Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has this ever been done? What do you guys think if fans were to put up banners
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,909

Has this ever been done? What do you guys think if fans were to put up banners

Apr 24, 2016, 3:37 AM

all around Clemson on the day of the "All In Cookout " welcoming all of the recruits we have offered. List each recruits name and the class 2017 or 2018 etc...It does not matter if they are here or not, if their name is hanging up over downtown Clemson or on an advertising board on I-85 near the airport and below Anderson it will get back to them or have them closer to Clemson.

What do you guys think? Good idea , bad idea, NCAA violation?

Just trying to be creative at 3:30 am.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has this ever been done? What do you guys think if fans were to put up banners

Apr 24, 2016, 3:59 AM

Couldn't be a bad thing IMHO. If you as a private citizen that wants to rent a sign to display whatever, (no graphic content obviously) and have no affiliation with CU other than being a CU Alumnus , I don't see how that would be regulated by the NCAA. As far as putting the likeness of minors on a sign, I'm not sure about that. Names I don't see being a problem, especially on campus. I'm not an attorney (exactly) so don't take my word as the gospel. Great idea though IMO!

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has this ever been done? What do you guys think if fans were to put up banners

Apr 24, 2016, 7:14 AM

It would have to be done as an organized effort so as not taking a chance on leaving a kid out and risk having him think they don't want me. Sounds like a great idea for around campus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Good point I didn't think about. However, I would think/hope

Apr 24, 2016, 4:25 PM

anyone willing invest the time to make/money to rent a sign(s) would be an avid follower of recruiting and know which recruits will be there on X weekend.

I'll admit, assumptions have not exactly served me well on Tnet. ;)

Great point either way. This staff turns 2* recruits into first day draft picks, and 5*s into dominant freshmen from game one.....aka The Anti-thUGA/Anti-Richt if you will. TJ Greene was a 2*(?) I believe, and left early for the draft, while Wilkins was everything and more you could ask of a highly touted 5* player. Point being you're correct. You never know who will turn into what, especially when you're talking about 16 and 17 year old young men.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2016, 7:17 AM

Sounds like something best left to the staff. They are perfectly capable of getting who they want. I doont think they need amateure "help" which may or may not be within the rules

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Risky. Too easy to leave a name off by mistake!

Apr 24, 2016, 7:28 AM

How would you feel if names were up and yours was missing?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let the ""STAFF"" take care of recruiting**

Apr 24, 2016, 8:33 AM

They have been doing a pretty good job lately !!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^in Dabo we trust

Apr 24, 2016, 9:25 AM

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2016, 9:27 AM

Trying too hard imo. But i like the way you're thinking

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,909
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic