Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dan Scott Prediction: Clemson at South Carolina
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Nov 23, 2007, 6:24 PM

One more game. One more pick. And here we go. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dan Scott Prediction: Clemson at South Carolina

Nov 23, 2007, 6:32 PM

I'm keeping a promise to a Gamecock caller to my radio show back in June during our on-air preseason picks. I told him then I was picking Clemson, partially because of the fact that USC hasn't one more than one game in a row in this series since 1968-70.

Come on Dan! ;)

Re: Dan Scott Prediction: Clemson at South Carolina

Nov 23, 2007, 7:05 PM

sounds pretty reasonable Dan....I see the problem as "Will we throw the ball deep?" Although we are more than capable, the play calling has been kept on the short game for the most part. I know I am going to catch some heat over that comment, but IMHO Spence has kept the Offense fairly pedestrian this year as in years past....we have the talent...so let's get the D further than 10 yards off of the ball....let's not wait until late in the game to throw deep. Our back field needs to be given some running room and Harper and our recievers can get it done.

GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Yes! Get aggressive on offense.

Nov 23, 2007, 7:32 PM

What do we have to lose? What are we waiting for? We're not playing for the nat'l title, or the ACC title for that matter, so for Lord's sake, open it up.

YES! Get aggressive on offense.

Nov 23, 2007, 7:46 PM

PLEASE, somebody tell Rob Spence to let the boys have some fun out there. Nothing on the line here except good old fashioned rivalry. Clemson needs to have fun, and what better fun than letting the players make big plays.
Throw the ball downfield, and don't wait till the time is precious and the score is close. I'm sure AK80 wants to let all the Clemson faithful know that he CAN make that catch. How about giving him a chance?!
I think Dan made a great prediction, but Tigers won't get those 41 points unless they can really spread out the CAROLina defense and make them play the deep pass.
It might just be me, but I think Spence is too conservative a playcaller and doesn't allow the talent our players have to be showcased on the field.
Go Tigers!!

SoCar has the #4 pass-D & the #104th run-D.

Nov 24, 2007, 3:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Dan Scott Prediction: Clemson at South Carolina ]

Conventional wisdom dictates that Clemson should be able to run well unless SoCar stacks the box-- in which case Harper should be able to pick them apart. SoCar's strength against the pass and weakness against the run is the opposite of BC (which had the #2 rush defense and the #110th pass defense). Although Spence is incompetent, this match-up plays well into Spence's run-first-no-matter-what mentality. I just hope that he doesn't pull another sit-on-the-lead, play-not-to-lose job like he did last year.

Koenning's defense will play well enough to win the game, as they've done for the last two years-- especially if the front four provides pressure (and sacks) again.

On paper, Clemson should easily win this one. But SoCar has Spurrier calling the plays, and we have Spence.

I got 42-20

Nov 23, 2007, 7:50 PM

and I'm being generous with 20.

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Love it!***

Nov 24, 2007, 12:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

So your pick is based on a bet....

Nov 23, 2007, 9:19 PM

I am reading an article from a reporter or the board on Tigernet? Weak, weak, Dan.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 34-17 TIGERS!***

Nov 23, 2007, 9:20 PM

Re: 34-17 TIGERS!***

Nov 23, 2007, 10:00 PM

The only thing i have to say is that the more we stomp these chickens in the ground the better that will make me feel after that horrible bc loss....so go tigers i call another 63-17 victory like we did a few years ago...

All this whinning is getting on my nerves.....

Nov 23, 2007, 11:25 PM

leave Spence alone. What's done is DONE. LET IT GO. He wants to embarrass SOS and the coots as much or more than we want him to. Let it GOOOOOOOO. C'MON TIGERS....beat those #####.....no wait...scratch that ;)

Photobucket

What's done is done? That's the rub. It's done over & over

Nov 24, 2007, 3:10 AM

I'm sure that Spence wants to win every game. The problem is that he's incompetent to be the OC of a championship caliber team. He's proven that year after year.

NO way...

Nov 24, 2007, 8:03 AM

...Carolina only puts up 20 24 points. I think CU wins, but only if we can stop the passing game... and we couldn't last week... not sure we will this week. This Mitchell dude can throw it. I'd say 42 - 38, Clemson.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

coot***

Nov 24, 2007, 10:01 AM

It depends *entirely* on which Blake Mitchell shows up

Nov 24, 2007, 10:26 AM [ in reply to NO way... ]

Yes, he can be a gunslinger...but he's so inconsistent that it's impossible to predict whether you'll get Gunslinger Blake or Deer-in-headlights Blake. Hoping for the latter. :)

Re: It depends *entirely* on which Blake Mitchell shows up

Nov 24, 2007, 11:25 AM

Pressuer Blake like we can and it will be the latter.

Rob Spence is an idiot.

Nov 24, 2007, 8:48 PM

Ok it is only halftime, but still... what is up with our OC?!?
Does he not know how/when to call a timeout??
Seriously, this is ridiculous.
I'm no expert, but I do think that it is better to try to close the half with a touchdown instead of a difficult-angled (and missed) field goal.

Come on, Tommy, the time has come to make some personnel changes.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic