Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Burns: C.J. Spiller is Clemson’s best, ever
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Oct 15, 2009, 8:53 AM

No matter how the team fares Saturday, Clemson football fans will cheer true excellence. C.J. Spiller is one of the best running backs in the country. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best all-purpose player, yes. Best TB, no

Oct 15, 2009, 8:58 AM

When you look at just the running back part of it, Terry Allen is the best. He was a better TB than Spiller, but Spiller is by far the best all-around skill player to ever play at Clemson

Terry Allen may be Clemson's best NFL player, too.

Oct 15, 2009, 10:06 AM

Better for longer than the Fridge but less famous.

Dunno that I'd say Fridge was our 2nd best NFL player.......

Oct 15, 2009, 10:15 AM

heck, in my mind Michael Dean even had a better NFL career than Fridge.

Dawk, Michael Dean, Jeff Bryant, Charlie Waters

Oct 15, 2009, 10:35 AM

In my opinion, Dawk is the best NFL player we've produced..Michael Dean is close with a bunch of Pro Bowls and an AFC Defensive Player of the Year. Why does everyone forget #99 Jeff Bryant?...14 years in the NFL, all with Seattle. He was forgotten out in the Pacific Northwest but he was a beast. Anyone who went to games from '78 to '81 remembers #99 living in the backfield. Charlie Waters was an excellent safety on some great Dallas teams. I agree that Terry Allen is the best TB we've ever had....CJ is the best all-purpose back. Someone needs to start an all-time by position Clemson team on here....we'd have some fun with that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bennie Cunningham or Dwight Clark***

Oct 15, 2009, 10:35 AM

"Very, Very Excited, Very, Very Proud" to be a TIGER!!

Don't forget Trevor Pryce. His NFL career is

Oct 15, 2009, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Dawk, Michael Dean, Jeff Bryant, Charlie Waters ]

Over 10 years now with many pro bowls. One of the best I've ever seen in college.

I'd say Brian Dawkins***

Oct 15, 2009, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Terry Allen may be Clemson's best NFL player, too. ]

Yes. I stand corrected.******

Oct 15, 2009, 10:19 AM

Apples and oranges. CJ on TA's team is as good, if not bettr

Oct 15, 2009, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Best all-purpose player, yes. Best TB, no ]

CJ's supporting cast doesn't even compare to what TA had.

yes he is

Oct 15, 2009, 9:30 AM

sadly though it is another talent squandered the last few years due to poor OL play. One day we'll lok back and wonder how players like CJ and JD and CW have no ACC Championship ring. Sadly the man that got them here could - finish the job

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably so...but few seem to remember Ronald Williams...

Oct 15, 2009, 10:14 AM

Who I remember to be that rare guy with "homerun" ability and the strength to move a pile. I would love to ask Ken Hatfield what he saw in Rodney Blunt (capable runner mind you), that had him play in front of R. Williams. Had Ronald played in the 1990 UVa game, we may still have never lost to them.....

Without the knee injury, he would own the Clemson rushing record book....

After the injury, he had one hell of a Canadien football career.

Ronald Williams was the most impressive of the ones Iv seen

Oct 15, 2009, 4:03 PM

I always thought he would be stopped but then he would get like 6 extra yards every time after contact.

Great Athlete, average RB

Oct 15, 2009, 10:16 AM

He is an unbelievable athlete, maybe top 3 ATHLETES ever here. He is great returner and receiver, but in my opinion he is only a better than average runningback. Look at his rushing stats versus good teams and they are very average. James Davis was a better running back, but CJ is the best athlete I have seen for any South Carolina school since I have been watching football.

I agree completely.

Oct 15, 2009, 10:21 AM

What's unfortunate is that we've been trying to put a square peg in a round hole the entire time he's been here, using him as a RB.

It's hard to compare. CJ's O-line and OC has been weak.

Oct 15, 2009, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Great Athlete, average RB ]

I wonder how CJ would have done if he had played for Clemson with, say, Ford-era offensive lines and game plans, or with a smarter OC, or in an offense that has a passing attack.

In terms of electricity and fun-watch-icity, Spiller is definitely near the top.

Loved this quote

Oct 15, 2009, 10:33 AM

"The Tigers own 56 wins over Wake Forest. The only team Clemson has beaten more is South Carolina. That’s happened 65 times. Only sunrises and tides happen more."

Loved this quote: Last 2 times WF won at DV, CU coach fired.

Oct 15, 2009, 12:39 PM

"The last time Wake Forest won at Clemson was 1998. Clemson coach Tommy West was fired that year. The previous time Wake won at Clemson was 1993. Ken Hatfield was fired that year."

So then for those who love Clemson's football tradition, if Wake wins this weekend...

Does CJ have a speech impediment or is it just his accent?

Oct 15, 2009, 12:59 PM

I admire CJ (and my daughter has a bit of a speech impediment that she's working past so I mean no disrepect) but I have a hard time understanding CJ when he speaks. I'm curious whether he has a speech impediment or if that's just the way people talk where he comes from. If it's a speech impediment, his academic and athletic success should be inspirational for other kids.

Great video clip of all of his 50+ yard runs here.***

Oct 15, 2009, 2:58 PM

Ooops. Here.

Oct 15, 2009, 3:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MooMhKt-wKw

Poor CJ...

Oct 15, 2009, 3:23 PM

Had he gone to Florida, he'd probably have won the Heisman and a def. a National Championship by now. I really admire his loyalty.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Poor CJ...

Oct 15, 2009, 9:21 PM

"poor CJ" will be just fine. I agree that at UF he would have a NC - actually 2 - by now & working on a 3rd, but his CU experience has helped him grow as a man/father. He has obviously grown since his time here at CU & there's no way to know what would or wouldn't have been different at UF.

All we know is that he has turned out to be a GREAT FB player, that he will go VERY EARLY in the 1st round of the draft (& that would be no different at UF) and that he has matured greatly.

Who is to say that going to UF would have produced better results for him as a person? Sometimes it ain't all about football.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic