Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tigers on same recruiting track as a year ago
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Tigers on same recruiting track as a year ago

Jun 7, 2012, 11:34 AM

Tigers on same recruiting track as a year ago

What is wrong with Clemson’s recruiting? The simple answer: Nothing yet. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recruiting is the one area where Dabo has earned our trust

Jun 7, 2012, 11:39 AM

The man knows what he's doing imo. Did we loss out on a few we wanted? Sure. But that's the way things go sometimes. It'll be interesting to see how things work out. Also I remember 2011 when got both Steward and Anthony on NSD. The big time recruits are unlikely to committ so early especially before attending camps.

Re: Recruiting is the one area where Dabo has earned our trust

Jun 7, 2012, 11:45 AM

Also, let them make other visits and get them out of their way so they can see what a great place Clemson is. If I were a top recuit, I would take several visits before committing. Don't want kids with second thoughts...

Suggestion:

Jun 7, 2012, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Recruiting is the one area where Dabo has earned our trust ]

It would be nice if in the future, you identify your source for the recruiting rankings. There are several around with different opinions. And if I'm not mistaken, there has never been a study to see which service is most accurate.

Reply meant for David.*

Jun 7, 2012, 11:46 AM

unlike last year, it seems more players are committing early

Jun 7, 2012, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Suggestion: ]

there were several players that i felt we had a chance w that are already off the board. there is not much room for error on some of the bigger fish still left out there. it's obvious that the SEC big boys are loading up, and it seems we are losing traction w prospects that once were leaning CU's way(fulwood, adams, rochell, bryant, mcdonald, etc.) h#ll, at this point i am starting to worry that D. Watson-2014 is getting cold feet. this year just feels different- we can not whiff on the few big timers left on our board. after the OB disaster, and all the conf. re-alignment talk- if dabo manages a top 25 class it may be his best recruiting job to date.

Re: unlike last year, it seems more players are committing early

Jun 7, 2012, 12:12 PM

I think a lot of us thought that winning the ACC, would lead us to bigger recruiting gains than usual. Seeing USuCk off to their start makes me think that recruits find their Top 10 finish last year more impressive than our winning the ACC (finishing 22nd). Yes, it's nice to win a conference championship. But its luster is taken off when the conference is so weak.

It's more that we were weak...if the conference blew and we

Jun 7, 2012, 12:24 PM

were a legit BCS team that whipped WVU then it would be a whole heckuva lot different. But losing by 100 against the lowest seeded BCS team just made us look horrible and that will be with us until we can get back there and right the wrong. So...we may have stunted our recruiting for a couple of years which could be tough to come back from. They'll have to win the conference again this year.

I guess Sammy, Bellamy, Steward, Anthony, etc...

Jun 7, 2012, 1:39 PM

Were impressed with a 6-7 season and a loss in the Car Care Bowl. They committed after that disaster.

There may be some recruits who base everything off of the team’s record the year before, but recruiting is much more "personal" than that. More nuanced as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One bad year by a new coach is one thing but a patern

Jun 7, 2012, 3:10 PM

starts developing after 3 or 4 seasons.

Constantly firing coordinators and key coaches doesn't help either.

The ACC sucks. Winning the ACC only looks good if we back it up with some out of conference wins. We won the ACC but still barely beat a bad Wake and got whipped by a bad NC State.

Like being poisoned slowly, it's no one dose, but the cumulative effect that kills you.

yawn***

Jun 7, 2012, 3:17 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Define "constantly."

Jun 8, 2012, 1:28 AM [ in reply to One bad year by a new coach is one thing but a patern ]

Because I believe he fired one offensive coordinator, because the job wasn't getting done, and one defensive coordinator for the very same reason.

Which "key coaches" has he fired?

And yeah we barely beat a bad Wake team but a win is a win. A bloop single goes in the books as a line drive.

And what exactly is the "poison" that we are getting doses of?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One bad year by a new coach is one thing but a patern

Jun 9, 2012, 12:23 PM [ in reply to One bad year by a new coach is one thing but a patern ]

You know what makes fires me up and shows how much an opposing team is scared of their rival?? When their cowardly fans come to their rivals web sites and start posting a bunch of negative comments about a program while posing as a "fan" of that program. Look at all the Coot fans on this blog who are posing as Clemson fans but write as many BS negative comments as they can about the Tigers...It really shows how scared they are of our program and the steps being taken to insure long term success..IE..Recruiting (look at all the jabs they try to get in on our recruiting despite the fact that we have outrecruited them 15 of the past 20 years), Coaches (how many nicknames can they desperately come up with to try and degrade a coach and his allstar assistant staff), Facilities (they have always lagged behind in facilites and will never be able to surpass Clemson unless they move their entire university out of the lowly city of Columbia), University System (they call Clemson University names like "Ag U", not knowing that Clemson far outranks SC in the Schools of Engineering, Business, Computer Science & IT, Accounting, Education, Applied Sciences, etc,etc. Also, Clemson grads earn (on average) about 20K more per year than SC grads....obviously because employers put more value in a much higher ranked Clemson education than a middle tier SC education. Bottom line is this: The sheer number of Coot fans that come to Clemson related sports sites (many who pose as Clemson fans) to post negative comments about our program just shows the high level of insecurity, ignorance and fear about Clemson's dominance in football over the past 100 years, Clemson's overall education/college experience and the Clemson graduates' domination in after college success and earnings as a whole! So, the more negative comments by these Coots just shows the growing amount of fear and ignorance within their fan base....therefore, I am pleased more and more when I read all the attempts to bash Clemson on our own athletic websites...so, bring it on Coots!!

Re: One bad year by a new coach is one thing but a patern

Jun 10, 2012, 8:16 AM

Well said. Got under your skin a bit, eh? Rock-on. Go Tigers!

Re: I guess Sammy, Bellamy, Steward, Anthony, etc...

Jun 7, 2012, 9:09 PM [ in reply to I guess Sammy, Bellamy, Steward, Anthony, etc... ]

Dabo does an excellent job recruiting skill position players. He has to start doing a better job of recruiting linemen, that is where CU is getting beat, in the trenches.

Ummm, how many top 150 players do the coots have?

Jun 7, 2012, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: unlike last year, it seems more players are committing early ]

That's right 1! We've got 2! They are going to oversign just like every year under Spurass, we're not! They have not out-recruited CU at this point! GEEZ

Exactly, we have equal or better talent, yet they own us. So

Jun 7, 2012, 3:14 PM

ask yourself, why?

There is only 1 answer, but you guys don't want to admit it cause you are blinded by your irrational loyalty or too drunk on the kool aid.

Why does USC own us, despite no real talent advantage?

Superior coaching!!!!

Why do teams with far less talent cause us to struggle?

Superior coaching!!!

its not even close.......

Jun 7, 2012, 3:16 PM

but that goes back to TB as well. He got outcoached in 2006 when we had superior talent.

We haven't had a good coach since Hatfield. He was a

Jun 7, 2012, 3:28 PM

pretty good coach, but poor recruiter and bad fit for Clemson. He was a bad hire because they wanted the anti-Ford and didn't want serious big time winning. Lennon was very much like Barker. His ego couldn't handle the football coach being bigger than him and he didn't put athletic success high on his list of priorities.

That's the key to college success in athletics. You MUST have a president that understands that the head football or basketball coach is going to be bigger, and often, more powerful than you.

Re: We haven't had a good coach since Hatfield. He was a

Jun 7, 2012, 3:30 PM

See how delusional this guy is? ^^^^^

Holy smokes just when you think it can't get any worse!!!***

Jun 7, 2012, 3:32 PM

Yes absolutely nuts.**

Jun 12, 2012, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: We haven't had a good coach since Hatfield. He was a ]

nm

A good coach can do something with talent...........

Jun 7, 2012, 3:31 PM [ in reply to We haven't had a good coach since Hatfield. He was a ]

I didn't see anything that Hatfield did with our talent. He went 10-2 with an NFL defense. He went 9-2-1 with a team that was loaded in 1991. Then the wheels fell off.

I said good, not great. Dabo took a team that had talent to

Jun 7, 2012, 4:35 PM

dominate the ACC, which is why TB was run off, yet in only his 2nd year he had a losing season. Something TB never had with less talent in a stronger ACC. That's poor coaching.

Faddy...

Jun 7, 2012, 8:57 PM

You gotta try harder to focus on the big picture. The one that says we've won 2 divisions and a league championship in 3 years, with a rookie coach in his first 3 years of head coaching. We just had the most successful season is two decades, against the same ACC we've always been in (the one your school has a losing record to). He is OBVIOUSLY succeeding, and the program is clearly on the upswing.

You poor thing. I know you can't help it.

Re: I said good, not great. Dabo took a team that had talent to

Jun 10, 2012, 2:30 PM [ in reply to I said good, not great. Dabo took a team that had talent to ]

hatfield could get the most out of the players he had, he just couldn't get the talent to clemson, when ford's players finished their eligibility, hatfield couldn't sustain it.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

wrong way wrong on that talent comment.****

Jun 12, 2012, 1:22 PM [ in reply to its not even close....... ]

Oh sure, just disregard our O-line injuries late and

Jun 7, 2012, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Exactly, we have equal or better talent, yet they own us. So ]

the fact that our DC was a freaking Spaz! The DC has been replaced much like the OC from the prior year! What's gonna be your excuse for CDS after this year? Hater gonna hate! And BTW the old ball sacks record after 4 years 1-3, check it out!!!

LOL We struggled early again wofford and other bad teams.

Jun 7, 2012, 4:36 PM

Again, excuses excuses excuses from you guys.

I'm done with you Dude! For Pete's sake stay west of the

Jun 7, 2012, 4:38 PM

Cooper! Don't venture over to God's country, I'd hate to feel your negativity in my homeland!

I'm not negative, I'm living in reality. It's not negative

Jun 7, 2012, 4:42 PM

to embrace the truth. Only once you accept there are problems can you address them, face them, and move forward in a positive way. Ignoring them, living in denial, solves nothing. In fact, it makes them worse.

Okay one more time, how are YOU...YOU going to solve

Jun 7, 2012, 4:44 PM

the problem only you see????

He hasn't a clue. He hardly knows the difference between a

Jun 7, 2012, 9:02 PM

football and a basketball.

Poor guy is not right in the head.

You mean embrace your opinion. Which is like your #######,

Jun 8, 2012, 1:31 AM [ in reply to I'm not negative, I'm living in reality. It's not negative ]

because everyone else has one too.

You aren't special.

Re: Ummm, how many top 150 players do the coots have?

Jun 7, 2012, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Ummm, how many top 150 players do the coots have? ]

Melamb, who cares about top 150, those numbers are for high school. Melvin Ingram, a 3 star not rated player is a perfect example of how unimportant rankings of high school players are. Sydney Rice, a 2 star. Dwayne Allen, he was a 3 star player who was not ranked and he turned out to be a very good player. All I am saying is that Dabos past recruiting classes are over rated because he recruits numbers not needs. Ask Bobby Bowden about that, he himself admitted that is what led to the demise of FSU under his tenure at the end.

Look at the total class.

Jun 9, 2012, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Ummm, how many top 150 players do the coots have? ]

Right now, we are ranked 9th. clemson is ranked 36th.

We won the ACC, but got blown out by a bad BC St and

Jun 7, 2012, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: unlike last year, it seems more players are committing early ]

the two loses that really hurt were the OB fiasco and USC. We've been beat by USC in near blowouts 3 in a row. They are the 5th best team in the SEC and we are the ACC champs, yet they own us. And WVa is out of the Big East and they killed us.

People on TNET are foolishly putting way way too much stock in winning the ACC. The ACC sucks. Once we leave the ACC we get stomped. And don't forget, we had a losing season the year before.

Constant turnover with key staff positions doesn't help either.

Dabo is recruiting on his record now, not his personality and vision. It's only going to get harder unless he does something special this year.

Jun 9, 2012, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: unlike last year, it seems more players are committing early ]

You know what makes fires me up and shows how much an opposing team is scared of their rival?? When their cowardly fans come to their rivals web sites and start posting a bunch of negative comments about a program while posing as a "fan" of that program. Look at all the Coot fans on this blog who are posing as Clemson fans but write as many BS negative comments as they can about the Tigers...It really shows how scared they are of our program and the steps being taken to insure long term success..IE..Recruiting (look at all the jabs they try to get in on our recruiting despite the fact that we have outrecruited them 15 of the past 20 years), Coaches (how many nicknames can they desperately come up with to try and degrade a coach and his allstar assistant staff), Facilities (they have always lagged behind in facilites and will never be able to surpass Clemson unless they move their entire university out of the lowly city of Columbia), University System (they call Clemson University names like "Ag U", not knowing that Clemson far outranks SC in the Schools of Engineering, Business, Computer Science & IT, Accounting, Education, Applied Sciences, etc,etc. Also, Clemson grads earn (on average) about 20K more per year than SC grads....obviously because employers put more value in a much higher ranked Clemson education than a middle tier SC education. Bottom line is this: The sheer number of Coot fans that come to Clemson related sports sites (many who pose as Clemson fans) to post negative comments about our program just shows the high level of insecurity, ignorance and fear about Clemson's dominance in football over the past 100 years, Clemson's overall education/college experience and the Clemson graduates' domination in after college success and earnings as a whole! So, the more negative comments by these Coots just shows the growing amount of fear and ignorance within their fan base....therefore, I am pleased more and more when I read all the attempts to bash Clemson on our own athletic websites...so, bring it on Coots!!

Jun 7, 2012, 3:39 PM [ in reply to unlike last year, it seems more players are committing early ]

agree... and other teams are kicking our butts it seems to me..I know lots of top guys do not commit early but AGAIN this year lots more are commit early!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Line recruiting is terrible

Jun 7, 2012, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Recruiting is the one area where Dabo has earned our trust ]

This will be dabs downfall unless changes are made. One more loss to the coots puts him on the hotseat and that is pathetic considering we won the acc last year.

While he has proven himself on getting star recruits at the

Jun 7, 2012, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Recruiting is the one area where Dabo has earned our trust ]

skill positions, the jury is still out on the recruiting of both lines.

I think the difference this year

Jun 7, 2012, 12:11 PM

is that it doesn't seem like there are nearly as many big-name guys planning to camp here this year, and we've had a ton of our targets announce for other schools.

I don't remember feeling nearly as worried about recruiting last year.

Unfortunately, many TigerNet posters are drama queens.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:35 PM

If you listen to some people here, our recruiting sucks, our coaches suck, our conference sucks, our leadership sucks, and we can't possibly compete with the almighty SEC. Waaah!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Unfortunately, many TigerNet posters are drama queens.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:43 PM

And the same ones forbid us to move to the B12. Just watch our recruiting if we don't go. And once all the slots are full for making a change and we're not in one. We will be a SC State type team for many years to come. The acc has absolutely NO respect as a FB conference, NONE !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right on! It's sickening!!!***

Jun 7, 2012, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, many TigerNet posters are drama queens. ]

Reality check - The ACC does suck!! And Dabo is a mediocre

Jun 7, 2012, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, many TigerNet posters are drama queens. ]

head coach, at best. Why are we constantly blown out by teams with less or equal talent? Why do we struggle versus teams with far less talent? Simple one word answer - coaching.

And Blue Caddie is a half a-s-s poster...

Jun 7, 2012, 3:29 PM

yada yada yada

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Re: And Blue Caddie is a half a-s-s poster...

Jun 7, 2012, 4:25 PM

blue_caddie is a chickentroll who undoubtedly howls at the incessant controversy he provokes with fans on this website.

It astounds me that people still think they're engaging him in serious discussion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reality check - The ACC does suck!! And Dabo is a mediocre

Jun 9, 2012, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Reality check - The ACC does suck!! And Dabo is a mediocre ]

Who cares.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:36 PM

All i've heard is how great a recruiter dabo is. ### does it matter how well you recruit when the best you can do in your bowl is 70-33? You could just focus on 1 and 2 star players and achieve the same result. We need a coach, not a recruiting coordinator.

Re: Who cares.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:41 PM

If coach woulda put me in we woulda won state...

Wanna bet I can throw this football over that mountain.

Quit living in the past Uncle Rico.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Who cares. ]

Danny Ford is gone and will never return. And I wouldn't want him now anyway. Dabo is our new Danny type coach. FB is harder to win these days. And Dabo is putting together good coaches and players. WVU COULD NOT beat us again like that ever again, if they could beat us at all. Let it the FK FK FK go!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2012, 2:37 PM

^ this a thousand times

Dabo isn't anywhere close to being another Ford.***

Jun 7, 2012, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Who cares. ]

Ford took 3 star recruits and made them NFL players.***

Jun 7, 2012, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Who cares. ]

Re: Ford took 3 star recruits and made them NFL players.***

Jun 7, 2012, 4:40 PM

and yet i get tmails from crump and this guy is allowed to say anything he wishes about our coaches and players. kinda boggles the mind.

B/c I follow the rules. Being honest and pointing out the

Jun 7, 2012, 4:44 PM

truth is not against the terms of use.

Re: B/c I follow the rules. Being honest and pointing out the

Jun 7, 2012, 4:45 PM

wow, just wow.

Re: B/c I follow the rules. Being honest and pointing out the

Jun 7, 2012, 4:51 PM [ in reply to B/c I follow the rules. Being honest and pointing out the ]

How many times have you called people idiots? Also isn't bashing Clemson against the rules?

It's people like him that make me stay away from this board!***

Jun 7, 2012, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Ford took 3 star recruits and made them NFL players.*** ]

I got tmailed from crump too about calling

Jun 7, 2012, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Ford took 3 star recruits and made them NFL players.*** ]

Caddy, cootie yet he is allowed to bash Dabo constantly

Message was edited by: Bryanttiger®

bbbut Swofford, Big 12...***

Jun 7, 2012, 3:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Patently false. I saw the wins but also saw a team playing

Jun 7, 2012, 5:49 PM

It is what it is man...we can't change our schedule, coaching staff or conference...when your a fan you pull for what your dealt..obviously something you DONT understand!!

Re: Front Page Story: Tigers on same recruiting track as a year ago

Jun 7, 2012, 7:02 PM

Blue Cootie is just a pathetic Chicken fan.

He was challenged to prove that he is in fact a Clemson grad and failed the task.

null

Yup. He told me almost a year ago he was going to provide

Jun 7, 2012, 9:08 PM

pics of his ring and diploma.

Waiting...

Me thinks Faddy is an obsessive liar.

What Should Fire Up Real Clemson Football fans & CU grads

Jun 9, 2012, 12:30 PM

Re: What Should Fire Up Real Clemson Football fans & CU grads

Jun 9, 2012, 12:35 PM

Correction: You know what fires me up and shows how much an opposing team is scared of their rival?? When their cowardly fans come to their rivals web sites and start posting a bunch of negative comments about a program while posing as a "fan" of that program. Look at all the Coot fans on this blog who are posing as Clemson fans but write as many BS negative comments as they can about the Tigers...It really shows how scared they are of our program and the steps Clemson continuously takes to insure long term success..IE..Recruiting (look at all the jabs they try to get in on our recruiting despite the fact that we have outrecruited them 15 of the past 20 years), Coaches (how many nicknames can they desperately come up with to try and degrade a coach and his allstar assistant staff), Facilities (they have always lagged behind in facilites and will never be able to surpass Clemson unless they move their entire university out of the lowly city of Columbia), University System (they call Clemson University names like "Ag U", not knowing that Clemson far outranks SC in the Schools of Engineering, Business, Computer Science & IT, Accounting, Education, Applied Sciences, etc,etc. Also, Clemson grads earn (on average) about 20K more per year than SC grads....obviously because employers put more value in a much higher ranked Clemson education than a middle tier SC education. Bottom line is this: The sheer number of Coot fans that come to Clemson related sports sites (many who pose as Clemson fans) to post negative comments about our program just shows the high level of insecurity, ignorance and fear about Clemson's dominance in football over the past 100 years, Clemson's overall education/college experience and the Clemson graduates' domination in after college success and earnings as a whole! So, the more negative comments by these Coots just shows the growing amount of fear and ignorance within their fan base....therefore, I am pleased more and more when I read all the attempts to bash Clemson on our own athletic websites...so, bring it on Coots!!

a lot of people are saying the ob will kill our recruiting,

Jun 9, 2012, 12:49 PM

think about it like this: if you were an upcoming hs sr,on the defensive side of the ball, where would you have the best shot at coming in and getting some serious playing time, if not start? a team that is just coming off a game in which they gave up 70 (in a bcs game,no less, so there is talent there), or a team that who some say has a top-20 defense.clemson would be getting a long,hard look by me without a doubt.

Early Guesses at how the class ends in Feb-013

Jun 10, 2012, 1:47 PM

LB-Ben Boulware
RB-Wayne Gallman
LB-DJ Greenlee
DB-Jadar Johnson
TE-Jordan Leggett
LB-Dorian ODaniel
DL-Montravius Adams
DB-Kendall Fuller
OL-Tyrone Crowder
LB-Laranz Bryant
WR-Marquez North
RB-Tyshon Dye
OL-Austin Droogsma
DB-David Kamara
DE-DeMarcus Walker
DB-Adrian Baker
DL-Greg Gilmore
OL-Christain Morris

Ok..
so theres some wishful thinking as well.

Replies: 68
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic