Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson chances in BCS Race
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson chances in BCS Race

Oct 24, 2011, 6:56 PM

Clemson chances in BCS Race

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Robert Smith is an idiot....

Oct 24, 2011, 7:38 PM

the best he can come up with is the Wofford game - the 2nd freakin' game of the year? Really?? And, if you're gonna talk about a team, at least get your facts right - we beat VaTech 23-3, not 20-3.

So you cite the Wofford game, but not Auburn, FSU, VaTech (to any significance) - holding them w/o a TD at their own stadium?

What an idiot.

Re: Robert Smith is an idiot....

Oct 24, 2011, 7:54 PM

He does have a point in saying that our defense needs to step up more. Our LB's and Safeties are having a hard time covering the deep ball. Teams like LSU and Bama would throw all day.
However you are right. Robert needs to understand our defense has stepped up after wooford.

GO TIGERS.

LSu's offense sucks.***

Oct 24, 2011, 11:02 PM

Oct 25, 2011, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Robert Smith is an idiot.... ]

Wofford runs an option offense that is closest comparison on our schedule to what we'll see on Saturday against GT. I do agree that the defense has gotten stronger, but you can see where Smith was going with that..

Oct 25, 2011, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Robert Smith is an idiot.... ]

You are wrong about Bama and LSU throwing on us all day. Let them try, there would be alot of pick 6's. Nobody actually knows what would happen if the two teams met. I feel we would have just as good a chance with those two as we had with VT at night, at there house. It had been how long that VT had been shut out from scoring a TD IN THERE HOUSE... We just don't know what the outcome would be. But, if we go undefeated, lets hope we don't get Disrespected only b/c of what they think. Any One team can beat any other team on aday that things go for them. But we/Clemson isn't just any one team. We are a team that is beating every team that is in our way. Our team ain't scared of no team. ACC, SEC, PAC 10, PAC 12, Big EAST, it doesn't matter. Clemson Tigers can roll with any of them win or lose, and I'm sure of that. The effing know it alls said we didn't stand a snow balls chance in H&LL of beating Nebraska in 81. :)Look where that trophy still is 30 years later....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, but unfortunately I think a lot of people have a

Oct 24, 2011, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Robert Smith is an idiot.... ]

similar perception, and that perception plays a role in our destiny.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Scoring D: Bama #1, LSU-3, STAN-4, BSU-11, CLM- 51, OKSt-65

Oct 24, 2011, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Robert Smith is an idiot.... ]

In fairness to Robert Smith and the voters, there is a reasonable perception that Clemson's defense isn't in the same league with Bama, LSU, & Stanford. (I think many Clemson fans would concur.) Many pundits have questioned Oklahoma State's weak defense, but the voters haven't yet. (I think Oklahoma State's weak defense is going to cost them at least one regular season loss.)

On the other hand, the 2010 national champion Auburn Tigers finished the season ranked #53 in scoring defense, so a Top 25 defense isn't an absolute requirement.

I certainly question Stanford's defense. Look who they've

Oct 25, 2011, 12:03 AM

played. Some of the worst offenses in the country. No wonder their defensive stats look good! Washington is pretty decent, though no juggernaut, and despite 3 turnovers they had well over 400 yds of offense. I think Oregon will really expose them. Who couldn't shut down San Jose St, UCLA, Arizona, Duke, Colorado, Washington St? Come on!

Re: Scoring D: Bama #1, LSU-3, STAN-4, BSU-11, CLM- 51, OKSt-65

Oct 25, 2011, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Scoring D: Bama #1, LSU-3, STAN-4, BSU-11, CLM- 51, OKSt-65 ]

I guess people only judge what happens with the D in the first half. Look at our D in MOST of our games in the second half. Very few have been scored on our D in second half. And if you count UNC, SECOND and THIRD team D played MOST of that half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you really think any of these ESPN fellas have given a

Oct 24, 2011, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Robert Smith is an idiot.... ]

truly close look at Clemson? It is about the Big 12, SEC, and Stanford. We might as well be Boise St. as far as they are concerned, an annoying little fly in the picture. As I suspected was going to happen long before Wisco and Oklahoma blew it, the Mother Ship has shifted their talk to how dreamy it would be to have Bama and LSU meet again if the first game is a great one, and because clearly, LSU and Bama should be playing on Sundays and not at the college level.

Re: Do you really think any of these ESPN fellas have given a

Oct 24, 2011, 10:55 PM

I have said this before, our defense improves every week,(WHAT?). If you look back, who the h3ll is that qb at Maryland. The defense gave up 17 points against unc. 0-12 3rd down conversions at on point. Noone can stop this offense ,maybe slow it down. None of us thought we would be here right now. No one loss team will overcome Clemson this year. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. LET'S ENJOY.

Re: Do you really think any of these ESPN fellas have given a

Oct 25, 2011, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Do you really think any of these ESPN fellas have given a ]

You say Bama and LSU should be playing on Sunday. The NFL'S worst team, would shut either of those 2 teams out of the end zone....

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic