Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rick Barnes out at TX according to ESPN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Rick Barnes out at TX according to ESPN

Mar 28, 2015, 5:32 PM

Wow.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tennessee?***

Mar 28, 2015, 5:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he will not be unemployed for long

Mar 28, 2015, 5:40 PM

Probably flying to interview right now

More likely Alabama

Mar 28, 2015, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Tennessee?*** ]

After Marshall turns them down. Earlier this week, I predicted Marshall to Texas, and I still believe that will happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about Clemson?

Mar 28, 2015, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Tennessee?*** ]

Nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How about Clemson?

Mar 28, 2015, 6:50 PM

I have stated I have been pizzed at Barnes since he left but I wish things were different and we could go out and sign him. I know it's impossible but one can wish! As my dad use to say "crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one gets filled faster!" Oh well.....

It's hard to imagine a coach who has made the dance

Mar 28, 2015, 5:57 PM

13 of his 14 years there (including this year), including 5 Sweet 16s, 3 Elite 8s, and one Final 4, and won 69% of his games at a football school is getting canned. Heck, what would we do for a coach like that, considering we gave a 6-year extension and a gazillion dollar buyout to a guy who had only gotten us to the dance once in 4 years? I guess expectations are higher at some places.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: It's hard to imagine a coach who has made the dance

Mar 28, 2015, 6:13 PM

His team this year was the most underachieving in all of college basketball. By the end of the year, he had less support among Texas fans than Leggett does here. Despite his record there, this was predictable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you have ever interacted with UT fans like I .have

Mar 28, 2015, 6:25 PM [ in reply to It's hard to imagine a coach who has made the dance ]

the Marine Corps is LOADED with TX folks and Horns fans, they are some of the most delusional blue blooded entitled fans in the nation, if not the worst I've seen. They think that FB, Basketball, Baseball should all win NC's year after year because they are UT, by god, and you should realize that makes them elite and royalty. Barnes is not my favorite guy after Clemson, but goodness, gracious, the guy put UT basketball on the map after Abe Lemons left. He will surface and win somewhere.

Re: If you have ever interacted with UT fans like I .have

Mar 28, 2015, 6:34 PM

I agree he's not as bad a coach as Texas fan believe, but there is no denying that he did a horrible job with the talent he had this year. His team this year had the talent to be #1 seed. If you recall, they almost beat UK early in the year in Lexington, and their PG missed that game with an injury.

Re: If you have ever interacted with UT fans like I .have

Mar 28, 2015, 6:34 PM [ in reply to If you have ever interacted with UT fans like I .have ]

Not agreeing with the elitist attitude but shouldn't we want to be great in everything. Football schools can be good in basketball if they make a legitimate commitment to being good.

I completely agree with you

Mar 28, 2015, 6:48 PM

but there is an air of "we are the University of Texas" with most of their fans....as if that is the password or no explanation needed. I love it when they are mediocre because they are SEC fans in attitude from my experience. There is an arrogance in that fan base that rubs me rough and has for years and years. As for the Tigers, I am as irritated as any Tiger fan with our basketball and baseball programs. You cannot tell me that we cannot win in both sports. I like Brownell and believe that he is a good coach. Leggett isn't the answer as far as I am concerned in baseball. Both programs need youthful energy in our coaches and staff. We need the type of personalities that believe and radiate that belief into their teams.

Thank you for your service, Brownell,

Mar 28, 2015, 6:08 PM

and welcome back Coach Barnes! Let's make a move in the ACC!

Hopefully his kids have graduated HS by now.***

Mar 28, 2015, 6:32 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hopefully his kids have graduated HS by now.***

Mar 28, 2015, 6:35 PM

Wasn't he at Texas for like 17 years? So I would hope so

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully his girlfriend has too***

Mar 28, 2015, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Hopefully his kids have graduated HS by now.*** ]

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic