.

Re: Don't forget they made the SEC championship that one time

Jun 2, 2018, 6:37 AM [ in reply to Don't forget they made the SEC championship that one time ]

My personal favorite is the 2015 game in Athens. It was UGA's retirement gift to Spurrier. After watching that clown run the score up on the Dawgs with superior talent at Florida during the 90's, it was great to see us hang 52 on him. I'm still a little ticked off we didn't get to 60.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't forget they made the SEC championship that one time

Jun 2, 2018, 2:17 PM

I actually like the 2016 game against you guys more. Eason only had like 34 yards passing so maybe you won't but Muschamp coming out of halftime with the huge bandage on his face after the clipboard or whiteboard he broke got the last laugh was hilarious.

They always find a way to screw it up......

Jun 2, 2018, 6:06 AM

Remember the steroid scandsl? Cheaters never win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They always find a way to screw it up......

Jun 2, 2018, 8:04 AM

Sports Illustrated does! Thankfully they put all those old articles online for posterity.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Re: Rotten Fish in Columbia

Jun 2, 2018, 6:27 AM

Desperate people sometimes take desperate measures .
Their program and fans are literally sick of our success and domination over them .

Hopefully the Tigers will thoroughly throttle their ##### this year and put them in their rightful place .
By doing so , we can quell this little uprising to the point that it will be many years before they will see the light of day .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rotten Fish in Columbia

Jun 2, 2018, 6:37 AM

I worked in Columbia in the mid 1980s. I still have several friends there who pull for sorry football SCAR. Even when they call, or come to visit in Tampa for their annual Outback Bowl, they still speak of Tommy Suggs who played a half a century ago. I just remind them that most current fans were not even born when he played. BTW, they have one ACC championship to our 17.

Ole Ben is just settin' em up...

Jun 2, 2018, 8:01 AM

so he can knock em back down when that Chicken Curse slaps the taste of meth right out of their mouths.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

There's no risk.

Jun 2, 2018, 10:38 AM

The NCAA will NEVER use the death penalty again. Feel free to quote mine this if I'm wrong.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was wrong about the repeat violator rules

Jun 2, 2018, 10:41 AM

The window is five years from the start of sanctions, not five years from the end of probation.
So they’ve been clear since April 2017 to break major rules and not risk the death penalty.

It is starting to look like Ole Miss, but without the coaching talent.

That's the women but I can understand your mistake.***

Jun 2, 2018, 11:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic