Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rewatching the final drive
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Rewatching the final drive

Jan 30, 2017, 10:17 PM

Just curious what others were thinking when we only ran one play in a minute. I remember watching and thinking we were just going to tie it up and try to win in overtime.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never gets old!***

Jan 30, 2017, 10:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rewatching the final drive

Jan 30, 2017, 10:22 PM

I have asked forgiveness for what I was thinking.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely too close for comfort ...

Jan 31, 2017, 8:49 AM

... if you don't have ICE in your veins like Dabo and D4...

then kicked it to ourselves and took a knee... That's what "controlling the game" looks like ...

It won't be long now ....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking the same thing. Admit I was a little frustrated we were taking so much time off the clock. Just more proof our coaches are smarter than I am!

I was pacing back and forth shaking my head. I thought we messed up big time if we planned to leave it up to a kick JUST to tie it. BUT, they went for the jugular...it was a surreal moment watching with my dad. One I'll never forget and always cherish.

Jan 30, 2017, 10:23 PM

I initially thought it was poor clock management but once it kept going I realized it was intentional. Had DW not found Leggett on the 16 yard completion it would have been seen as a mistake. Everything about the game was storybook and clutch I really can't believe it happened.

My son was going nuts...

Jan 30, 2017, 10:25 PM

and I was trying to keep him calm... getting older does have some benefit. I even stated, "What if we take it down to 5 seconds before we score a TD - we still win. Don't worry!"

We have laughed about that a few times since!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Jan 31, 2017, 7:27 AM

no I knew if we got a shot we'd go for the kill. Turns out their qb's long run was good for us. Left clock which I told the wife at the time was a good thing. JUst enough time for DW to do what he does

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was confident that we were 1) going for the win,

Jan 31, 2017, 7:32 AM

2) OKAY with the idea of going to overtime (their defense was on the ropes) and

3) in no way interested in doing anything that gave Bama the ball back in regulation with ANY time left.

null

I told folks around me at the game that this is what it

Jan 31, 2017, 8:09 AM

feels like to be ALL IN with Dabo! It looked to me like we were going to score a TD on go home - OT was not going to be an option. I was sweating in that cold stadium!

Turned out to be a thing of beauty! :)

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2017, 8:24 AM

Anyone else notice when Hunter made the catch, the camera was shaking from all of us jumping up and down?

Jan 31, 2017, 8:31 AM

And did we recover an onside kick with 1 second left? Really? I think it was just a happy dream.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic