Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ross/Higgins/Rodgers/Ladson/Ngata
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Ross/Higgins/Rodgers/Ladson/Ngata

Dec 12, 2019, 5:07 PM

Ohio State is going to see the back of all their jerseys.
Long ball TDs give you plenty of time to read.

Reading on their site that they believe their DBs can either eliminate our WR threats or at least neutralize our downfield passing game . Alabama in January had far more talented DBs , got burned repeatedly .
They cannot play us man-up . If they play zone , Etienne runs for 150+ .
Pick your poison , posers .
Clemson fixin up a hot can for ya .

O-31-0 State .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

or Overton***

Dec 12, 2019, 5:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: or Overton***

Dec 12, 2019, 5:10 PM

Sorry for the omission !
Plus an unheralded return for our secret weapon TE .... Galloway .
A name most OSU fans can relate to .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Silence... This is going to be a surprise party.***

Dec 12, 2019, 5:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Silence... This is going to be a surprise party.***

Dec 13, 2019, 11:40 AM

Re: Ross/Higgins/Rodgers/Ladson/Ngata

Dec 12, 2019, 5:08 PM

Swinney too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

During the regular season last year we never put Higgins and Ross

Dec 12, 2019, 5:12 PM

on the field at the same time as far as I could tell. When we got into the playoff it was a different story. We also held back on the playbook. I’m thinking we are going to see something similar again this year and the opposition will be caught completely off guard. They will be like Saban going into his halftime interview last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2019, 5:14 PM

I'm hoping that Fields will soon inherit Braxton Miller's nickname--hurtin' Buckaroo.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 12, 2019, 5:22 PM

He can run and he throws a good pass ( 'cept his deep ball is a floater ) but he will struggle against our back 7 . It is the best defense he'll see this year ( as theirs will be for us as well ) and I just don't know that he'll play well enough for the kind of QB play they'll need to stay within a couple scores . Trevor Lawrence already has 2 ACCCG appearances and went ape through the #3 and #1 teams to win a Natty as a true frosh . He's seasoned against top flight teams . As much as Ohio State's fans and it's media want us to think they're " war tested " they're clearly not . Not at this level ( getting there is only half of the battle bucks ) , not that head coach or his QB or their RB or their defense . Beating a middling Wisconsin or Penn State in a regular season game is wonderful , but that is just a qualifier . Clemson's been to the mountain , and this team already holds hardware from that climb .
They're in trouble . Full stop .
I've said it over and over and I couldn't care less that we've only been made a 2 pt. favorite in the game, we'll beat this team by +14 pts and the game will likely be in hand late 3rd quarter .

Not orange kool aid , it's knowing who's got the best , most experienced big-game team .. and that is Dabo Swinney and the Clemson Tigers .

DB23

Dec 12, 2019, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Ross/Higgins/Rodgers/Ladson/Ngata ]

Spencer Shuey approves this message.

Dec 12, 2019, 6:45 PM

Out of curiosity I watch some OSU tape , they’re solid at every position but I saw nothing that really jumped out
. Justin fields is a solid QB, but he’s no Trevor Lawrence. Their defense is good, but they can be run on like any other team not named Clemson.

Clemson wins 45- 20

I'm with you Dug...

Dec 13, 2019, 12:08 PM

We saw a lot of new stuff last year with regards to formation & personnel. I think we're going to see at least as much new eye candy this year, despite 1 less week to get ready.

Before the season, there was a ton of talk abut Ngata and Ladson being the the best freshman yet. But, as the season wore on, we saw them less and less. I think this was done by design.

I would NOT be surprised to see those 2, plus Ross and Higgins, on some unique 4 wideout sets.

There will be something new for sure, I'm just not sure yet what it's going to be.

Re: I'm with you Dug...

Dec 13, 2019, 2:34 PM

Throw Overton out there too in a 5 wide set and suddenly you have 5 6'3"+ studs to pick from. I'm halfway there

Dec 13, 2019, 12:45 PM

0310 St is gonna bring pressure on just about every play. In reality and I am sure Ryan Day knows this, that is the only hope they have of stopping the juggernaut that is the CLEMSON offense. To try and play straight up against that level of skill talent is to choose dying by 1000 cuts, choosing to bring pressure gives you a chance to make big plays but also exposes you to giving up big plays. death is assured either way, me I prefer to go out all guns blazing! Where is Reggie Herring when we need a blitz called?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 1:18 PM

They'll get torched if they do. You start doing too much of the same thing, we'll eat it alive.

Their best bet is a lot of mixed coverages throughout the game, with well timed pressures.

I'm more confidant in this year's offense than last year. I don't know that there's a defense that can anything about it. We've proven for years now we can make adjustments as good as anyone in the country, if not the best. And given what we go against in practice with BV, I simply believe they can't come up with anything we haven't seen. If they do, they'll use it by the 2nd qtr.

Form that point, we start the process of suffocating on both side of the ball.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic