Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ross tweeting at TL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Ross tweeting at TL

Jul 5, 2017, 1:42 PM

I like the look of this. Lawrence retweeted and called it "the future."
https://twitter.com/_jross5/status/882647006296109056

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ross

Jul 6, 2017, 4:16 PM

I won't say Clemson leads for Ross, but I think we're tracking well. And are
clearly in the mix.

I am curious to see what we do at RB for 018.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ross

Jul 6, 2017, 7:35 PM

I agree, we're in the race. But it's going to come down to NSD. He's a smart kid and he's going to take his time. Here's a write up about him from Bama site. He says some good things about Trevor Lawrence.

"Ross played on the same 7-on-7 team as 5-star Clemson quarterback commit Trevor Lawrence at The Opening Finals last week. That’s also important because those Tigers are also a huge threat to Alabama.

The Under Armour All-American is looking for a school that has an appealing depth chart and good quarterbacks either already on the roster or committed. Ross is a big fan of Lawrence.

“Everything about his ball is just perfect,” Ross said. “I don’t know what it is, but it’s always just there on target. He’s probably the best quarterback I’ve thrown with. His ball placement just makes it so easy to catch.”

While it’s clear that playing with Lawrence this past week made an impression, he’s also high on the other teams he’s considering and their quarterback situations, as well."

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-crimson-tide-recruiting-justyn-ross-justin-fields-luke-ford-updates

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good stuff (thumbs up)***

Jul 7, 2017, 10:58 AM

Finally a Clemson post

Jul 6, 2017, 4:51 PM

While I love bashing the coots as much as the next guy this is nice break. Thanks for sharing. Go Tigers!

Re: Finally a Clemson post

Jul 7, 2017, 12:37 PM

> While I love bashing the coots as much as the next
> guy this is nice break. Thanks for sharing. Go Tigers!

This was a coot free thread until you brought up.....my Friday is ruined now

Re: Ross tweeting at TL

Jul 6, 2017, 7:41 PM

This is truly a Neck-and-neck-and-neck with Bama, Aub, and Clem. 33% chance for each right now

Jul 7, 2017, 12:47 AM

Based on all his interviews, it seems to be between Auburn and Clemson. He makes it clear his big things are early playing time and close knit atmosphere. Clearly we can offer him the latter, probably better than anyone else in the nation. My biggest worry (good worry to have) is our depth at WR, which he knows could hurt his chances of playing early. His first thing he says about auburn is WR is their "biggest need" and he can fit right in.

Hopefully the combination of playing with Lawrence at the Opening along with the departures of Cain, Thompson, potential transfers, etc..that he will be able to see early playing time.

Jul 7, 2017, 12:58 AM

I wouldn't necessarily say Bama is behind Clem and Aub. I know folks in Bama that are 99.9% sure Ross will end up there. I know Clemson puts receivers in the league but Bama has guys like Julio, Amari, Calvin, Jerry, etc that are no slouches and Ross knows this. Here's to hoping Bama has some weak QB play this year.

I think Clemson is sitting in a very, very good position here though. Would not be shocked if this ends up a win for the good guys. Both AL schools will have a meltdown if he leaves the state, I know people from both schools that are confident bordering on cockiness that Ross is a lock to stay in state lol.

Jul 7, 2017, 1:04 AM

Bama fans think everyone is going to them. Rightfully so I guess, especially in state guys. It's unheard of to them that he's even strongly considering Clemson. I wonder how his mom liked the visit, that was real important for him.

It'll take Some magic to pull him out of state but I think the combo of winning, WR NFL pedigree, TL, and close-knit feel might be enough for us. If our depth wasn't so strong I would think he's a lock to us.

Jul 7, 2017, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Ross tweeting at TL ]

Clemson may just be the easy choice for him, as he is probably being pulled in all different directions by the Auburn and Bama fans/family. Both teams and fans would rather him go to Clemson than the "other" team in the Alabama.

Regarding playing time...we play a LOT of receivers!***

Jul 7, 2017, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Ross tweeting at TL ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic