Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reuters: Soleimani’s plot to attack the US.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Reuters: Soleimani’s plot to attack the US.

Jan 7, 2020, 8:38 AM

Glad we moved on this when we did.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iraq-security-soleimani-insight-idUSKBN1Z301Z

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was a man who needed killing. My concern is that there

Jan 7, 2020, 8:44 AM

likely is no plan yet in place for the blow back. My opinion is that this was an quick decision driven primarily by the opportunity to make the hit in Baghdad. Taking that guy out on Iranian soil would have been clearly an act of war which is probably why it took until now to kill him.

I believe our military commanders had plans for many...

Jan 7, 2020, 8:57 AM

Iran's possible retaliatory actions. According to what I've read there were multiple options offered when they brought the package to Trump. I suspect they planned for whichever option Trump selected.

I believe the plan is to deploy so much air firepower that Iran will fear what escalating this situation will bring.

The US deployed 6 B52s to an island in the Indian ocean and displayed 50+ of our latest fighter jets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you just dont KNOW the plan, and the easy thing is to

Jan 7, 2020, 9:08 AM [ in reply to This was a man who needed killing. My concern is that there ]

criticize the President.

There has been a plan in place for years to kill this guy. There have been several high ranking former CIA and military leaders state on the record that he has been a target and that on previous occasions the kill order was not given for various reasons.

General McCrystal has gone on record saying that this was a good move. He cannot be listed as a Trump Shill. He has been quite critical of Mr Trump in other instances. But he supports him here.

General Petraeus has also gone on record supporting the move.

Obama's DHS Secretary states that Soleimani "was a lawful military objective, and the president, under his constitutional authority as commander in chief, had ample domestic legal authority to take him out without an additional congressional authorization. Whether he was a terrorist or a general in a military force that was engaged in armed attacks against our people, he was a lawful military objective.”

When Trump says things like "I know more than the generals,

Jan 7, 2020, 10:48 AM

that I can tell you" it is hard to have confidence that he collected and analyzed on the options before him.

That said, again I support taking the Iranian, whose name I cannot spell, out.

IMHO, the options were: Kill him and start a shiite storm. Don't kill him and continue with current shiite storm. So why not take him out?

We could have killed him, in Iraq, in 2015.

Jan 7, 2020, 9:22 AM [ in reply to This was a man who needed killing. My concern is that there ]

And several other times in other countries as well.

Iran knows that if they do something on a scale similar to 911 against the US, they will suffer the same fate as the Taliban.

So few people appreciate what we're capable of doing today. Taking out the Taliban like we did was a feat the Russians couldn't do in a 10-year war. It was their Vietnam.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We could have killed him, in Iraq, in 2015.

Jan 7, 2020, 10:51 AM

"Iran knows that if they do something on a scale similar to 911 against the US, they will suffer the same fate as the Taliban."

We give them Afghanistan too?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Taliban is still a going concern, and will continue to be***

Jan 7, 2020, 11:30 AM [ in reply to We could have killed him, in Iraq, in 2015. ]

#FAKENEWS

Jan 7, 2020, 8:45 AM

According to Dems!

Yeah right, like I'm gonna trust the MSM. Nice try.***

Jan 7, 2020, 8:56 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right?

Jan 7, 2020, 12:04 PM

What in the world is a Reuters? Why in the world would I trust a source like that when I could just use American-Independent-Thinker.ru

“Plot by Iran’s Soleimani to attack the US forces in Iraq”***

Jan 7, 2020, 12:37 PM

If that's accurate, then Soleimani achieved his goal of

Jan 7, 2020, 12:54 PM

redirecting the area's ire at the US.

So - if it was going to happen anyway - and folks had to die to start it - it might as well be his life.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's been that way since the Shah was running the country.

Jan 7, 2020, 2:24 PM

The only way to get along with muslims is help them gain power over others. If you're not fighting with them they hate you. It's been that way throughout history. I doubt killing one more means much considering that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reuters: Soleimani’s plot to attack the US.

Jan 7, 2020, 5:43 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic