Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are Texas a&m receivers coming back this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Are Texas a&m receivers coming back this year?

Aug 5, 2019, 12:45 PM

One of the guys was a stud and caught everything. He was 6’4” and was a beast. TE was good. The back caught the ball well out the backfield too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The guy you're talking about is Kendrick Rogers and yes

Aug 5, 2019, 12:49 PM

he's a JR so he'll be back. We absolutely have to chuck him at the line and cover him this year. That game was too close for comfort and he was the reason.

Re: The guy you're talking about is Kendrick Rogers and yes

Aug 5, 2019, 12:56 PM

They have to replace the TE. The WR's are back!

I said it l.y. and I have seen it mentioned this year - you cannot under-estimate the fact we hadn't seen Jimbo Fisher and the personnel he had in any significant game video last year. Coach V has a season's worth of video of their personnel now to dissect and game plan for. L.Y. they played I think N. Texas 1st game which didn't give us much.
They knew what we would bring; we didn't know what they would bring! Unless Jimbo has changed what he runs to suit our game with them; we will be in a much better place this time around. We know who and what plays hurt us the most and will be ready.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have zero doubt that Venables will be ready. The other

Aug 5, 2019, 1:00 PM

thing is we have to get after Mond. He made some plays and I hope Xavier Thomas has him running for his life all night. If we do that, it won't matter what Rogers does.

Agree. XT needs to be ready to play game of his life!

Aug 5, 2019, 1:05 PM

And keep the QB scrambling ... or on his back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree. XT needs to be ready to play game of his life!

Aug 5, 2019, 1:26 PM

I have heard the coaches are not happy with XT right now. Isn't he lkisted at 3rd string.
Dont think they are happy with the effort he is putting in. Sure hope he gets his head in the game.

Re: Agree. XT needs to be ready to play game of his life!

Aug 5, 2019, 3:21 PM

Uhh no, he's listed as the starter opposite Justin Foster. If any of the coaches did say that, its just to push him and keep him motivated. XT knows its his time to shine now. KJ Henry will get his snaps too opposite of him, that's a lot of speed on the ends.

So true

Aug 5, 2019, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: The guy you're talking about is Kendrick Rogers and yes ]

It's one thing to look at their tape when playing under Sumlin. It's completely different when playing under a different coach the next year. Even with some familiarity with Jimbo, it's tough to diagnose tendencies with new players.

I will say, they have recruited well, and teams usually make big jumps in year two under a coach. I would not be surprised to see TAM finish 2nd in their division behind Alabama.

To counter that, we'll be at home this year.

I would like to thinking a 10-14 point win. All depends on how quick the defense grows us on the front 7.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So true

Aug 5, 2019, 3:08 PM

TAMU finished 2nd in their division last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The guy you're talking about is Kendrick Rogers and yes

Aug 5, 2019, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: The guy you're talking about is Kendrick Rogers and yes ]

TAMU lost their #1 RB, Trayveon Wiliams, #1 Recieving TE, Jace Sternberger, #1 Blocking TE, Trevor Wodd. Balance could be a problem, but all the WR’s are back. I’ve read that last year was TAMU’s best running year ever. TAMU also lost 5 defensive starters from the front seven, 2 LB’s, 2 DT’s, 1 DE and 2 senior backups.

Mond was ridiculous against us, but frankly I thought he was crazy lucky too. Tipped balls for TD’s? How often does that happen? The games I watched him in later in the year, I thought he tried to do too much, ala gunslinger. I’m expecting him to have less tools to work with, BV will press him and he’ll crack and go to gunslinger mode.

He's back

Aug 5, 2019, 1:43 PM [ in reply to The guy you're talking about is Kendrick Rogers and yes ]

But he was actually a RS sophomore last season, which meant he was eligible to declare for the draft at the end of 2018 (three years removed from HS). I was hoping he would!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Are Texas a&m receivers coming back this year?

Aug 5, 2019, 1:02 PM

Yes.. That one dude is who went for over 100 yards on us.

Several of Mond's completions . . .

Aug 5, 2019, 1:13 PM

last year were tipped by us yet still caught . . . a couple were sure interceptions that went straight through our hands . . . one was for a touchdown . . . I don't expect to ever see that happen again . . . at least not to that extent . . .

We'll have fun as spectators giving the A&M crowd reciprocity in noise control!!! Save your vocal chords the week leading up to that game!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rodgers is the one that caught everything

Aug 5, 2019, 1:13 PM

He’s back. The TE and RB are both gone though. Most of A&M’s success came from Mond running for his life and just throwing up 50/50 balls that Rodgers came down with. That doesn’t seem sustainable, especially in DV.

Re: Rodgers is the one that caught everything

Aug 6, 2019, 4:32 PM

Several of those 50/50 balls were more like 40/60 balls IMO. How they managed to actually connect is still a mystery to me.

I’m wondering if their incredible luck will be back this year.

Aug 5, 2019, 1:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

All of their starting receivers from last year are back***

Aug 5, 2019, 1:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Will they again get the benefit of every bounce?***

Aug 5, 2019, 2:54 PM

Re: Will they again get the benefit of every bounce?***

Aug 5, 2019, 3:11 PM

And the benefit of refs not calling holding calls. Had they called even half of the blatant holding calls we win it easily. Of course that was ACC refs this year it's SEC refs so I expect much the same.

Aug 5, 2019, 3:08 PM

yeah the dude with the dreads shredded us in the second half last year. He good

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was Kendrick Rodgers. He lit us up but he didnt do much

Aug 5, 2019, 3:14 PM

else last year for the Aggies. I think he had some kind of injury problem for awhile, but he played in 9 games and only finished with 336 yards, 120 of which came against Clemson.

It's hard to say what they will get out of him this year.

Maybe that golden horseshoe fell out of his a$$ !!!***

Aug 5, 2019, 5:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 5, 2019, 5:03 PM

Forget the receivers, what about their punter? That kid was insane last year

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2019, 4:16 PM

He's back as well!

hope we see a lot of him***

Aug 6, 2019, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Are Texas a&m receivers coming back this year? ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2019, 4:33 PM

I just hope that the refs call a few holding penalties on them this time. That game was just an abuse to our great D that was held repeatedly.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic