Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rewatch the first half of last seasons GOAT team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Rewatch the first half of last seasons GOAT team

Aug 4, 2019, 1:52 PM

I’m up to the Wake Forest game right now and have noticed a lot of things. The QB situation is obvious so needs no discussion. The things that stand out to me are this:

1) Most teams played their hearts out against the Tigers and had some amazing plays that they didn’t replicate the rest of the season. Syracuse and TAMU come to mind. Tech started out well in their first drives. GASO did really well. Clemson is clearly the game everyone’s circled on their calendar.

2) The running game was never in doubt. Etienne, Feaster, and Choice were solid performers and the line did a nice job of opening holes. Even when the pass game was frustrating the RBs were making plays.

3) The first quarter and the fourth quarter were completely different games and the slow starts to the first quarter didn’t indicate in any way whatsoever the final score

4) Big plays against the Tiger defense happened, but overall the defense prevailed on downs. A blown coverage in the middle for a 30 yard gain was easily followed up with two tackles for loss and a sack.

5) The team started at a #2 ranking then got demoted to #4 without losing, but finished the season as the BEST EVER with a 15-0 record and crushing the lauded Crimson Tide.

I have high expectations for this season but reviewing last season has left me with a pretty good perspective on how I plan to watch the games this year. There won’t be the same QB drama and I expect the offense to operate more fluidly in early games but, even if every drive and quarter isn’t perfect there’s really no reason to be concerned ;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rewatch the first half of last seasons GOAT team

Aug 4, 2019, 5:39 PM

Just an aside.....Clemson scored 52 points against FSPU in the second and third quarters of last year's game. That's 52 points in one half!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic