Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Root for Notre Dame, or not?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,785

Root for Notre Dame, or not?

Oct 27, 2012, 1:27 AM

Like everyone else I hate Notre Dame.
The question is, should Clemson fans be rooting for Notre Dame?

If they do well they may have their TV contract with NBC extended.
If they do not do well They may come over to the ACC in football If their contract is not extended.
If they do well it will help our strength of schedule eventually.

I can't decide, I just know I hate them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pull for them if you want them to beat us out for BCS

Oct 27, 2012, 1:35 AM

spot.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: pull for them if you want them to beat us out for BCS

Oct 27, 2012, 1:39 AM

I forgot about that.

A two loss ND team will beat us out anyway...

Oct 27, 2012, 2:02 AM [ in reply to pull for them if you want them to beat us out for BCS ]

I'm pretty sure they have made a BCS game at 9-3 a couple times.

Re: pull for them if you want them to beat us out for BCS

Oct 27, 2012, 8:10 AM [ in reply to pull for them if you want them to beat us out for BCS ]

If you pull for ND, then you pull for Lou...do not be a du======

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never pull for ND***

Oct 27, 2012, 1:36 AM

Re: Never pull for ND***

Oct 27, 2012, 6:43 AM

Rule Number 1 in Southern football.Never pull for Notre Dame!!!

Re: Root for Notre Dame, or not?

Oct 27, 2012, 6:12 AM

As Clemson fans we should not be pulling for Notre Dame ,and especially in football.Notre Dame is a member of the ACC in every sport "BUT" football so it serves no purpose what so ever to root for them.
Even if they do well it will do nothing for our strength of schedule as long as Va. Tech,and FSU have issues.
Despite the fact we all want ,and need FSU to lose again another loss by the Noles actually hurts our strength of schedule more than a Notre Dame win helps.
Regarding the contract with NBC,the only way to get Notre Dame to join the ACC is for them to suck ,and NBC decides not to renew it.However ,if that happens there will allways be another bidder for the Irish.
So this Saturday I am pulling for the Sooners as I would rather have Oklahoma take a BCS spot that Clemson might get than Notre Dame.

Actually, Leftie, those were generally my sentiments, as I

Oct 27, 2012, 6:26 AM

believed a resurgent ND would only serve to strengthen their special status out of a conference. I believe the ACC will gain some leverage following the expiration of the ND/NBC deal in 2015, along with the playoff development, but only if ND remains so-so. Other powerhouses will probably begin to express great resentment, thus forcing ND's hand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Actually, Leftie, those were generally my sentiments, as I

Oct 27, 2012, 7:30 AM

Notre Dame,imo,is like a double edged sword.As long as they continue their resurgency,NBC will continue the deal.But if Notre Dame stops becoming an attractive option( ie they begin to go backwards)then NBC might not want to continue with the contract.
However,I read somewhere that Fox Sports,or another affliate might make N.D an offer.
The best scenario,and again just my opinon ,for every body is the formation of 6 Super conferences,all with a play off system.You could have the six conference champs ,plus two at large bids( this is where Notre Dame would still benefit if they had a winning record)in an 8 team National Championship playoff.
I know this is long and complicated,but we have to hope that Notre Dame slips,falls out of the top 10 thru 2015,or 16,and is forced to join a conference,and play a conference schedule in order to qualify for the playoff system.

Not!

Oct 27, 2012, 7:16 AM

nm

Root for them if you want what's best for Clemson.

Oct 27, 2012, 7:25 AM

I do not see how their current year performance has much of an effect on Clemson, so I'm thinking long-term.

TV Contract - They will always be able to get a TV contract paying as much as a conference payout would be, so I don't see how pulling for them to lose so they would join ACC in football helps, and if they are doing so poorly that they want to join in football, maybe we wouldn't want them at that time.

Strenght of Schedule - Long term they will be playing more ACC games which should help our overall SOS if they perform well.

Joining ACC in football - They will join when they have no other option to reach BCS

People hate on ND because of their separate TV contract and special treatment with the BCS ... I wish Clemson could do the same ...

In the end, if we take care of what we have to do, ND will have less of an impact ... If we go 12-0, we will reach BCS game no matter how ND does or where they go ...

Go Tigers!

Re: Root for Notre Dame, or not?

Oct 27, 2012, 7:28 AM

I never pull for ND, the fact that Holtz coached them is just an added reason. Personally I'd like to see them go 0- forever.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boomer Sooner! Boomer Sooner!***

Oct 27, 2012, 7:56 AM

Re: Boomer Sooner! Boomer Sooner!***

Oct 27, 2012, 7:59 AM

point!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never!***

Oct 27, 2012, 8:06 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier