Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Right now we're probably 6 in CFP based on resume & eye
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,199

Right now we're probably 6 in CFP based on resume & eye

Oct 1, 2018, 9:12 AM

test only (fortunately for us our reputation probably pushes us up higher than we deserve). Again, that is just right now. If we go undefeated with an ACC Championship we definitely get in because we'd have no losses and reputation alone. However, just looking at things today based only on eye test and resume it probably shakes down like this:

1. Bama - Eye test alone. They haven't beaten anybody, but no one has even come close to being competitive against them this year.

2. tOSU - Personally, I'm not that impressed with them, but they probably do have right now the nation's best win in beat Penn State on the road all things considered

3. UGA - Eye test. They haven't beaten anybody, but they haven't been challenged in any game either

4. LSU - Not impressed with them, but they do have good wins vs Aub and Miami which is better resume-wise than anything we have

5. ND - Eye test tells me they are unimpressive struggling with Ball State and Vandy, but they have the best pair of wins of any team in the country with Ws over Michigan and Stanford (they'll nationally get credit for that even though I think Mich and Stanford are overrated)

6. Clemson - We probably slide in right here. We struggled to beat 2 teams which aren't nationally considered great teams right now in Cuse and TAMU (even though combined those 2 teams have only loss to us and Bama). Some might be impressed with the win vs Cuse with our 3rd team QB. While others won't care because they had us as 25pt favorites playing them at home and felt we should have handled them regardless.

7. Okla - No good wins and struggled to beat Army at home

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say 15...no 18...no wait

Oct 1, 2018, 9:14 AM

it doesnt matter

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Clemson vs. Bama.... as it should be.***

Oct 1, 2018, 9:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good thing the CFP committee is not voting today***

Oct 1, 2018, 9:30 AM

ND throttled Wake ... Clemson gets its chance Sat.

Oct 1, 2018, 9:32 AM

That will tell us how we stand against ND at least.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Right now we're probably 6 in CFP based on resume & eye

I think LSU Beats Bama

Re: Right now we're probably 6 in CFP based on resume & eye

We definitely need help, especially with Notre Dame. They have to lose a game somewhere
or they probably get in on "reputation".
OSU also has some reputation, but not as much, IMO, as N.D.If they go undefeated, it would be hard, however, leaving them out, especially after what happened last season.
As far as the rest, if Notre Dame does go undefeated, that probably knocks out Georgia if they lose to Bama. But what happens if Georgia beats an undefeated Bama for the SECCG?
Only way LSU gets in is to beat Bama and win the West.
For Clemson, all we can do is win out. A loss anywhere and we don't get in, period.
The problem is, only 4 get in, and you have 6 teams fighting for those four spots.

Just win

Oct 1, 2018, 9:35 AM

Lots of football to play for all teams and things will work themselves out. Go Tigers! Beat Wake!

we just have to win out. Georgia LSU Alabama will take care of itself.

Oct 1, 2018, 9:43 AM

Yes two could conceivably make it in again but not at the expense of an undefeated power 5. The concern would be Notre Dame. At least they schedule good ooc, but they have more leeway there. When ND is sitting at home on Conference Championship weekend, that will hurt them. If we have one loss we are at the mercy of everyone else. If we win out we are in. But I imagine several of those will have losses by then. I would love to play Ohio state again and beat them 32-0 just to remind them they are our #####. This is the same argument every year. I would imagine at some point that the doomsday will happen. But a team that almost losses to army—I don’t think that necessarily comes back to haunt them—but I do think that shows they are vulnerable. Of course we are too but I think we just keep getting better.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is no way 2 sec schools make it in again

Oct 1, 2018, 9:46 AM

last year was a fluke. They won't put someone that just lost in a championship game in the final 4 and how often is there going to be a 1 loss SEC team that doesn't make it to the championship game. It was a fluke, it won't happen again in the next 20 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m not so sure. I think the stars do have to align for it.

Oct 1, 2018, 9:54 AM

I agree that the loser of the conf champ won’t make it in. But this reminds me a lot of the bcs era. Seems like every year LSU and Alabama were beating each other. Then the loser of that game didn’t lose another game and was in the bcs. Meanwhile the winner, if they went on to win the secc was for sure in and in great position but if they lost, oddly enough the team that lost earlier on was better off. It may not happen again this year but I would not count it out entirely.

Bama and LSU are the only two teams that can do that

Oct 1, 2018, 10:02 AM

Kentucky will lose at least 2 SEC games so they can't leave a 1 loss Uga at home. LSU will lose more than 1 game too.

Win and we are in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing I 100 percent agree with is win and we are in.

Oct 1, 2018, 10:11 AM

And I do agree that where LSU is as a program they are unlikely to go one loss. Just saying that I don’t think it’s impossible.

Re: There is no way 2 sec schools make it in again

Oct 1, 2018, 11:42 AM [ in reply to There is no way 2 sec schools make it in again ]

The Only team in the country that gets the benefit of the loss in the final week of the season is Bama. Even then had OSU not lost 2 games last year Bama isn't even in the playoffs. The PAC 12 will not have a team undefeated with the possibility of having a 2 loss champion again. PAC 12 out of Playoffs., B1G will only have 1 team in the playoffs and that appears to be OSU, SECheat has 4 teams undefeated but Kentucky, LSWho both play UGA. 2 of those teams will come out with a loss or UGA could come out with 2 losses. LSWho plays Bama and one of those teams will be going down. SECheat 1 team in, Big 12 is down to OK and WV but they end up playing during the final regular season matchup. Which could put both of those teams with one loss each if they both make it past a improving Texas team. PAC12 ??? for palyoff. ND could still go undefeated and if they do will have a good chance to make the playoffs. that leaves the ACC champion as the last remaining playoff spot. Win all the games and we're in. Lose one and still have a better shot than PAC12 or Big 12 with one loss. Go Tigers.

Again, the breakdown was as things stand Oct 1

Oct 1, 2018, 10:20 AM

Only 1 if any out of Bama, LSU, and UGA will be undefeated at the end of the year. That takes care of 2 of those teams and ND will be sitting at home during Championship weekend even if they win out. If we win out we'll be no worse than the 3 seed at the end of the year. No undefeated Power 5 conference champ has ever been left out of the playoffs. That won't and shouldn't change this year.

There will be teams with one loss as you say. I do wonder if an undefeated

Oct 1, 2018, 10:46 AM

Nd gets left out somehow does that then make them want to join a conference entirely or is the tradition too important. I’m not sure i see an undefeated team in notre dame at the end of the year anyways. I think they lose. And if they are undefeated I doubt they get left out. I’m glad they beat Stanford though. I think that helps the acc somewhat. I do wish va tech hadn’t lost to freaking old dominion. But they’ve creeped back in the top 25

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,199
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic